Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Read your paper manual that came with your RV. Go back to ANY dealer that sells the Palomino brands. The Dometic Comfort Control thermostat like yours is used in other brands besides Columbus. If your dealer is close to you, go back to them of course. I know some of the Columbus rigs came with a heat pump system. How that one works I don't know. Do you have a heat pump or just regular propane furnace? Your RV also came with Coach-Net. That is a free service for help during 1st year of ownership. They have a 1-800 to call that is open 24/7. If the internet is helping you better than your dealer, you may have a clue on how crappy your dealer is. There are a bunch of unqualified dealer service departments out their.
I tried the system reset...it worked...I now have heat...thanks again for all the help.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #12
Trailer Trash

The Columbus rigs have the Dometic Comfort Control digital multizone like this. Dealers don't set them up correctly and many of the extra features don't exist like humidity control, outside temp indication, etc. They are goofy to understand for the non techy types of owners. Many of those same low tech owners have a heck of a time setting up and running the home theatre system also. However, a 20 something year old video game playing online junkie in the campground can set it all up in 1 hour or less.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #13

Yea, that thermostat is just like mine. Its not that hard to figure o out, it just had missing information. Thanks to your help, I fixed that. Now I've got
Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #14

Sorry, my crazy computer has a mind of it's own...sent my message before I finished typing.

Tags
columbus, palomino