Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #1

Concertone MP4/USB

First time poster, so please be gentle... For what it's worth, I've searched the forums and read through pages and pages about the Concertone, and I still have a question.

As it stands - ours (Concertone ZX75) is working fine, but the only problem I have is playing MP4 files. The manual (which totally sucks by the way), says that when you plug in a USB device - that it will recognize it and enter the USB menu... That's about it.

My wife and I have ripped every DVD we own to MP4, store them on our server at home, and stream them through the XBox 360. We copied all the movies over to a hard drive, with the hopes we could have them available in our RV. No joy.

Trying to do research, I can't figure out if it's a size limitation (is there a size of drive limitation on the USB port?), a file system limitation (the hard drive I used is NTFS, should it be FAT32?), or a directory structure limitation (every MP4 file was in its own folder, should they be in root)?

HARDLY a computer illiterate here - BS in Computer Science and experience with Windows (from 3.1 all the way to 7), Linux, UNIX, and Mac. If I knew the capabilities/limitations of the Concertone unit, I could solve it myself - but as it stands, I haven't yet. Has anyone done what I want to do?
phrogpilot73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
on the ZX75 the USB Connection will work with USB Drives 2Gig or less.

Newer model radios work up to 8Gig.

What are you connecting?
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
on the ZX75 the USB Connection will work with USB Drives 2Gig or less.

Newer model radios work up to 8Gig.

What are you connecting?
That pretty much answers my question. We were trying to connect a 250gig hard drive... The idea being we could have a hard drive with all our movies available in the RV. Guess we'll have to plug in directly to the TV via HDMI, since one MP4 movie is almost 1 Gig.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #4

not sure if the zx700 is different, but I've used an 8 gig with no issues....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #5

An 8GB drive is to small and you can only get maybe 2 movies on it. What I use is a Boxee Box that I have my hard drive plugged into with a HDMI directly to the TV and the audio goes to my Concertone. This set up works good for my music on the hard drive as well.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops1 View Post
What I use is a Boxee Box that I have my hard drive plugged into with a HDMI directly to the TV and the audio goes to my Concertone.
Thanks for the suggestion... Just got my Boxee Box that I bought on eBay... Now I want one for the house too
Old 12-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #7

I move mine from the house to the trailer and back. The next challenge for me is to figure out how to tether my iPhone's 6GB of data to the Boxee so it's connected to the internet when in the trailer.