Old 02-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Concertone - no DVD or CD reading

I have a Wolfpack Toy Hauler that I bought brand new two years ago. A few months after I owned the RV, the Concertone stereo quit reading DVDs and CDs. Well, instead of dragging the thing back to the dealer just to have that worked on I took the easy way out. I just connected an extra DVD player that I already had to he auxiallary connection and I was back in business. I figured I'd wait and have the DVD issue worked on whenever I went back to the dealer for something else and kill two birds with one stone. Last weekend the stereo quit working -- as in no power. I checked and it was a fuse. When I put in the new fuse it tripped immediately. So, I've got a short. Today with volt meter in hand I started the trouble shooting. After about 45 minutes and taking the unit apart, it looked like the monitor was the culprit. I put in a new fuse with the power for the monitor disconnected and the stereo powered up just fine. As soon as I touched the power for the monitor, smoke came out of the unit. Ah Ha! I figured I would have to order a new monitor, but when I took it apart, it was quite evident that a diode on the power circuit board had shorted out. I replaced the diode and and now we're back in business. Excluding time this was about a 59 cent fix. This still doesn't take care of the original problem. of the DVD reader. I figure the laser reader is messed up. What a pain! It's the little things like this that absolutely drive me crazy and leave a very bad taste in my mouth. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Anybody have these problems?

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Site Team
If you search for concertone you will find hundreds of un-happy owners.
They are crap IMO.
Some get lucky and they work fine but concertone complaints top the list
and may equal all other complaints combined.
Glad you got your monitor working.
I replaced my concertone 3 times.
If this one gets any worse I will replace it with an automotive type
CD/DVD/AM/FM tuner- probably by Kenwood or another upper end name brand.
Our trailer did not come with monitor so we already have a decent LCD TV that is
digital ready.

Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
Still very disappointed in this system

Thanks Dan for your reply. I am still extremely disappointed in this Concertone system and would never recommend it or their products to anyone. I know I will have to replace it eventually -- probably soon. There is better stuff out there.

Happy Travels

Don Cook
Katy, Texas
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
Glad you got the monitor fixed cheaply! I had a water heater stop working on me years ago. I took the board out and found a resistor bad. $1.23 later it was fixed. and I was all ready to replace the entire board for $150!!!

BTW. my Concertone went out the day I brought it home from the dealer. they sent me a new one which wasn`t any better than the original. I took it back the next spring to have it replaced again. that one lasted almost a full year. I now have a JVC head unit for a car in it`s place. it sounds so much better than the Concertone!
02 Ford Excursion V-10 4.30 gears 5 Star Tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar Rear Airbags
Prodigy and Dual Cam
07 Cherokee 32B
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote