Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #21

I would just install a small inverter to run the unit...the JS5010 is so inexpensive that you can by it and an inverter for a fraction of the price of most any other alternative.

My "Venturer" TV has a tuner but is a basic POC...no speakers...need to have the crappy Concertone on to hear the TV...ugh...other funny thing is that the TV is a 16:9 aspect ratio (HD format) but is NOT an HD receiver...guess they thought the "widescreen" look would be cool even if the pic is distorted. It will be

As for the digital TV conversion in 09, I produce TV commercials and work with a number of broadcast and cable outlets. Between HD (and it's many formats) and the digital conversion, there is a lot of hair-tearing going on with the TV stations. I wouldnt be surprised to see the FCC extend the deadline for conversion.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #22

No, not a 12V unit. However, you can get a 400 Watt inverter from Northern Tool right now for $29. That's the store price, online price is $10 more.

I'll be using a VCR as a tuner in my case. My buddy's setup has a TV that has a tuner. Mine is just a monitor, so I'll need a tuner.
https://www.2manytoyz.com/
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #23

Finally figured out that the noise issues in the surround speakers are being cause by a flaw in the Dolby 5.1 decoder circuit. Suggested this to Jeff Richardson @ FR and he said he would pass this along to his techs. My DVD drive died on our second outing, so the unit has many issues aside from the Dolby flaw. Hopefully someone can come up with a fix, but my guess is that all ZX600's will have the same noise problem until they find why the 5.1 decoder is so noisy.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgc29 View Post
Finally figured out that the noise issues in the surround speakers are being cause by a flaw in the Dolby 5.1 decoder circuit. Suggested this to Jeff Richardson @ FR and he said he would pass this along to his techs. My DVD drive died on our second outing, so the unit has many issues aside from the Dolby flaw. Hopefully someone can come up with a fix, but my guess is that all ZX600's will have the same noise problem until they find why the 5.1 decoder is so noisy.
I agree, only noise is when though dolby, my other speakers are fine, I am on my third
Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #25

just heard

new unit in its way. they have figured out the problem so they say. we will see when they get here. they have nine coming in for various customers.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #26

it is now a month later and still have not come in. wtf. i have been told they have been out of stock because of the high demand. see what happens after christmas. merry christmas
Old 12-22-2007, 04:06 PM   #27
Grape Escape

concertone problems and fixes

I could not get sat radio to power up and after 2 new base units I found that my unit had an additional transformer stepping down to 6 voltsdc installed from factory. Once I removed 6 volt suppy all was well. Only found out by taking apart friend's Rockwood.
Also fnd wiring wrong on speakers. Rears were wired to front and vice versa.
Replaced monitor 1x already.
Friend replaced his amp unit already
Trailer on other hand wonderful other than easy fixes. Hope all are handy that get any trailer from any manufacturer.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
Old 12-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #28

yes all my speakers were wired wrond when i got it. the installers do not even pay attension to polarity. you are right if i did not fix all the little problems myself the trailer would live at the dealer. forest river better step up with this radio issue. i am tired of waiting and hearing that maybe something wrong in the trailer.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #29

well i got one of the "new" radio's yesterday and it does not work properly. that is number 10. i am pissed off. my parents just purchased a new 08 terry resort and it has a jenson system. it works fine and has all the functions concertcrap has. might look into one of those and charge it back to rockwood.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #30

got a new unit last week and was told that the problem they had is fixed. i put it in and it works!!!!!!!! we will see for how long. hope the troubles are over.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #31

Hello all. I am a shop manager/RV mechanic at a dealership, and I have my national Certified Electronics Tech. Associate license. I just finished checking into a pre-delivery problem with an 08 Rockwood, same Concertone zx600 stereo. I have isolated and identified the problem to being an internal issue with the stereo reciever itself. We had the same problems: the A input, or living room speakers all sound like crap, lots of static when they work at all, the bedroom and external speakers are clear. (As clear as one can expect from a low-quality stereo of this nature) The wiring was wrong to the sub, and to the pre-outs for the tuner hookups. Problem after problem, mainly with the stereo itself though. So don't feel alienated my fine camping associates, the problem is real and you are not alone. I am writing out a detailed list of problems along with wiring diagrams that I have drawn up to show them the errancy of their ways, to the warranty claims department at Rockwood. I second the notion of the person above who believes they ought to 'farm' out their electronics. Obviously they have no business designing or producing them.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:34 PM   #32
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome aboard! We can use a guy with your credentials around here!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
Old 02-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #33

i too found mutlipul wiring issues with my trailer. the factory did not pay attension to speaker polarity or position. they had rear speaker outputs wired to front speakers and visa versa. the guys wiring the trailers needs his butt kicked. i too proved that the output to the living area speakers to be bad. i proved 12 units bad for my dealer. the new shipment he just received are all good now. they say they have found the error. it is in the surround sound board. i have totally disassembled two units to try and find the bad part but could not test capacitors at home. i had two friends that are electronics experts stop by and tell me that i sounds like bad "caps" but they did not have the equipment at home to test. forest river asked if i could isolate the trouble. i was not buying scopes to test their problem. the new unit i have now works great. lets see if it lasts.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:14 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoonut View Post
i am very interested in the jvc system you are talking about. does it work on 12volts? . i see it has most of the functions. does it have the surround sound and ability to control the "a" "b" and "c" channels??? could you post some information please. i could care less about the tuner because i bought my own lcd tv. i put in a 20" lg lcd. i has its own tuner and also picks up the new digital signals great. i could not believe the picture when i was camping near detroit mich in sept and picked up 40 digital channels. i cannot wait till 09 when all has to be broadcast in digital. i have been searching for a reasonable replacement but could no find anything that has the functions and works on 12volt.
Wouldn't one of those systems out of an expensive van or SUV work? They have the DVD player, XM Radio, stereo all in one system. And it is a 12 volt system. The only thing it might not have is a TV receiver, but some might even have that too.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #35

I brought home a new Flagstaff 831KRSS last week (manufactured 11/07), and already have the same issue with the Concertone ZX600, noise on the surround sound channel A, but the B bedroom and C outside speakers sound OK. I will be taking it back to the dealer next week and also watching this thread to see what others experience with theirs. I also plan to print out this thread and provide it to my dealer. I must comment that it is really disappointing to buy a new TT and immediately experience what is obviously a known problem with the entertainment system. Thanks for all of the posts about this issue
Old 02-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #36

i am friends with my dealer and i was talking to him last week. he has threatened rockwood that he will not even order any units this year if this trouble is not resolved. he is mad that all his customers are getting a dour taste from these radios. it is not the dealers fault and he is the one that takes the flack and looks bad on him. i stood behind him 100%.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #37

Makes me glad I got the CHEAP stereo!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #38

Please tell me my 2005 Grand Surveyor 5er will not have this issue. Anyhow guess I will be bringing Matrix or something with 5.1 with on delivery day.

-Tim
2005 Grand Surveyor 273RL
Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #39

This is now starting to get interesting. I called the dealer today where I bought my Flagstaff last week and spoke to the service manager. I explained the issue with the Concertone ZX600 surround sound squelling and hissing and that it appears from my research to be a common problem. I asked if I could simply pull the unit out and bring it to them for a replacement. He checked with their warranty person and then said no, that I needed to bring the whole TT to them, they would need to verify themselves that the Concertone was actually bad first, then order one. I would need to leave my TT there for at least a week and wait for the new system. They said that they had to check the unit out first themselves because if they sent it to Forest River and it was not bad they would have to pay for it. To quote them " we have been burned before and cannot let you do the replacement." I explained that I had 20 years of electronics experience in the USAF and a degree in electronics and knew how to troubleshoot and replace a stereo. They were polite, but still refused to get me a new one unless I pull my trailer 30 miles to their shop and leave it there. I then tried to call Forest River and was directed to the voice mail for someone in the warranty area named Steve. I am waiting for his call back.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #40

you need to email Jeff Richardson at the Rockwood/Flagstaff , he is the warranty Guru. My dealer has never been like yours, that seems to be very unproffesional in my opinion, esp knowing the history of these units!!!! I believe he is in charge for Rockwood, I think also Flagstaff, anyway here is his email hope this helps

jrichardson@forestriverinc.com
Closed Thread