Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #1

Concertone noise

We have a constant buzzing sound when using our Z700, any suggestions?? Is there a way to bypass the concertone and just use the sound on the TV any help would be appreciated.
maconandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #2

The TV has speakers, right? So simply leave the Concertone junk turned off and turn the sound up on the TV. The sound is probably caused by dirty DC power. You can add a filter that might help. Or replaced the Concertone with a quality car stereo from places like Crutchfield, or any high end car stereo store.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Villa Estate 392FLFB

Check your battery connections! when i took the hitch off my trailer and had to move the battery and the propane tanks i noticed one of the wing nuts for the power was loose. I had a humm and a buzz before if i had any lights on. now with the nuts tightened there is no hum and no buzz!

and yes the trailer is plugged in all the time
Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The best suggestion is to replace it with a quality unit; seriously. Ours hissed constantly . . .
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 AM   #5

I take it you are using the concertone as the tv tuner also. You will have to pull the concertone out and remove the tv cable from the back. When I did it I beleive I then had to add a spliter, can not remember why however. While you are back there make sure all of you tv cable connections are wrench tight.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
First of all, has you unit been working fine and now this a NEW problem that you are experiencing or has this done this all along? Did something else change in your RV as suggested above?

Once these basic questions are answered there are many more PROPER troubleshooting questions and tips to check BEFORE replacing.

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bob
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #7

Hi Bob,
Judging from all of the complaints concerning Concertone products, I am surprised and glad that you have stepped up to the plate. While I still have an original 2005 unit it is not without it's problems too. Seriously these things have major problems that are not found in quality car stereo equipment except maybe the extreme bottom end junk from China. Has anything changed in the design or manufacturer of these units in the last five years to want anyone to actually spend the money for a replacement?
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
Grape Escape

Well Bob,
I am still awaiting your reply from November. I know you have been busy moving and settling in your new job but?
Thanks
Len
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #9

i feel bad for everyone but i have a 2000 cherrokee 30f it has a concertone sterio in it and i love it we have had no problems with it and have listened to it fo hundreds of hrs using the am/fm/cd player i guess we are just lucky by the way we are at a perminant site so no bouncing on the roads
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Hi Bob,
Judging from all of the complaints concerning Concertone products, I am surprised and glad that you have stepped up to the plate. While I still have an original 2005 unit it is not without it's problems too. Seriously these things have major problems that are not found in quality car stereo equipment except maybe the extreme bottom end junk from China. Has anything changed in the design or manufacturer of these units in the last five years to want anyone to actually spend the money for a replacement?
Hello Donn,

Thanks for the welcome - you have probably seen I stepped up more than a couple months back and have certainly been part of the give and take here.

You throw out a few topics in a small paragraph that makes answering a bit difficult since they are so general in nature, but let me try...

1. If you review my posts you will see more than a few responses to the quality comments. You will see I have stated that by the numbers we actually have a very small defect rate, BUT that does not help the folks who have had issue. Issues can also be caused by a great number of factors outside of our control including installation wiring and issues with other components. This is why I immediately asked PROPER TROUBLESHOOTING questions in this thread as opposed to just saying something is wrong with the unit.

2. I'd be happy to discuss what is actually wrong with your system if you wish.

3. Intrinsically I am sure we all have our definition of "quality" but developing a product plan that balances performance and features along with a PRICE that someone is willing to pay for something is the real trick. In all consumer products there are different quality levels and prices points. If we could all afford t he BEST (whatever that may mean to each of us) there would be no need for Wal-Mart, Target or Sam's Club i.e. companies that sell a whole lot of cheap Chinese stuff! You say it like its bad, but it is what it is. As stated above, our stuff is actually VERY GOOD according to the statistics, BUT as the new VP SALES & Marketing I am certainly not satisfied with the reputation you have described. I have discovered several reasons for this and we are working on it...

4. Five years is a several life times in the consumer electronics world and the simple fact that the company is growing and thriving is certainly an indication we are doing something right. Can we do better? Absolutely. Can we do it faster? Absolutely. Hopefully my presence here is indicative of that.

Lastly, checkout our recently updated website (Concertone® Home Page) and check out our new Service Plan. It would allow you to not only fix your old unit, but also upgrade that unit to our newest ZX690 for a great cost and it includes a new full year warranty. This is not a sale pitch, but we did this in response to many people asking us how they can repair or replace their old unit because they liked it and wanted to keep. People have thanked us for this! ;-)

Anyway, lets get specific and see if we can help with your individual questions or issues.

All the best!
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #11
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Well Bob,
I am still awaiting your reply from November. I know you have been busy moving and settling in your new job but?
Thanks
Len
Hi Len,

First off I am sorry and I will fall on my sword. I am only human and need a reminder every now and again.

I will respond via PM.
(781) 281-9440
Old 12-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #12

Hello Fellow Campers,

I have a 2010 FR Shockwave T29SALX Toyhauler. When I have the outside flood lights on (has a sliding switch for brightness), I get a buzzing noise over the inside and outside stereo speakers. The buzzing is quite annoying when listening to music, or watching movies. When the lights are turned off, the buzzing goes away.
Please advise where I should start troubleshooting. Is a loose ground? Should I check the ground wires to the lights, or the stereo, or the main chassis? Any help or advise is GREATLY appreciated.
gunner_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Site Team

gunner bob, a few points.

first, this thread is 3 years old.
second, unfortunately Bob Fields no longer works at Concertone and apparently no one there is willing to fill in for him.
third, posting which model Concertone you have, would help or at least a pic of it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #14

Also, what kind of lights are the floodlights. If they are LED, then the slider switch is a PWM dimmer, which generate a lot of noise.
Mark
msires is offline   Reply With Quote