Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #1

Concertone/Genisis support

After numerous calls to Mr Fields and Forest River I either get put on hold or talk to a gracious answering machine and to this date have head nothing to remedy my problem. Someone is making tons of money selling this one resource product that is a poor piece of cheap equipment. Kenwood, Jenson, Sony, would not even try to put a product like this out but these people get by. I am first to praise customer service being in the service industry, still waiting. What else do I have to do?
brobrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #2

Concertone/Genisis support

Not sure what I should expect but as a Master Certified RV Technician having problems with a 2011 out of warranty unit, I have had nothing but problems from my concertone unit. After no help after numerous phone calls to Concertone and FR , and their local dealership, This ZX 690 is useless and has always had problems. Bought in late winter and never worried about the tv, very busy in the summer then got a chance to detect it did not work. Went through hours of reading on what to do. Did all of the things suggested but still defective. Forums are very helpful. No help from anyone, I was offered a new ZX 800/Genisis 3.0 for $700.00 from the dealership. I even offered to send this one back for repair.Since I bought it out of state the local dealer is help full but makes no discount since I didn't buy it (RV) there. Looking again for help from FR or Bob Fields , congrats Bob on your Hall of Fame. appreciate any help!!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

KB,

You are relatively new to the forum and this is the first I have heard you are having a problem. Bob usually handles Concertone issues but he is a visitor here just like you.

We do not work for or have an relationship with Concertone or FR for that matter; other than we use their stuff.

Maybe you could give us a chance at your problem. Believe me we have seen most things that can go wrong with them. Not sure what model you have. Please fill us in and maybe you will get the answer you need.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Ah, I found your first post. Today at 8:52 AM

Flame Post at 9:27 this morning.

"Forums are very helpful. No help from anyone, I was offered a new ZX 800/Genisis 3.0 for $700.00 from the dealership"

Not sure how to take that...

"congrats Bob on your Hall of Fame"

I am sure Bob knew how to take that ...

Well, We still want to help you.
What exactly is wrong with your unit?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #5

zx690

Cd wont eject, no sound or video, radio locks in stations but no output. Can sometimes get audio out for a while after power reset. Have read every post on here several times about how to troubleshoot and have had unit out to inspect wires and antenna. No luck with it. Believe the unit needs replaced IMHO. Not exited about spending that much for a new one but that's my choice to keep the family happy.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Try removing it from the enclosure and doing a power reset.
Some times the case can get twisted if not evenly torqued when installed; shorting the board out.

Recheck all connections in the rear.

These units have been very reliable (unlike some of the older ones).
If indeed it is bad, there are threads here where members have replaced the OEM units with radios from other manufacturers.

Search Jensen among others.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobrash
Cd wont eject, no sound or video, radio locks in stations but no output. Can sometimes get audio out for a while after power reset. Have read every post on here several times about how to troubleshoot and have had unit out to inspect wires and antenna. No luck with it. Believe the unit needs replaced IMHO. Not exited about spending that much for a new one but that's my choice to keep the family happy.
My first Genisis 2 had something similar. It would "lock up" and the only way to get it to work was to pull the fuse and reset. It was deemed defective at the dealers and replaced.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Right about now I am remembering what what my grandmother taught me...

I can only apologize for not being available when I am speaking to other people as we spend most of my day on the phone. Its the nature of our business.

The good news is we help many people everyday with troubleshooting, recommendations for upgrades and new purchases. We also help the influx of folks buying used RV's this time of year that don't know how to use their system (let alone what the model number is). Sometimes these calls can take over 30 minutes each walking them through how their systems work.

We are officially in the busy season (which seems to have come even earlier this year with the warm weather). Folks are buying new and used RV's, opening their stored units after the winter and generally getting excited about the season ahead. That is great, but causes some back ups on the phone systems.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
All lines are open and available with all messages returned...
:-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
All lines are open and available with all messages returned...
:-)
I just called and guess who picked up?

Bob Fields himself!

He ran through some issues that could be occurring with my GT2 which I'll check out tonight when I get home.

I just thought it was neat that Bob answered the phone.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #11

Bought a new one.

Well another rainy spring and the family likes to go camping but not in the rain. To keep them entertained while its raining I bought a new one for over $700. Ouch! I like to fish rain or shine and they like to camp with me so got a new one so I could go fishing. They are happy but that hurt the wallet.
When I initially contacted concertone via email as" brobrash", they can look it up, the point was made that I have already read every thread on troubleshooting this unit and have tried it. I did get a reply from concertone on what to do next troubleshooting and I relayed the fact again that it was still not working and I had already tried what was suggested. As a RV tech I must be proficient at troubleshooting, repairs are the easy part. My only hope is that this unit will last. With my technical experience I look forward to helping others who may have other issues. Forgive me for venting in the earlier threads, but that's how it is when you have hit a dead end. I KNOW its out of warranty, just expected more.