Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #61

the way they tested the units before, they did not test the surround sound system. i think all they tested is that it powered up and functions worked. myself and my dealer called there and it looks like now they are fixing them properly. i hope. yes before lots of units shipped around because they tested and said they are good and they were crap. lets see if they stay working. i have 11 replacements on my file. if it quits working in the next few years i am going to scream. they better come good for it. i was told they would

Old 03-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #62

There is a lemon law to protect you on RV issues.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #63

i am not sure if canada has the same lemon law?? i would like to know. i don't want to geet rid of the trailer. we like it. and the unit is working correctly now.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #64

Ok.. Here`s my personal update on the stereo! Pulled my unit out and brought it down to the dealer.(they said I could do that) They said it would be a couple of weeks. They called me on Friday so i went down to pick it up. My stereo never left the dealership.(kinda knew that) What had come in was a couple of heavy duty noise filters. Mine did not have any in it. which I thought to be odd..considering its a 2008 and this has been an ongoing problem for the years prior..which leads me to believe that they were forgotten on the original build. Anyway, i installed the noise filters and turned on the stereo. 90 %of the annoying sound was gone. I located the wires for the audio output for the surround sound and disconnected them. Still heard the noise without any feeds going to it. So whats it gotta be?? The surround sound has a seperate amplifier right!!? I called the dealer and they didnt know if it had a seperate one. Hmm I cant find it.
So..givin that I can `tune` the remainder of the noise out..I guess i am going to live with it. I would hate to bring it any further and possibly get a worse off stereo!!!!! The whole camper is going back to the dealer in a few days anyway so they can tighten up the main awning. That puppy is saggin hard!!! Not cool!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #65

It is totally up to you, But I didnt live with it, they tried the same thing to me, (sending the noise suppresor) I never had a good unit , but one or our members skidoonut, like after 10+ unit finally got a good one, whatever your choice is is cool, I just dont like them acting as we should put up with an ok , not perfect, so go away product!!!

Sorry to hear about the sag, now that sounds like a really big problem, make sure they dont give you some duct tape to cure it LOL, Good luck!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #66

Dont get me wrong..they did not make me feel like its all done..go away! If i decide to pursue it any further i can. i just dont know if i want to go thru so much hassle and go thru 10+ stereos at a couple of weeks a clip without one! I just got the camper and want to use it with ALL of its features!! But anyway..ya the awening is a hudge problem.. i let it out the other day to dry out and whatnot.. it sagged even more after the sun hit it and it the door was `just` touching it.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #67

i kept the radio in my trailer untill the new one comes in. they don't need yours untill the new is there. then take yours out and swap it. don't settle on imperfection. they can fix it. they never asked me to put in a noise suppressor. i could make the unit make the noise in the show room by hooking it to a battery and one speaker. they cannot say it is from the invertor. that is why they told you to put in the suppressor. the unit is defective in the surround board. there is no separate amp. everything is in the head unit. i did not give up( got very tired) and i have a good unit. they can fix it.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #68

Hmm... didnt know they could get me a replacement without having mine there!! haha..theres new light!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoonut View Post
i kept the radio in my trailer untill the new one comes in. they don't need yours untill the new is there. then take yours out and swap it. don't settle on imperfection. they can fix it. they never asked me to put in a noise suppressor. i could make the unit make the noise in the show room by hooking it to a battery and one speaker. they cannot say it is from the invertor. that is why they told you to put in the suppressor. the unit is defective in the surround board. there is no separate amp. everything is in the head unit. i did not give up( got very tired) and i have a good unit. they can fix it.
yeah what he said, it is too much of a known problem and we just want you to be a happy camperguy!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmprguy View Post
Dont get me wrong..they did not make me feel like its all done..go away! If i decide to pursue it any further i can. i just dont know if i want to go thru so much hassle and go thru 10+ stereos at a couple of weeks a clip without one! I just got the camper and want to use it with ALL of its features!! But anyway..ya the awening is a hudge problem.. i let it out the other day to dry out and whatnot.. it sagged even more after the sun hit it and it the door was `just` touching it.
I agree with the others that you should request a unit that works properly. I replaced mine last week, and the difference in the channel A surround sound quality is significant between the old bad one and the new unit.

The ZX600 unit runs off of 12v DC, and a power line filter would be used to filter out any stray signals or voltage fluctuations. Sources of stray signals could be 60 cycle hum from your converterís AC to DC rectifier not producing pure DC, noise from your vehicle alternator if you are connected to your tow vehicle with the engine running, induced AC (alternating current) 60 cycle hum from a 120v AC wire running beside your 12v DC power wires, or radio type signals, such as from a cell phone or other electronic device. If you unplug the entire trailer and turn off any other devices in the immediate area and still have noise in your ZX600, then the problem is not in the input power, and filters will not fix it. Batteries produce pure DC with no noise, static or hum, so try it on battery power only.