Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #101

Quote:
Are you just getting a stand alone DVD player and hook it to your Lcd? It is a Dam* shame that these Concertones are such pieces of , well you know.
No, my Concertone was just a radio with CD player and surround sound receiver built in. I use a stand alone DVD player that now sends audio signals into the aux. input on the front of the new JVC. no LCD TV. just a good old fashioned (read heavy) 19" Tube TV. I couldn`t find a speaker switch switch other than the $40 one at Radio Shack. so I used four small push on/push off switches to control the outside and inside rear speakers total of $9. the inside fronts I can fade out with the radio. I`ll try and get some pics tonite! and it sounds worlds better than the non-CONERTone that was originally in thier.

I`ll try and get some pics tonite!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
No, my Concertone was just a radio with CD player and surround sound receiver built in. I use a stand alone DVD player that now sends audio signals into the aux. input on the front of the new JVC. no LCD TV. just a good old fashioned (read heavy) 19" Tube TV. I couldn`t find a speaker switch switch other than the $40 one at Radio Shack. so I used four small push on/push off switches to control the outside and inside rear speakers total of $9. the inside fronts I can fade out with the radio. I`ll try and get some pics tonite! and it sounds worlds better than the non-CONERTone that was originally in thier.

I`ll try and get some pics tonite!
Very cool, Cant wait to see the picts, Glad to hear it worked out so good!!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #103

Hope they got the Conertone's fixed. The one in my new 2008 27BHSS works pretty slick - just a little hiss in the surround sound, which is pretty cool for action movies (we've never had it before). Also, I wish the minimum volume was a little lower on the surround sound. I love being able to sit outside and listen to quiet music on the outside speakers, knowing that the next campsite over they can't hear it. That works great!

Wisconsin to Oklahoma and everywhere else I can eventually get to!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #104

Had my concertone zx500, replaced w/ zx600. Only problem I have now is that I have to put the lcd tuner on a channel, then the concertone to tv and put it on the same channel as surround. W/ a dvd, Have to swich lcd to a differt source mode to get it to work w/ both picture and surrond. Is this normal w/ the new replacements(dealer says it its)?
Old 05-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #105

concertone help

can anyone please tell us what where the c speaker gets its sound from? the a is in the kitchen, b in bedroom and c we arent sure,,when it is set in the on position we dont hear anything, we want to put a speaker outside and we were hoping to possibly use that c setup but cant find anywhere that tells us about its use,,any help would greatly help :
Old 05-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #106

c is the outside speakers, you must not have that option. it could be added easily.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #107

Smile outside speaker

how do I know if I have that option, we would like to add the speaker outside for sure, could you tell me what the first step is that I have to do to start. I would greatly appreciate your help, we bought the TT used and there isnt any info on the concertone system, like I had said before, we do show a c option, but how do we know if it is an option and how do we use it...thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #108

If you pull the stereo out. there is a wiring diagram on the back, you may see some unused speaker wires, get a small speaker, push the C and see if you get sound through those wires, I believe I had some extra speaker wires back there, I also do not have outside speakers, good luck!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #109

if you have the button on the front you have the wires on the back. like he said the wiring diagram is on top of the unit once u get it out. you just have to mount marine speakers outside and run the wires. i ordered mine with the outdoor speakers. but i have had it out many times. the wires will be there behind the unit.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #110

Smile

thank you both very much for the info, we will try that on the next venture out, if I could ask one more question please, when we were looking at the system, we were a bit lost as to how to get the unit out, could you please shed some light on it, I am very grateful for all your help, we didnt want to push or pull to hard on the unit, for fear of breaking something, hubby figured it had to come out, just couldnt figure out how to go about it,,we are looking forward to getting the speakers outside,,thanks ::
Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #111

There is a plastic trim around the unit that pulls off the unit, after you pull it it off you will see some phillips screws, remove them , the system will pull out, wires will be accessible, if you want to remove the whole unit, unplug the plugs and rca jacks.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #112

there is a trim ring around the unit like he said but there is two slots at the bottom to put a flat screw driver in to pop the trim off. then remove the screws.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #113

thanks for your help we will give it a try when we go back up next weekend, it helps to be able to ask someone that has already dealt with the issue, and by the sounds of the concertone forums, everyone seems to have one or more issues with this set up...we have already had to replace the monitor with a tv,but the speakers will be a nice addition...thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #114

Let us know how it goes!!! What model do you have?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #115

I am not sure what model I have, we are on a permanent site and try to get up there most weekends, so I will check the model number when we go back up in another week, I will let you know how it all turns out, and once again thank you for your responses. Who said camping was relaxing...lol we do love to camp, and these are small things that we dont get really bothered by. Its just nice to be able to have the knowledge behind you once you do tackle a project..Ill be sure and let you know the outcome..
Old 05-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
I am not sure what model I have, we are on a permanent site and try to get up there most weekends, so I will check the model number when we go back up in another week, I will let you know how it all turns out, and once again thank you for your responses. Who said camping was relaxing...lol we do love to camp, and these are small things that we dont get really bothered by. Its just nice to be able to have the knowledge behind you once you do tackle a project..Ill be sure and let you know the outcome..
I am sorry, I meant model of your trailer, LOL
Old 05-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #117
JJ

is the jensen the same size as concertone
Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #118

so used to talking about the concertone, didnt give any other model number a thought..we have the 8296ss, love the lay out of the TT, I do however feel the reason that it was traded in so new is because of alot of the little things that we have had to fix so far,,nothing major, but there have been quite a few and I kinda feel that may be the reason for the trade. We are so far away from the dealer that it doesnt pay to have it taken back, its a blessing that hubby is able to do the repairs,,he doesnt however like the electronics end of things, so we just keep trying to eliminate the problems as we go..
Old 05-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
so used to talking about the concertone, didnt give any other model number a thought..we have the 8296ss, love the lay out of the TT, I do however feel the reason that it was traded in so new is because of alot of the little things that we have had to fix so far,,nothing major, but there have been quite a few and I kinda feel that may be the reason for the trade. We are so far away from the dealer that it doesnt pay to have it taken back, its a blessing that hubby is able to do the repairs,,he doesnt however like the electronics end of things, so we just keep trying to eliminate the problems as we go..
Gotcha, I think when all the small things are repaired , and you finally get to camp and relax, you will love that trailer, it is a very nice model.

Any questions, dont hesitate to ask, the folks on this forum are very helpful, keep us updated and happy camping!!!

PS I bet your Husband loves to fix those things, cause after they are fixed by you, there is no better feeling.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #120

first, the jensen system is a different size. it is wider and shorter. i have good news the "new" concertone arrived today. finally! i put it in tonight and it works!!!!!!!!!! we were told that they have a different manufacture making the internal components. all the other units i got had been all repaired and you could tell. this unit is brand new and works good. at least right now. i will post if it changes. my dealer received 10 of these units today. everyone should demand a new "improved unit". i hope everyone else can get their units straightened out.
Closed Thread