Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #151
We just purchased a used 2005 Wildcat - found the Concertone RV2003 (casset/cd player only) not working - no power. I've got a call into the dealership but in the meantime thought I'd do some research. After reading your very informative forum I've concluded that if it turns out we need a new unit I'm thinking I'd rather put something else in.

I'm not an electronics whiz by any stretch of the imagination - Our unit has the surround sound package - is there something else I can hook all these lovely wires up to?? I'd as soon use my iPod instead of CD's, so even some kind of docking station?? I would also like to have our DVD player come thru the surround sound also.

Help !!! )

Old 04-04-2009, 05:36 AM   #152
I have been looking for info and reading with great sadness lol, the Concertone units are less than ideal. I have Cedar Creek 5th wheeler I purchased last spring, and the cener channel has gone out. I tried checking out the wiring and have read that that are some times wired incorrectly from the factory, such as front to rear center to front etc. This in itself is no big deal until you try to trouble shoot. But from what I am reading there is only a six month warranty on the unit, is this correct? Its a shame for what you pay, it only lasted one season, and from Nov. to March was not used!!! Any suggestions?

Old 04-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #153
Off topic for a second, but I just had to comment on how this thread has almost 14000 hits. Amazing. From the sounds of it, Concertone is the worst product found in most of the rockwoods out there. Mine doesn't work as well (rv2000).

I didn't realize how expensive and how difficult it would be to find a replacement. So i'm half tempted to seal up the area with a shelf/cabinet modification and just install an old Pioneer stereo from an old truck that i have in the garage until i find a need for more. done, thanks for listening.

Where we've been:

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
Old 04-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #154
I like the concept of the all in one units. But the quality needs to be better. With all the trailers made in this country or North America one would think that some well known company would come up with a great unit that would be as dependable as a Sony. Hopefully if they do they will keep the same size box for people that want to upgrade. I don't think a lot of us would mind paying a bit more if the quality was there. Camping is a hobby we each know that certain items i our trailers will fail over time and will need to be replaced,but a radio should last longer than a year.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #155
Concertone hissing

Well. I guess I should have looked at this forum before I purchased my Flagstaff fifth wheel. I have a hissing sound with the CD or DVD playing. I was told by my dealer that they would contact Flagstaff and see if they would just send me a new unit to install. I guess I will check all the polarity and other wiring! Thanks, Bob
Old 05-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #156
Grape Escape
Concertone works on all but speaker A option . B Bedroom and C outside work fine but nothing from main speakers. Any ideas? Other than trashing unit......
2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #157
We I received my second concertone unit this week and installed it myself. I was hoping the dealer would get me a new 690, but that didn't pan out.

I removed all the wire nuts and installed terminal strips instead, quite simple and only costs $10. The unit sounds much better no more hissing. I also have an idea to improve the FM reception which I will update after my trial.....
Old 05-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #158
just a quick note. i have my trailer ready for this years first trip this year. we are leaving tomorrow. my final concertone is still working perfectly. i cannot believe it myself after changing all those units dt the new one has been good. good luck everyone.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #159
Well my first weekend with the new concertone unit went well. Still a small amount of static when playing music CDs. Movies though are very good sounds quality, as comparted to previous.

I have connected my IPOD through RCA cables to the aux inputs on the unit, works great.

I modified an antenna extension wire to connect to my Tv cable attenna, it improved the FM reception on the concertone, but not quite the results I was expecting. I guess I will have to move to my next option of connecting my portable Sirius to the Concertone.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #160
Well I added my Sirius to the trailer. I added another terminal strip behind the stereo to get the 12vdc from trailer. Of course the reception of the FM signal from the sirius was terrible so I ended using a 1/8 to RCA to plug into the auxillary input. Now I just have to figure out a way to get the attenna outside and get al ittel better signal as it cuts out once it while up at the lake lot (trees).

Closed Thread