Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #1

Concertone Output

I have a new Forest River GTS 21 foot MH with a concernton zx690/700 radio. Instructions state load DVD and press setup on the radio and it will show on the TV screen. That does not work, only the sound but no picture. Can anyone help me? It's too far to take it back for a while. Everything else seems to work just fine. Thanks a lot.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #2

Concernton zx690/700 radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I have a new Forest River GTS 21 foot MH with a concernton zx690/700 radio. Instructions state load DVD and press setup on the radio and it will show on the TV screen. That does not work, only the sound but no picture. Can anyone help me? It's too far to take it back for a while. Everything else seems to work just fine. Thanks a lot.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

The video output of the Z-690/700 is a composite video cable (yellow) that terminates in a RCA plug.

You must select the input on your television that corresponds to the composite input. (Check to make sure that it is connected to the TV!)

Note that you must mute the TV's audio since the DVDs audio will be playing through the Concertone and not the TV. The TV will only be used as a "monitor" to show the DVD video.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Captain of Industry

I have the same problem with my Concertone... DVD is playing and sound is coming through the speakers; however, no video on the TV. I pulled the cable and validated it was plugged into the correct input, made sure it was on the correct input and still nothing.

I also discovered that it will not tune to radio stations now. My antenna is still there, at the very least, but no idea what to do with it.

The rig is still under warranty, but it's a pain to manage this...
Old 10-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdudd View Post
I have the same problem with my Concertone... DVD is playing and sound is coming through the speakers; however, no video on the TV. I pulled the cable and validated it was plugged into the correct input, made sure it was on the correct input and still nothing.

I also discovered that it will not tune to radio stations now. My antenna is still there, at the very least, but no idea what to do with it.

The rig is still under warranty, but it's a pain to manage this...
Model number of concertone and TV?
Is the TV on the correct input?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
Captain of Industry

Lou - I have a ZX75 and it is on the AV input for a Vizio flat screen (don't know model number, but that may be irrelevant).

I triple checked it was on the correct input for the TV and even pulled it off the wall to ensure the connection was good. TV worked through the antenna and the cable hookup this weekend, but that is a coax connection, so... not necessarily relevant.

Still have the problem with tuning the radio. My antenna looks good from what I could see of it.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
The video output of the Z-690/700 is a composite video cable (yellow) that terminates in a RCA plug.

Note that you must mute the TV's audio since the DVDs audio will be playing through the Concertone and not the TV. The TV will only be used as a "monitor" to show the DVD video.
No need to mute the audio on the TV as there is no audio being fed from the Concertone. The audio cables on the TV are audio out and are to feed audio to the Concertone when watching TV and you want the sound through the surround speakers.

As to the OP's issue, I would try taking another video cable and connectiong it to the Video out on the Concertone and video in on the TV(should be yellow female RCA connectors) just to confirm you do not have a bad cable.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdudd View Post
I pulled the cable and validated it was plugged into the correct input, made sure it was on the correct input and still nothing.
Just to be clear, you are plugging the Video cable into the VIDEO OUT on the Concertone not the Video input and the VIDEO INPUT on the TV as it seems by your description above you are going input to input.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
My question would be did these ever work?

If no, then checking wiring from Concertone all the way to Radio is required.

If yes, what happened when it stopped working?
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote