Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #41

as i have said, i have replaced many of these units trying to find a good one. my dealer has been great. i did find many wiring problems as well, but i cleared up all the troubles before replacing the first unit. i have doulbe checked all wiring and speakers. the units are crap. the new shipment my dealer recieved of 8 units are all good. i have been told they have fixed the trouble with the units. time will tell. good luck with your dealer. i have a great relationship with my dealer. he bends over backwards for me.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoonut View Post
as i have said, i have replaced many of these units trying to find a good one. my dealer has been great. i did find many wiring problems as well, but i cleared up all the troubles before replacing the first unit. i have doulbe checked all wiring and speakers. the units are crap. the new shipment my dealer recieved of 8 units are all good. i have been told they have fixed the trouble with the units. time will tell. good luck with your dealer. i have a great relationship with my dealer. he bends over backwards for me.
here here to dealerships going the extra mile as they should, mine was the same way!!! They let me take out the stereo and they sent me a new one with a prepaid shipping label to send the old one two, and three back, finally decided to get a refund check from rockwood as they know they have a problem, mind you I got a refund check after my year was expired
Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #43

Welp... Guess i`ll bite on the replacement for mine. I emailed my dealer yesterday and awaiting a call. That noise drives me nuts and we havent even camped in it yet!!! Grrrrr

Joel
Old 02-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKINWOOD View Post
you need to email Jeff Richardson at the Rockwood/Flagstaff , he is the warranty Guru. My dealer has never been like yours, that seems to be very unproffesional in my opinion, esp knowing the history of these units!!!! I believe he is in charge for Rockwood, I think also Flagstaff, anyway here is his email hope this helps

jrichardson@forestriverinc.com
Thanks for the contact name and e-mail address. I have sent Jeff an e-mail and will see what happens. I really appreciate the assistance.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDarr View Post
Thanks for the contact name and e-mail address. I have sent Jeff an e-mail and will see what happens. I really appreciate the assistance.
Hey, no problem, hope you get satisfactory results, please keep us posted!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmprguy View Post
Welp... Guess i`ll bite on the replacement for mine. I emailed my dealer yesterday and awaiting a call. That noise drives me nuts and we havent even camped in it yet!!! Grrrrr

Joel
LOL we know what you mean!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #47

went to pick up new 8313ss on sat with friend also picking up his 8313ss .his tv sound would not play on main speakers mine had horrible buzzing sound in main speakers .needless to say both TT still at dealer .thinking rockwood knows they have a problem and still dont fix it how is the rest of TT with that attitude.might just pull out of deal
Old 03-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #48

I found the rest of the trailer or me anyway has been great with minimal problems, I feel we got our moneys worth other than the stereo, Forest River gave me a refund for the stereo after it was out of warranty, I have had a keystone in the past with a known lamination problem and I just got the run around.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #49

gsp bob. don't let the stereo stop you from getting the rockwood. i am very happy with my trailer and have now received a good radio from rockwood. it works great. i am told the issue is repaired. they did not know it was in the surround sound. now they do. the dealeship you are dealing with probably never even tested the radio. my dealer told me if they had not repaired the trouble soon he would have bought a different system and charged it back to rockwood. I did a lot of research before purchasing a rockwood. my parents just purchased a new terry resort and are have lots of major troubles.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #50

told by dealer today rockwood sending new radio will be there thursday.i should know something then.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #51

good to hear hopefully it is the improved one
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #52

I'm currently waiting on a replacement unit from our dealer. Hope to have it soon. Mine has the low volume noise too. But, what is worse is that after the unit is on for about an hour the remote or the front panel controls no longer work!

The only way to turn the unit off is to pull the fuse, then plug it back in. It is a pain.

I can only hope I get one of the "Fixed" units.

We had absolutely no problems with the Concertone that was in our 2601, it was simple and it worked really good.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #53

Ok..Let`s just say for who`s and ha`s.. Is there a another brand that one could purchase?? I`ve just been surfing the net with no progress! I cannot even find the concertone website! Is this the only manufacturer that makes a stereo with these features???? I find it kinda hard to swallow...theres gotta be more!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #54

jenson system in fleetwood porducts has all the same features and works great.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #55

So.. I stopped down at my dealer today..explained the problem. Yes, of course they know of the continuing problems with the unit. They put in a call to someone at forest river and his response was this.. he would like me to check for the noise with the tralier running on park power then disconnect it to see if it still makes the same noise on the battery power. Apparently some of these radios are picking up the humm from the converter! (a consistant problem would be nice) So if the humm is still there on the battery, my dealer said I could pull the unit out myself and bring it down for replacement!
Thank god..there`s no way the whole trailer is movin for the next couple of months!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #56

When you take the stereo out, dont let the mess of wires scare you, there are a couple of wire harness plugs and rca wires that need unplugged, if you have a xm, make sur that is disconnected also.. when you have your stereo all the way out , check all speaker wires, sometimes you will find they are loose in the wire nut, it is a good idea to check all that stuff since the unit will be out, also dont forget to take the coax wire off of back of unit, that is your antenna wire!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #57

Ya...thats quite the big ball of spagehitti back there! I took it out once already with my brother-in-law (he`s an electronics genius). It was reassuring to have him there, we did go thru all the wires to make sure they were installed into the head unit correctly.
Yep.. I will definatly pay close attention to the coax wire! that would be a definate bummer if that went back to the dealer!
I will most likely have help with me when it does come out again..well since the wires are not long enough to travel all the way to the countertop! It gets close..but no dice.
Thanx for the attention Rockinwood!!
Joel
Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #58

"Ya...thats quite the big ball of spagehitti back there! I took it out once already with my brother-in-law (he`s an electronics genius). It was reassuring to have him there, we did go thru all the wires to make sure they were installed into the head unit correctly.
Yep.. I will definatly pay close attention to the coax wire! that would be a definate bummer if that went back to the dealer!
I will most likely have help with me when it does come out again..well since the wires are not long enough to travel all the way to the countertop! It gets close..but no dice."
Thanx for the attention Rockinwood!!
Joel

That is tooo funny!!! Yea I am a tech by Trade, mostly in Home stereos, DLP LCD and Plasma, the ball of sphagetti even scared me a little!!!! No Problem Joel, anything I can help out I will do my best, otherwise these guys on this forum are great, helped me out a bunch with other stuff!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #59

After a few e-mails back and forth with Steve Rollins at Forrest River, and talking to Jim in their electronics department, they shipped me a replacement unit earlier this week. I put it in this evening and so far everything is working okay. I plan to let it run all day over the weekend to see if it holds up.

I cleaned up the wiring some by taping over the wire nuts on all of the power wires so they do not come loose. I also used wire bundle string (waxed string) to tie all of the wire pairs together and then tied the bundles together behind the connectors to relieve the stress on the wire nuts and connectors.

While I was in there I noticed a capped off wire that was paired with the 12+ power lead. I plan to check this weekend the see if it runs back to the converter. If it does, I plan to connect it to an empty convert fuse slot and hook a 12 cigarette lighter style plug to it so I can plug in my cell phone to charge. The 12- (gnd) is a heavier gauge, so it should be able to handle the load for both circuits. I will let everyone know how that comes out.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #60
gate

very very very long history of this problem.i think they just ship the returned units around to different unsatisfeid customers. i would just look for a different option
Closed Thread