Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Bob,

Despite the issues many have with the Concertone systems (I do not have one) I am encouraged that the company realizes the huge resource the internet is in gaining feedback from their customers and using that information to improve their products. Foolish is the company that doesn't have a person on their staff dedicated to coming to forums like this and answering questions and collecting data and information to make their product or service better.

I only wished that someone from Forest River was here listening to the complaints and taking a look at the mods some of here do to fix what is short sided engineering at the factory (ie the installation of my bedroom tv for one example).

Thanks for your help and support to our group.
Jeeper: I agree with you. FR could learn a lot from this forum if they would participate the way Concertone seems to be doing now. Very good points.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
MrT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
I have heard that Warren Buffet still thinks the internet is a fad that will go away. I don't know how true that is, but you can tell from the websites that there may be a grain of truth in it.
Any relation to Jimmy Buffet?

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012-2017
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
Grape Escape

Let me get this right. I have had 2 Forest River products and a friend has one and all 3 Concertones have been junk. Some odds.
Of the million out there I would bet 990,000 have been junked.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Let me get this right. I have had 2 Forest River products and a friend has one and all 3 Concertones have been junk. Some odds.
Of the million out there I would bet 990,000 have been junked.
That may be your experience, but I bought a rig with a Concertone (2010 Flagstaff) early this year. I have no previous experience with Concertone and my TT doesn't move around much, but so far I have had no problems (knock on wood). I've used the unit for DVD w/SS, playing CDs, and listening to the radio with no real problems.

I did find the radio reception poor, but that was true in my old rig too because during the summer I'm parked deep in a "holler" far back in the mountains. I could only get two static-filled FM stations. Even my truck radio only gets 3-4 somewhat clearly. So I added a powered booster from Winegard to the FM input on the Concertone along with some line filters and now I get the same reception that my truck radio gets.

Now the Concertone is never going to measure up to the expensive Sony-based system I have at home, but I never really expected it to.

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
Grape Escape

You would have a 2010 version. The Concertone previous models are the faulty ones. Guessing anything before 2009 just fills the cabinet opening.
The concept was good if it were realiable.
PS I did offer to buy the newest version but only if Concertone would warrantee it for 5 yrs but they declined.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
The Old Man

Quote:
You would have a 2010 version. The Concertone previous models are the faulty ones. Guessing anything before 2009 just fills the cabinet opening.
Thanks for that info. I guess I'm fortunate. Wasn't trying to second guess what others have experienced. I hope it continues to work properly.

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
The concept was good if it were realiable.
PS I did offer to buy the newest version but only if Concertone would warrantee it for 5 yrs but they declined.
I have made more than a few posts on this Forum stating that I am NOT naive enough to believe that there were no issues, BUT I also believe at looking at all the facts (which back up what I said).

I also said, I understand that the pain and aggravations caused are real for the folks that experienced them and for that I and Concertone are sorry. In fact, Concertone is so concerned with running the best business they can they hired me! I am grateful for and excited about the opportunity for the reasons I had stated previously.

I agree with you that feature for feature (and even dollar for dollar) the Concertone Units offer a ton of value - IF THEY WORK! Which at least a few folks having working units and are happy with them! In FACT, from a statistical point of view very few products have failed, but again I understand that for those that had issues it was thoroughly inconvenient!

That said, are you really surprised Concertone would not offer you a 5 year warranty???

Would another solution have been acceptable?
How about a Repair Service?
How about a Service Plan?
How about an upgrade program?
How about Technical Support?
What other suggestions might you all have for me???

Thanks
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #18
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Bob, welcome to the forum. About all I can say is good luck. ....
Thanks and I know you will be watching me!

I am planning to start a thread or two here so folks can provide us input. I hope that is OK.

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote