Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #1

Concertone question

I am seriously considering purchasing a Flagstaff 831KRSS. I think the features on the FS vs. other brands really makes them a great value. However, I have reservations due to the reviews of the Concertone systems. I want a sound system that works. The FR I am looking at has the Venturer HD TV and the Concertone DVD/Cd with IPOD dock. Is this the combo to avoid? Has the system been fixed for 09 models?
armadafrfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
Site Team

I cannot tell you about the latest models reliability but--
if I had it to do over again, I'd want my trailer to come pre-wired for speakers.
Maybe even having the --cheap-- speakers installed but no concertone or TV.
Then I'd want a significant credit or discount for not getting the concertone and TV
and then I'd go and get a good one somewhere else.
Possibly something like a JVC unit, model #: KD-DV5400.
Then I'd get a nice LCD TV to go with it.
TVs will be on $ale big time this season, especially on "Black Friday".

My 2¢
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #3

we have had to get ours replaced they put in a model 600 replaced the model 500 so far so good i havent had any trouble with TV other than you have to make sure tv is in the right mode
Old 11-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I have often voiced the same thinking expressed by Dan. I would also install a component system as opposed to a stand-alone. Better to replace a part than the whole darn thing.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #5

I have the new Concertone 600 with the Venture LCD TV and am very pleased that it works as supposed to. After reading the posts on Concertone I was expecting the worst . So Far Great. My TT is a 2604 09 model.

Jim & Eileen
Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 5.3 ltr, prodigy controller.
2009 Rockwood 2604.

Running mates Max & Kate Chihuahua's

Hobie Kayaks on Thule rack on truck

Retired Army EOD
jdeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
I cannot tell you about the latest models reliability but--
if I had it to do over again, I'd want my trailer to come pre-wired for speakers.
Maybe even having the --cheap-- speakers installed but no concertone or TV.
Then I'd want a significant credit or discount for not getting the concertone and TV
and then I'd go and get a good one somewhere else.
Possibly something like a JVC unit, model #: KD-DV5400.
Then I'd get a nice LCD TV to go with it.
TVs will be on $ale big time this season, especially on "Black Friday".

My 2¢
If you are going to buy a TV this might be the time to buy before Black Friday while they are in stock. Wait until you are with in 15 to 30 days to buy before Christmas then take your receipt back to the store and get the sale price. Example, Best Buy offers a 30 day price guarantee on GPS units. If the price is lower on let say a Garmin 780 for $499.00 and it go's on sale with in the 30 day purchase time Best Buy will refund the difference. Best Buy offers a 15 day price guarantee on computers. FYI the Garmin 780 will be on sale Black Friday at Best Buy. Check with the store you may deal with on there policy.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #7

Mine has your setup, and I replaced the Concertone unit right after I bought the camper, the surround sound in the main living area quit, and since I got a new Concertone, it has worked flawlessly. Mine has the 600 unit, also. PS You'll love the TV reception and if you do any 12v camping, the TV works with all of that, also!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #8

My Concertone ZX500 went on the blink today. I had the camper plugged in and wanted a little music to listen to while flushing out the winter ant-freeze and getting it ready for the season. I turned it on heard some static type sound,smelled something burning and noticed that the led lights weren't working. Unscrewed it in a hurry and unplugged all the connections. Now let's see how good the company is on replacing it. Luckily I didn;t leave it on and go for a coffee. I might have lost my whole trailer and warehouse that it parked next to. Howard Page,Seabrook,NH Trailer purchased from Cold Springs RV in Weare,NH New May of 08
hpage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #9

Hi, I have an 08 8317SS with a concertone. It's been replaced a couple of times and never worked right and warranty is expired. Do you know who I complain to? The manufacturer or dealer or concertone.
chilliedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #10

I would not let the Concertone problems stop me from ordering an otherwise great camper! Yes; it is a problem for some of us, including the one I had to replace, but otherwise, the TV....22"Venturer digital 12volt HDTV, on mine has been great. It's just a small issue for a good company. My 2 cents worth. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #11

Wish someone could tell me where to find a componants stereo system to buy.

2002 GMC Sierra 5.3
2005 Flagstaff 26RKS
tomkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
Grape Escape

Try Best Buy, Walmart etc and pick up Samsung, Sony or LG system I found LG on the Source clearance web site for 165$ CDN and only use the receiver with built in upverting dvd player. The speakers that came with it are sitting in boxes in the basement. 10x better than concertone. Never use the outdoor or bedroom speakers so it works for me.
Use built in tuner from tv for picture.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #13

I have a Rockwood Signature 8314BSS. Purchased new last August. In November I took it out and The ConcertoneZX700 (a little more confusing than necessary) worked fine. I took it out of storage this weekend and could not get any power to the Stereo. THe Toshiba Flat screen is working fine, There is a fuse in the fuse box, but it is fine. It really acts as if there is another circuit breaker in the unit itself that has shut it down. Does anyone know if there is another circuit breaker asnd how to acess it.
Maybe related and maybe not, although I was hooked up to 30amp for the weekend. The batteries drained. I had the same problem last fall in Colorado. I read in the concerter booklet that if the batteries were mistakenly wired backwards there were two 40amp fuses that would blow to protect the Converter. I checked the batteries and they are wired proberbly (red wire to Positive), I checked the fuses and they were blown. I replaced them and so far so good.
I had the batteries out for the winter, but as I said they are wired correctly now. If they were ever incorrect, they were incorect when I got the Trailer. Has anyone else seen a problem with the fuses blowing when the battery is wired correctly. If so, has it affected your Stereo?
BillCelice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #14

Had my unit replaced once right after purchase. (08)
So far so good.

Won't replace with concertone once she dies. Rather be out camping than dealing with warranty issues. Time is one thing I never get back.

I would also not buy a new rig if it had a concertone in it. Way to many issues with the unit for lots of folks. Unless they agreed to pay me for my troubles if it went south.

FR must be getting one sweet deal on these units to keep putting them in and dealing with customer complaints. I like satisfied customers better. They buy more from me. Continuing to use problematic systems just doesn't make sense to me.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote