Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #161

i had the same problem realized it was the tv interfering with the stereo they sent me a filter to put in the hot wire to the input power to the stereo it didnt work, then we had issues with the stereo not turning on so they sent us a replacement and wow the static is gone now also .. also got the free parts for the power awning to tilt it installed them this past weekend so i guess we will see if it works the way our luck has been this year so far rain every trip ..... good luck
Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #162

I am new here and new to Rving in general. I just bought my first Rv an 07 356srv Wildwood toyhauler. On our maiden voyage directly from the dealer where we bought it used (and assured everything worked 100%, my bad for not checking everything.) We found our concertone was dead. while checking things out on our first night (at Disney no less) I discovered the fuse in the panel box was blown. I had some in my truck, so I poped a new one in. The unit powered up. I started to play with it and search for a channel to listen to when my wife said she smelled smoke. I opened the cabinet it was mounted in and smoke started to billow out. I grabbed my pliers and yanked the fuse before it burnt our 5r down.

After reading 17 pages and speaking to my local dealer, I see this unit is not worth replacing. Especially for the $675 they are costing.

He said they have undergone 5 revisions since my model. I don't know which one it is. The 5r is at the dealler getting other things that work 100% fixed. Its all minor compaired to a burn down, but irksome just the same.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #163

This a huge post to read through. Are the new 690 units any good? Is the 19 inch TV any good?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #164

Concertone

I have a Rockwood 8313 with the zx600 and my surround speakers sond every 5 seconds like a heart beat going from front to rear,Forestriver will cover if under 2yrs old mine is 25 months can anyone tell me how to fix this it is getting on my last nerve
Old 01-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #165

just to say that our new concertone system is awesome, pretty amazing sound for a standard grade stereo system.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #166
Once and future camper

We discovered that the heater causes interference with the Concertone. Just another quirk in the system.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #167

Noise issues in the Concertone ZX 600

Read below for a possible fix. A little history... We purchased our Rockwood TT 3 years ago. Installed is a Concertone ZX600. We have had the same noise described in this forum and many others. We really didn't complain because most of our time was spent outside without the surround sound. If the noise became irritating I just unplugged the tv from the Concertone. Recently, between camping weekends, we started to load the TT and discovered the battery was dead. The battery was several years old so I replaced it. I found out that the factory installed Parallax 7155 Power converter was not charging the battery and needed replacement. While waiting for the replacement to arrive I used a 10 amp battery charger to charge the battery while camping. The noise in the Concertone surround sound was a lot louder. I cut the charger off and isolated the Parallax converter and the noise from the surround sound system was eliminated.

MY fix... I contacted a local car audio shop and explained my situation. He suggested I install a "Pacific Accessory Corporation CSS-12 High Power Noise Filter" ($14.99) between the Concertone and the Fuse. This completely eliminated all interference from the converter. I installed the new Parallax converter and confirmed that it was charging the battery properly (13.87 volts). recheck the Concertone and everything was good. It appears that my issue was similar to alternator noise in your car or truck with a after market system. This may not work for everyone, but it worked for me.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #168
Villa Estate 392FLFB

I got one of these in mine... my remote stopped working one day. turned on but wont work it any more. suggestions? dealer said they will send a new remote but havent. put in fresh batteries to
Old 09-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #169
Site Team

Try pulling the fuse, wait a couple minutes and replace the fuse.
See if this helps. It's probably not the remote.

This thread is soooooooo long that we are going to lock it.
If you have concertone questions please start a new thread with
a proper subject-- one that reflects your issue.
This will help other folks to see you and hopefully they can offer
helpful suggestions.

Thanks and happy camping!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
Closed Thread