Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #1

Concertone runaround

Just got an e-mail back from bob at concertone about the concertone junk in my RV. Sorry about your inconvenience, but if you pay $250.00 and join their maintenance plan they will send me another unit. Same old song and dance. The only difference this time they did respond back to me.

20011 camped 17 days.
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #2

Is the unit still under warranty ? Did you try going through your dealer ?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #3

No the RV is out of warranty, yes I did contact the dealer, $700.00 parts and labor. That is not the point 2 years old and they know that they have a major problem. They need to stand by by their product, when you have a large problem as they do they need to do a recall and fix the problem
Old 07-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
No the RV is out of warranty, yes I did contact the dealer, $700.00 parts and labor. That is not the point 2 years old and they know that they have a major problem. They need to stand by by their product, when you have a large problem as they do they need to do a recall and fix the problem
You wrote earlier that you have had your rig for 3 years. Do you expect everything will we warranteed forever? Come on get real.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #5

well excuse me
Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
Retired US Navy Diver

Life is too short to be pissed off!! and/or unpleasant. We ALL know there are/and or have been, issues w/ the Concertone product line. But there's no reason to be unpleasant to a man (Bob-Concertone warranty/repair), who has stepped into a pile of crap and is doing his best to resolve as many issues as he can.

It's a tuff situation to resolve all product/customer problems w/out ruffling feathers or in everyones favor w/out a huge business financial loss. $250 for a $700 parts and labor replacement seems to be a VERY reasonable response to your situation.
gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #7

I am not pissed off as you would put it and have comunicated with bob by e-mail, but when a product has or is having as many problems with a product it should be taken care of. When a car builder has a problem, guess what they do a recall. Look at dometic, they are replacing the rain dump modification at no cost on the earlier electric awnings that they built. They saw the problem and are taking care of the problem. I am tired of trying to defend myself with this problem because my unit is 2 OR 3 years old. The product has a problem and feel it should be replaced to all who are having issues at no cost. Sorry just my opinion.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #8

My unit has worked fine every since I installed the chokes on the power wire & antenna coax.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #9

No matter who the manufacturer of something is, not all are perfect. I have personally swore off a particular vehicle manufacturer that people swear are great trucks. I had a problem that the dealers would not resolve, the manufacturer wished not to address. I rid myself of the problem at a financial loss as my DW would not drive it. I find that it serves no purpose to publicly bash a product. If I were to name the manufacturer on this forum, many would reply back arguing and defending the product. I am sorry that Concertone's offer was not satisfactory to you. I was not offered any type break other than to trade the vehicle in. The only thing I can do is no longer purchase a product from the particular manufacturer.

There are the silent MAJORITY of us that have Concertones that work fine. I am not happy with the "behind the scenes" of the installation, but that is not Concertone's fault, the fault is with the installer, FR. Many of the problems I have read on this forum often are installation issues that CT takes the heat for.

I tell my friends that ask me about camping (most are boaters), "a camper is much like a boat, when you use it, things have to be repaired". It really helps to be a handy man or have money to take to the shop (I happen to be the prior). If you bought a camper and expect years of service without any problems, perhaps this may be the wrong hobby.

I do wish you luck in your search for satisfaction in your audio system.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
Just got an e-mail back from bob at concertone about the concertone junk in my RV. Sorry about your inconvenience, but if you pay $250.00 and join their maintenance plan they will send me another unit. Same old song and dance. The only difference this time they did respond back to me.

20011 camped 17 days.
Wow! It it's one of the 600 series units, I would pay $2.50 for it.
They have a major problem and as you said, they need to stand up and deal with it. Dometic has, why not Concertone?

I have a lot of sympathy for Bob. He is in a bad spot.
My frustration with Concertone is not directed at Bob at all.
In fact I wish he'd been around when I was going through my Concertone issues.
Some folks need to remember that a negitave comment about Concertone is not necessarily personal attack on Bob but shear frustration with a problematic piece of equipment.

I do not advocate name calling or hiding behind your avatar taking pot shots at people.

The administrators of this forum recognized that there were obvious issues with Concertone equipment or they would not have given it it's own sub-forum.

I spent under $150 and put a whole new system in my rig.
Others have done the same.

Now if Concertone is offering to give you one of the newer units for $250 then you might reconsider.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #11

I agree with Maxwell. My trailer is 4 years old, and the third stereo is now taking a crap. I probably would pay the $250, if Concertone would give me a 3 year warranty with it.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #12

the cocertone unit in my 06 cherrokee has worked great from day 1 and i have used it for hundreds of hrs sorry for your pain
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #13

For emptypockets could you explain the chokes you are talking about, please.