Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #21

I would just install a small inverter to run the unit...the JS5010 is so inexpensive that you can by it and an inverter for a fraction of the price of most any other alternative.

My "Venturer" TV has a tuner but is a basic POC...no speakers...need to have the crappy Concertone on to hear the TV...ugh...other funny thing is that the TV is a 16:9 aspect ratio (HD format) but is NOT an HD receiver...guess they thought the "widescreen" look would be cool even if the pic is distorted. It will be

As for the digital TV conversion in 09, I produce TV commercials and work with a number of broadcast and cable outlets. Between HD (and it's many formats) and the digital conversion, there is a lot of hair-tearing going on with the TV stations. I wouldnt be surprised to see the FCC extend the deadline for conversion.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #22

No, not a 12V unit. However, you can get a 400 Watt inverter from Northern Tool right now for $29. That's the store price, online price is $10 more.

I'll be using a VCR as a tuner in my case. My buddy's setup has a TV that has a tuner. Mine is just a monitor, so I'll need a tuner.

Equalizer Hitch -w- 1000# bars
Yamaha EF2400iS generator
http://www.2manytoyz.com/
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #23

Finally figured out that the noise issues in the surround speakers are being cause by a flaw in the Dolby 5.1 decoder circuit. Suggested this to Jeff Richardson @ FR and he said he would pass this along to his techs. My DVD drive died on our second outing, so the unit has many issues aside from the Dolby flaw. Hopefully someone can come up with a fix, but my guess is that all ZX600's will have the same noise problem until they find why the 5.1 decoder is so noisy.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgc29 View Post
Finally figured out that the noise issues in the surround speakers are being cause by a flaw in the Dolby 5.1 decoder circuit. Suggested this to Jeff Richardson @ FR and he said he would pass this along to his techs. My DVD drive died on our second outing, so the unit has many issues aside from the Dolby flaw. Hopefully someone can come up with a fix, but my guess is that all ZX600's will have the same noise problem until they find why the 5.1 decoder is so noisy.
I agree, only noise is when though dolby, my other speakers are fine, I am on my third
Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #25

just heard

new unit in its way. they have figured out the problem so they say. we will see when they get here. they have nine coming in for various customers.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #26

it is now a month later and still have not come in. wtf. i have been told they have been out of stock because of the high demand. see what happens after christmas. merry christmas
Old 12-22-2007, 04:06 PM   #27
Grape Escape

concertone problems and fixes

I could not get sat radio to power up and after 2 new base units I found that my unit had an additional transformer stepping down to 6 voltsdc installed from factory. Once I removed 6 volt suppy all was well. Only found out by taking apart friend's Rockwood.
Also fnd wiring wrong on speakers. Rears were wired to front and vice versa.
Replaced monitor 1x already.
Friend replaced his amp unit already
Trailer on other hand wonderful other than easy fixes. Hope all are handy that get any trailer from any manufacturer.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
Old 12-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #28

yes all my speakers were wired wrond when i got it. the installers do not even pay attension to polarity. you are right if i did not fix all the little problems myself the trailer would live at the dealer. forest river better step up with this radio issue. i am tired of waiting and hearing that maybe something wrong in the trailer.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #29

well i got one of the "new" radio's yesterday and it does not work properly. that is number 10. i am pissed off. my parents just purchased a new 08 terry resort and it has a jenson system. it works fine and has all the functions concertcrap has. might look into one of those and charge it back to rockwood.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #30

got a new unit last week and was told that the problem they had is fixed. i put it in and it works!!!!!!!! we will see for how long. hope the troubles are over.