Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #1

Columbus Palomino 385BH

Help please! How do you turn the furnace on? The thermastat does not have furnace in the list of choices. Please help. New to RVing.
ColumbusPalomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #2

Heat.

Is that a choice?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Trailer Trash

Click mode button till heat comes on.

If you want to try a system reset for thermostat.........

When your unit was installed the appropriate dip switches on the electronic control board were turned on to match your system configuration. Any time these settings are changed, a system reset will need to be done before the CCC 2 thermostat will recognize the updated selection.

To do a system reset:
• Make sure the CCC 2 thermostat is in the OFF mode.

• Simultaneously press the
MODE and ZONE buttons. The LCD will display
“IniT” and all available zones.
•Release the

MODE and ZONE buttons.
•Press the
ON/OFF button to exit system set up.

joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Trailer Trash

Make sure your propane tank valves are open also. The front two are auto switching. The back/3rd tank is a spare backup tank.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #5

no heat is not a choice
Old 10-07-2013, 03:36 AM   #6

Thanks, I will try the system reset...there are only 2 zones listed and that is for both AC units.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
Trailer Trash

Read your paper manual that came with your RV. Go back to ANY dealer that sells the Palomino brands. The Dometic Comfort Control thermostat like yours is used in other brands besides Columbus. If your dealer is close to you, go back to them of course.

I know some of the Columbus rigs came with a heat pump system. How that one works I don't know. Do you have a heat pump or just regular propane furnace?

Your RV also came with Coach-Net. That is a free service for help during 1st year of ownership. They have a 1-800 to call that is open 24/7.

If the internet is helping you better than your dealer, you may have a clue on how crappy your dealer is. There are a bunch of unqualified dealer service departments out their.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #8

Can you post a pictureof your thermostat? That would help us determine what stat you have for sure and then offer more direction
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusPalomino View Post
Thanks, I will try the system reset...there are only 2 zones listed and that is for both AC units.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #9

Thanks for all your help...I will do system reset this afternoon, if that doesn't work, I will try some of your other suggestions.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Can you post a pictureof your thermostat? That would help us determine what stat you have for sure and then offer more direction
I will send picture this afternoon, if system reset doesn't work.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Read your paper manual that came with your RV. Go back to ANY dealer that sells the Palomino brands. The Dometic Comfort Control thermostat like yours is used in other brands besides Columbus. If your dealer is close to you, go back to them of course. I know some of the Columbus rigs came with a heat pump system. How that one works I don't know. Do you have a heat pump or just regular propane furnace? Your RV also came with Coach-Net. That is a free service for help during 1st year of ownership. They have a 1-800 to call that is open 24/7. If the internet is helping you better than your dealer, you may have a clue on how crappy your dealer is. There are a bunch of unqualified dealer service departments out their.
I tried the system reset...it worked...I now have heat...thanks again for all the help.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #12
Trailer Trash

The Columbus rigs have the Dometic Comfort Control digital multizone like this. Dealers don't set them up correctly and many of the extra features don't exist like humidity control, outside temp indication, etc. They are goofy to understand for the non techy types of owners. Many of those same low tech owners have a heck of a time setting up and running the home theatre system also. However, a 20 something year old video game playing online junkie in the campground can set it all up in 1 hour or less.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #13

Yea, that thermostat is just like mine. Its not that hard to figure o out, it just had missing information. Thanks to your help, I fixed that. Now I've got
Old 10-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #14

Sorry, my crazy computer has a mind of it's own...sent my message before I finished typing.

Tags
columbus, palomino