Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #1

concertone problems

I have a 2008 flagstaff 831bhss i purchased in sept 8 2007. It started what sounded like a heart beat in the inside speakers. We are camping this week I went to turn the unit on last nite the stand by light is on but the unit won't power up it is a model zx600. The tv comes on but of course there is no sound.thanks in advance ,ROGER
PEANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Try disconnecting power from the unit by removing the fuse at the back of the unit for a couple of minutes to reset the system. Re-insert the fuse and try and power on again.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #3

How do you get to the back of theunit to get to the fuse.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #4

Bob pulling the fuse made the radio boot back up again thanks. However i still have a noise in the speakers in the living room kitchen area.my outside speakers and the master bedroom speakers are very clear but the other speakers have a noise that sounds like a heartbeat in them thanks for your fast response.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #5

Hey Peanut,

There is an Audio Noise Filter required for certain Concertone / TV combinations.
My combination is a ZX700 with 32" Toshiba, and as soon as I described the "heartbeat" noise to the Forest River Electronics guy he knew the part that I needed and actually said it was to be shipped with the TV. Now getting that part is a different story. Good luck with that...
SabreMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Owner - RVtronics

Peanut, have you made any progress regarding this?
(781) 281-9440
Old 10-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #7

Hey Bob no I haven't. Pulling the fuse did boot the radio up and all is normal there but I still have the heartbeat noise in the livingroom/kitchen area. Outside and master bedroom seem to be free of the noise.Not sure what to check or how to pull the cover from the unit.The fuse I removed was in the main fuse panel box.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT View Post
...I still have the heartbeat noise in the livingroom/kitchen area.
Just my 2 cents...could it be that the polarity is reversed on one of the speakers? It could be wired wrong at the back of the Concertone, but it seems it would be fairly easy to pull the suspect speaker(s) and try reversing the wires.

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #9

Dear sir, We are on our 8th unit and it failed again 2 weeks ago, of course it is out of warranty and 500.00 to replace I give up, We are soooo disappointed and stressed out by this event and having to return our trailer 7 times waiting a week or more at a time to get it back for it only to happen again. They are lemons and we should all be refunded so we can purchase something that will work properly.
camper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Just my 2 cents...could it be that the polarity is reversed on one of the speakers? It could be wired wrong at the back of the Concertone, but it seems it would be fairly easy to pull the suspect speaker(s) and try reversing the wires.
I apologize of I forget, but has all the wiring been checked on this installation?

The wiring diagram is on a label right on the unit.

Also, what model do you have?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #11

HEY BOB, IT IS A MODEL ZX600. NOTHING AS FAR AS WIRING HAS BEEN CHECKED.MY DEALER HAS PRETTY MUCH BEEN NO HELP ON ANY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD WITH ANY PART OF THE TRAILER.NOT SURE HOW TO ACCESS THE UNIT. ALSO IT KIND OF SOUNDS LIKE JUST ONE SPEAKER.THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE,ROGER.