Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #1

Concertone exchange program

Just had to vent, installed my new ZX690 thru Concertones bold new program and was totally pleased for about 3hrs. I then began to notice the volume LED blinking and fading in and out. Not the volume itself just the lite. It has gone out completely after a couple of hours. The begining of my problems with the original unit was the buttons not working. Hope this isnt a sign of things to come. Have contacted Bob Fields and Concertone tech support. Wil keep you advised. THANKS I FEEL BETTER ALREADY.
floridamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #2

Just replaced my original ZX700 with a new one under warranty. All the audio/video stuff works fine but the #2 button and the B button are intermittent. One day they'll get it right.
wooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #3

Concertones reply

Just received notification that Concertone is sending out a replacement unit immediatly, with pre-paid shipping to return the defective one. And maybe not a moment to soon. Since yesterday the #8 LED is now off. I truly do appreciate there effort. Will keep you all informed.
floridamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #4

Seeing as I am on my 3rd unit in 6 months and this one is actually working well (except for the light) I may just hang on to it. It's located in a cupboard with a remote receiver so I never see the beast anyway

Wooly
Old 01-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly View Post
Just replaced my original ZX700 with a new one under warranty. All the audio/video stuff works fine but the #2 button and the B button are intermittent. One day they'll get it right.
wooly,
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of audio/video problems did your zx700 have? The reason I ask is that my first zx700 had issues with the video slowly lagging behind the audio (unsynching) and the video jumping on the tv screen. Thanks
wfkssvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #6

Actually there were no video problems other than the DVD/CD player would not work, the problem was the audio. The 3 living room "front" speakers, Left Centre and Right would pulse in volume, i.e. one second loud one second soft. This unit was fixed / replaced by the dealer.

The second problem was a loud humming coming from one speaker, I suspect the amplifier board as the noise could not be controlled by the volume control. A replacement unit was mailed to me under warranty and I installed it myself.

Apart from the light issues, all is good with this unit.

Wooly
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
While I am traveling I purposely stayed out of the resolution to this report watching to see the Concertone Team's response to your issue. And while I am sorry your issue happened on a Friday evening, I am happy the replacement and communication took place in a timely manner yesterday.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote