Old 07-05-2010, 12:30 AM   #11
Wanna Be Camper

Works flawless. Played a few movies and have used the radio quite abit. I thought I had a high pitched whistle coming from it but it turns out that whistle is coming from the Carbon Monoxide/propane detector.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #12

Have had a 2011 Flagstaff 26RLS since the middle of June. Cencertone still working. Just waiting for it to fail after warranty runs out and I will do some modifications for a rocking system.

TheSasks: the only real failure I have experienced so far is the Carbon Monoxide Detector. 2 Beeps/ Flashes every 30 seconds. This indicates that the detector is to be replaced. The replace date on mine is MARCH/2017. Notified the manufacturer and shipped off. They say they will replace. That is one piece of equipment that is a must and I must trust! Good luck.

Kirk, KN1B
2011 Flagstaff 26RLS
2000 GMC Sierra

Old 07-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #13

Our Flagstaff is a 2011 model (built in March 2010, go figure). Has a Concertone ZX700 system in it. So far all the functions are working. They're trying to do a whole lot of different things in one unit which is likely part of the reason there are problems with it.

From some research I've done on this and other sites, many problems seem to result (aside from the many simply "dead" posts), from sloppy wiring work during installation and from the system unit running too hot.

Those problems can be laid on the factory, there should be no excuse for twisting wires together and securing with electricians tape as has been reported. If your unit is making noise, that may be the reason.
My unit is installed into a completely enclosed, corner entertainment centre. I watched a movie the other night, spent some extra time with the special features and watched some scenes again. When I took the disk out after about 2.5 hours, it was real toasty warm. Soon as I can, I'm going to put some venting into that cabinet and I may even attempt to put in a cooling fan.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab, Vortec Max
Prodigy, Reece DC

GAL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #14

My 06 2701SS had a similar problem, so I pulled the fuse to the radio, waited about a minute, plugged it back in and it has worked fine since. Also had the "one side crapped out" problem once though...turned it off and back on and it is now fine.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #15

So far my concertone in my new Flagstaff 5th works great, but after reading all the post Im getting nervous!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #16

concertone update

RV Wholesalers did an awesome job of getting us another entertainment system. I installed it yesterday and it worked fine,so the clouds have just passed and I see nothing but clear skies in the future. Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #17
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAL119 View Post
Our Flagstaff is a 2011 model (built in March 2010, go figure). Has a Concertone ZX700 system in it. So far all the functions are working. They're trying to do a whole lot of different things in one unit which is likely part of the reason there are problems with it.

From some research I've done on this and other sites, many problems seem to result (aside from the many simply "dead" posts), from sloppy wiring work during installation and from the system unit running too hot.

Those problems can be laid on the factory, there should be no excuse for twisting wires together and securing with electricians tape as has been reported. If your unit is making noise, that may be the reason.
My unit is installed into a completely enclosed, corner entertainment centre. I watched a movie the other night, spent some extra time with the special features and watched some scenes again. When I took the disk out after about 2.5 hours, it was real toasty warm. Soon as I can, I'm going to put some venting into that cabinet and I may even attempt to put in a cooling fan.
Thanks for your post! You have nailed a couple of important issues here that often get overlooked.

Feature for feature, Concertone units are indeed delivering a ton of value - as long as it works (yes, I know). ;-)

Installation is especially important for safe, reliable operation and best performance.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #18
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohlingerrv View Post
So far my concertone in my new Flagstaff 5th works great, but after reading all the post Im getting nervous!
Relax and enjoy!
(781) 281-9440
Old 07-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
I would try one last thing, disconnect the negative battery lead on your battery and wait 5 min rehook and see what happens. ...
Does that bypass the converter if plugged in? If not, unplug shore power.

(781) 281-9440