Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #11
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Sound is subjective and one person's like is another's dislike.

One things folks can do with either the ZX75 or the GT2 is to add a sub woofer. Our systems are the ONLY ones with a built in sub woofer amplifier. Yes, you could add an external amp to the competition (or ours as well) but no one else offers a built in amp. This should be used with our sub woofer which was specifically designed to work with it.
You can find here: Concertone® SW-Box4 Subwoofer
or here: Concertone SW-BOX4 Ported subwoofer enclosure with 8" sub for RVs at Crutchfield.com

Also and effective with current version GT2's now available, we are now the highest power radio in this class so the issue described by tmilicia should no longer be an issue. Certainly not as compared to ANY 12Volt system currently available.

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #12

Bob, first I would like to thank you for your time and suggestions, but I may not have exactly described the sound we are now getting. The sound we are getting is 95% WORSE than it was prior to the system going out. There is a definite problem with it, and no matter what somebody's subjective tastes for sound are, believe me, ours is not one that anybody would choose to prefer. A need for a sub-woofer is definitely not what the problem is. While I do appreciate your assistance in trying to get our unit working, I can't see having to put more money into a product that should not have stopped in the first place. If we have to spend more money, we will most likely switch to the Jensen line. The rest of our TT has been a gem and everything (thankfully) works up to its expectations. Once again, thanks for trying to help.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
Owner - RVtronics

Kaz1, I apologize, I should have been more clear as I was addressing tmilicia comments about his zx75 in the post you are referring to.

Please see how my next comment starts with "One things folks can do with either the ZX75 or the GT2..."
(781) 281-9440
Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #14
Owner - RVtronics

Gee whiz Kaz1, I also noticed I had already addressed your replacement question in another thread as well (as you had posted in both the same issue). So my bad, and I apologize again for not being more clear, but I would have also thought then that my response above clearly would not have been directed at you. Sometimes I try to "get in and get out" on the Forum here to make sure I am staying in touch and my haste is what got me in trouble.

I am reposting my "other" response below...

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you pulled the fuse for one minute and it did not resolve your issues, then unfortunately it looks like you will need to replace the unit.

Considerations when changing from a ZX700 to any competitor:
1. You will no longer have 5.1 Surround Sound
2. This means your center channel speaker will no longer work
3. You will need to add an external amplifier to continue using your sub woofer as no competitors have a built in sub woofer amplifier.
4. You will need to modify the mounting hole.
These are but a few considerations.

I realize others have modified their TT's and the funny part is it goes both ways. We have plenty of folks converting to our systems from others as well.

Depending on your objectives when faced with the replacement question it usually comes down to price and ease. If you want to change brands, it will typically cost more in time and money especially to keep the same feature set. Our refreshed ZX800 deals will cost you less in the long run, will add Bluetooth and HDMI cable connectivity for a better picture as well as digital audio inputs allowing for Surround sound ability from TV broadcast signals. Refreshed units look and feel brand new and come with the same one year warranty.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
(781) 281-9440
Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #15

Bob, I made the same mistake as you, I popped in and out of this site and did not originally note the post by "tmilicia", so I hadn't realized that your response was to him, so my mistake too!

I did check out the "refreshed" units on the Concertone site. I had two questions. First, would the ZX85 be able to replace the ZX700 (using an adapter. I know the size of the unit is smaller) or is it only the ZX800 that can easily replace the ZX700. Secondly, you mentioned on your response that the refreshed units come with the 1-year warranty, but the site states the refreshed units get 6-months. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
Owner - RVtronics

Thanks for responding as you did!

The ZX85 is not a direct replacement for your unit. It is more of the same considerations you would have if you went with another competitor as described above.

Also to go from a ZX700 to a ZX800, you do not need the adapter. That is for folks going from a 500 or a 600.

The warranty is a year - I need to get that updated.

Thanks!
(781) 281-9440
Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #17

i still have no idea why FR places these in our campers .. well I do ... they must get them for 40 bucks a pop from the source. That being said .. just replace it with an aftermarket. Seriously sounds like whatever amp/preamp system they have in that thing is toasted ...
Mine as been replaced once already ... so i really dont see the benefits of FR installing, most of the cost savings is taken back by warrentee service.

d-mo