Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #1

Question Concertone

Ok, the dealer put a new unit in the rig because the old one alarmed and the alarm couldn't be turned off unless you pulled the power. The old one played surround sound fine when watching movies but this one will only play from the rear speakers. At least it doesn't alarm at the same time every day now :-). The radio will work with all the speakers but not when playing movies. Nothing I've tried will work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I checked the wiring and all looks correct. If there's no solution for this I guess I'll look for a replacement dvd/radio unit as some others have apparently done when they've given up on the Concertones. It's a ZX75
Travel Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

First off to FRF. I haven't heard any good thing from the other memebers about the Concertone. They have some other names for it that seem to fit better but I won't go there. If it is no longer a warrantied product I would suggest the Jensen Player. Look around the forum there are plenty of threads about Concertone including what some have done to replace it. Good luck with your search.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #3

They have their very own website now, www.concertone.com, where you can buy a new unit- if desired, or you can contact them to discuss the problem. From what I've heard of the ZX 75, a LOT of folks have problems with that alarm going off on a daily basis, with no way to stop it. I have the ZX 600,(no alarm, AM/FM/CD-DVD surround sound w/sub) I've replaced it once, and it's been good ever since. Good luck, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal