Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #41

I see all these different posts about the concertone...what is themain gripe here? I have one in my 2008 2701ss...should I be concerned about something or look out for something? Wehen we camp, we leave it on for the dogs to drown outside noise, so they dont bark...please fill me in...I do know it has no bass what so ever...
thanks
Prodigy Brake Control
Reese 800lb Weight Dist Bars
Dual Cam Sway Control
2008 Rockwood 2701ss
Mansfield, MA
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepi View Post
.what is the main gripe here? ...I do know it has no bass what so ever...
Well it should have some bass because you most likely have a bass
boost speaker somewhere.
Did you try turning up the bass???
You hit one of the concertone buttons ( I forget which one) and
it says treble or bass and then you hit up or down button
to adjust.

Gripes are as varied as the members here.... everything.
My first one hummed loudly only in surround sound mode when
watching a DVD. It also was too loud even on volume level 1.
My replacement hisses all the time.
Radio, CD, DVD it doesn't matter-- it hisses. And I don't think this one
has much bass either.
I'm calling them again today but it's 200 miles to the dealer so I have
to remove it, take it to the UPS store and send it back at my expence.
Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #43
07 flagstaff

my first 1 lastted a week the dvd /cd player died.the dealer replaced it after a 200 mile round trip then another 200 to pick it up it lastted 2 weekend trips.the same thing again dvd cd player went out.this time i pulled it out my self on a sunday mailled it on monday got it back on thursday went back to camp ground on friday put it in,it workrd for 2 days took it back out same thing dvd/cd player.all of theme were very noisey at low volume,the sound button witch is the bass and trebble and balance only works once in a while.now the speaker buttons for b and c dont work butt im wooried about changing it again because the dvd player still works its the lesser of 2 evils other then that the concertone has been a great system !!!!!!!!!!!!!! not!!!!!!!!!
trek7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #44

I really do feel your pain and anger!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #45

i have a zx500 and just bought trailer. the red power light is lite but nothing happens when you hit power at all.
i pulled it out and looked at the fuse and pulled out. the red light on power goes out. put back in and pulled the main fuse in the main fuse box and the same. Any ideas or do i have a POS like the others on the thread? Is their a replacement that anyone has heard of that will fit space and hook up the same? HELP this sucks!!
mca928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #46
2007 Flagstaff 5th Wheel

Zx500 - dead!

Same issue, red LED is lit but will not turn on unit when pressed. Removed fuse for the 3 min as suggested by Concertone support rep...no joy! Support Rep states if the fuse reset does not work there is an internal fault...these guys are brilliant. I think I have a better chance of fixing it myself since I work in the electronic field. Up to this point the ZX500 worked as advertized, overall I was pleased with its performance.

Cheers

2007 Flagstaff 5th Wheel
2005 GMC Sierra
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #47

Thumbs up

Marvin

We are on our 3rd Concertone now. We had the ZX500 now they put in the ZX600 model.. well it worked okay at dealer.. got home.. nothing.. the power light button was lit up red as you stated.. read your post.. good thing dealer was closed today.. observance of the 4th of July.. because I was ready to be a 'little' upset with them because we are taking it out next week.. My husband had already taken fuse out and put back in and checked connections....etc. me being an auto machanic's daugther, I couldn't rest until I got my fingers on it.. I unplugged 5th wheel from power outlet.. removed fuse, waited 2 or 3 mins.. then replaced fuse.. Wahhlaaaa it works.. I looked up toward Heaven and said " I am my father's daughter..thank you dad".

Glad the dealer was closed today...it worked out that we didn't waste time, energy and my little 'attitude' to get this taken care of..

Thanks MCA928 for asking the question and to Marvin for giving us the advice.. It's 2010 and they are still installing ZX600 models..geez..

JOY
joy4lly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #48

The Concertone units are just a place holder for a better system. Forest River made a hole in the cabinet and they had to fill it with something.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #49

My Concertone ZX600 on my Flagstaff will not pick up FM sations any more and I have these 3 funky "icons" (2 on the left side and 1 bottom right) that I have never seen before any one have any ideas??
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:36 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
My Concertone ZX600 on my Flagstaff will not pick up FM sations any more and I have these 3 funky "icons" (2 on the left side and 1 bottom right) that I have never seen before any one have any ideas??
My ZX50 did the same thing for awhile. I could not get ANY FM stations. However, I changed Modes a few times and was able to get FM stations again. Weird! Now it has quit playing CD's...
cbenslay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #51

We also have the red button on and no functions. Have redone the wireing over a dozen times, have to take the whole wall section off to do so.
We bought our V-Light used so have no warrenty.
Any newer suggestions for replacement models?
Ours is installed in the same cabinet that the Heater is which doesn't make sense as heat + electronics is very bad.
In addition FM doesn't work, sub woofer was not even hooked up & when you listen to a movie through surround sound the speaking parts are on the back bedroom speakers and background noise on the LR ones, that is...when it actually works.
Don't even get me started on the actual trailer and the bass-akwards way it was built!
marblemaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marblemaam View Post
big snip....
surround sound the speaking parts are on the back bedroom speakers and background noise on the LR ones, that is...when it actually works.
Don't even get me started on the actual trailer and the bass-akwards way it was built!
Wow!!
I hope you got a REAL good price on it!!
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #53
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Hello marblemaan

Clearly you should not need to rewire something over a dozen times so unless there is something going on to cause the wiring to to go bad I don't understand. Although, based on your description on where the sound is communing out of what speakers, you still have some work to do...

You don't mention the model number of your radio, but if it is a Concertone you generally need to take off a trim ring (if the radio is tall and rectangular) or trim sides (if shorter and square). This will expose screws on each side that once removed allow the unit to slide out of the wall. You should not need to remove an entire wall panel to access the wiring.

If you don't know the model number, please visit our product gallery and see if you can identify it: Concertone® Product Gallery

Best regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by marblemaam View Post
We also have the red button on and no functions. Have redone the wireing over a dozen times, have to take the whole wall section off to do so.
We bought our V-Light used so have no warrenty.
Any newer suggestions for replacement models?
Ours is installed in the same cabinet that the Heater is which doesn't make sense as heat + electronics is very bad.
In addition FM doesn't work, sub woofer was not even hooked up & when you listen to a movie through surround sound the speaking parts are on the back bedroom speakers and background noise on the LR ones, that is...when it actually works.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote