Old 11-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
ImGoneCamping

Coaxial Cable Outlets

I've seen so many topics around the subject of figuring out how these travel trailers are wired for cable or satellite.

I've got a SilverBack 29RE by Cedar Creek. Although I have the Living Area working fine with my Dish, I can't figure out why the bedroom and outside jacks aren't simply connected to the receiver in the living room as primary/default hookup. It just seems to me that most folks like me will not be bringing more than one receiver for their travel trailer. Wouldn't it make more sense to wire everything to work from one receiver? That's exactly how I'd like to have mine done.

Currently coax coming into the receiver brings in the signal. An HDMI cable feeds the LR TV. I'd like to use the coax "Out to TV" to feed back into the wall to get to the other two jacks.

What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone located the junction box for the coaxial cabling in an 29RE? Is it possible to just manipulate current wiring and get what I want without running new wire?

MichaelDStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Head Rambler

In most RV's the amplifier plate has all the coax connections on the back of it. You should be able to remove it and figure out which cable goes to the other jacks.

People have bought bulkhead connectors and installed them in the plate and hooked the coaxes to the other locations to them and then used jumpers to route the signals as desired.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #3

I have attached two PDF's files that my dealer provided on the Cedar Creek TV wiring from the satellite and or Antenna. These might help you with the issues of watching the satellite reception in the bed room.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WF-710 ForestRiver Traveler prewire.pdf (671.5 KB, 111 views)
File Type: pdf WF-745 CedarCreek PowerSupply[1].pdf (495.6 KB, 84 views)
Old 11-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I have attached two PDF's files that my dealer provided on the Cedar Creek TV wiring from the satellite and or Antenna. These might help you with the issues of watching the satellite reception in the bed room.
In your second attachment if you wanted to use any of the existing wiring shown for satellite, you would need to reconfigure it all at the amplifier plate by using a splitter and A-B switch/switches so you still maintained the ability to use the antenna. Those amplifier plates are not sat friendly. The added splitter for distribution and any of the factory installed ones shown will need to be "power pass" splitters to work with satellite.

The prewiring for the roof mounted sat is awesome, but would be a little problematic if your in the woods a lot. Thats a complete separate system from the wiring in your 2nd attachment?

I've rewired a few on my own, and quite a few for other people, and the only thing for sure is nothing is for sure. It seems they wire them different from unit to unit.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDStark View Post
I've seen so many topics around the subject of figuring out how these travel trailers are wired for cable or satellite.

I've got a SilverBack 29RE by Cedar Creek. Although I have the Living Area working fine with my Dish, I can't figure out why the bedroom and outside jacks aren't simply connected to the receiver in the living room as primary/default hookup. It just seems to me that most folks like me will not be bringing more than one receiver for their travel trailer. Wouldn't it make more sense to wire everything to work from one receiver? That's exactly how I'd like to have mine done.

Currently coax coming into the receiver brings in the signal. An HDMI cable feeds the LR TV. I'd like to use the coax "Out to TV" to feed back into the wall to get to the other two jacks.

What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone located the junction box for the coaxial cabling in an 29RE? Is it possible to just manipulate current wiring and get what I want without running new wire?
Your existing coax (park cable/over air) routing allows viewing of all TV's of whatever source is selected. It is accomplished via splitter(s). Right now you have just isolated the receiver to the front TV via the HDMI cable. You need to find out which coax feeds the splitter(s) and connect it to your receiver. Splitters on the output of your receiver will not have any adverse affect on the signal to the other TV's. Of course that will only allow sat tv throughout your unit. A/B coax switches are easily installed to switch between inputs to all TV's. There are certainly numerous ways to attack this issue and other members chiming in will present theirs.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical