Old 08-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
concertone - need to install converter box

Does anyone know how to install a converter box on one of these sytems? We recently purchased a 2006 5th wheel and cannot figure out how this can be done since we do not know which one of these wires in back of the system actually is the antenna wire. (We don't actually have a tv - it is a LCD monitor attached to the concertone system.)

coulditbeanangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
I hope you get the answer I am in the same situation. (ZX500 system)

__________________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
i have a cable output and video input at bottom of cabinet. i hoping to put cable to output and video to inlet from convertor. haven,t tried yet but hope it works. you can try if you have extra inputs.
kcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #4

Thanks for trying to help. I guess I'm just confused, because I thought you had to connect something to your antenna.
coulditbeanangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
I have bought new a 2007 Flagstaff 30' TT. It has the Concertone "entertainment" system corner unit.
ZX500 with LCD TV. It also has a Wingard antenna booster with a separate Satellite jack, and separate RCA input 1 and input 2 wall jack for video games that my son uses all the time! (coax plug-in type, red, white, yellow). Last is a satellite radio, I don’t use it
1st, off my two cents: This took quite awhile to figure out due to the mess of wires that spew out the back of this system. I’ve never seen such an unprofessional wiring job. I’ve been in the electronic/electrical field since 1980. Near all of it in the Industrial automation sector so, I’ve seen some things out there. This wouldn’t come close to meeting any NEC codes. There’s no wire supports, everything is just hanging. And as with the most of you, my first ZX500 died the very first trip we went on. I called my dealer and we worked out a deal where he sent me a new one and I wired it up and reworked the spaghetti factory. I’ve seen others refer to it as a ConcertCrap….I sadly have to agree. When this one fails, notice I said when not if, I will replace it with a Jensen, see Web site:
Ok, now the meat & potatoes:
My best guess is the roof antenna coax cable (Mine is orange) plugs into the Wingard booster. Out of the booster, there are two coax cables one (mine is grey) goes to a splitter and the other (mine is black) back out through the wall that I assume goes to the bedroom…..I’ll have to verify but I’m pretty sure it does.
I disconnected the grey coax from the booster and connected it to my Digital converter OUT. I then took the coax that came with my converter and connected it to the booster (where the grey was connecter) and the other end to my converter in. The converter is set to channel 3
Next, I switched the ZX500 to TV channel 3 and the LCD TV to AV ( this was done by pushing the AUTO button until AV appeared on the top right of the screen. I then pushed the button on the Wingard booster, if you don’t you might not get any channel signals to pick up. Last, was to turn on the converter and press the menu button on the remote and Tada! There it was. Now, I need to make some modifications to make it look good. I’ll probably add another outlet that I can turn off/on.
By connecting the converter before the splitter, I was able to get signals to everything, including the surround sound speakers. Splitters do weaken in coming signals but it still looks pretty good. But hey, we’re all out to camp, relax, and enjoy meeting fellow campers, not sit in the camper and watch TV, we can do that at home. Hope this helps!
dwade1060 is offline   Reply With Quote