Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #1

Cool Concertone Sound Help

Hello all, We have just taken delivery of our first TT, the Flagstaff 831KRSS! I love the unit so far, and I have received some great tips from this forum. I was wondering if there is a way to play the sound on the main TV thru the actual TV? The TV from what I understand for 2008 is now a stand alone TV rather than the Concertone being the tuner, but... The TV sound still comes only thru the surround speakers which can be zone controlled. I was wondering can just listen to the TV with the TV speakers and leave concertone unit off?

2nd question: The center entertainment unit has 2 doors at the bottom, right side door is screened with sub woofer, but in the left door that open I have what looks like a 12 volt power cord running up into the entertainment center. It is a 2 piece wire red and black that is just cut off. The sub works, so I was wondering what this wire is for. I guessed maybe a wire to place a 12v cig plug etc.. for maybe and ipod or 12v appliance. I guess I could check if it has voltage and figure this out.

Thanks for any help on the issues.

Frank
fire4034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #2

I believe the sound setting is controlled by a menu on the TV something like external vice internal speakers), but I don't remember right now. I had this same question with our new trailer, and there is a solution (i.e. using the audio from the TV speakers).

As for the power cord, I am not sure, though in our trailer the sub-woofer is on the left, not the right, so maybe the cord is hidden.

Bill

2008 Flagstaff 27BHSS
2006 Ford E-350 XLT 5.4L
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch
Bedford Indiana

kristler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #3

If it is a Jensen tv it is controlled to turn on your tv speaker in the menu(as stated before me), If you notice speakers on your tv you can watch tv and hear your tv speakers, since the main ant was going directly to our concertone unit , we used a splitter so we could program our channels through our tv, that way you can totally turn off your concertone unit
Old 01-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #4

on our system you have to select AUX to get sound thru the speakers vice tv.
if you leave the cncertone off can you hear the tv ?
can you tune channels on the tv?
i think they convolute the instructions on purpose.

still havent figured out how tune tv thru the concertone.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #5

If your tv has a tuner , yes you can use the tv by itself, you have to split the ant , if you pull out your concertone unit like mine anyway, you will see the ant coax wire going directly into your Concertone unit, go to wally world or ra** Shack, and get a 2 way splitter, then put one to your concertone and the other directly to tv ant input, take your tv off af aux or input, go into menu and autoprogram oyur stations, make sure your ant amp is turned on while doing this, HTH
Old 01-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #6

Hi Frank! We picked up a 831krss ourselves mid november! Awesome unit!! Anyway I did ask the dealer the same question about the tv. They didnt mention any of the things stated above but they showed me where it was plugged into the back ov the tv. Pretty much..unplug it. zzzzzthe wire is located at the bottom on the tv to the left..little black one post wire. Personally I think that is a cheesy solution though! As far as the hanging wire goes..Havn`t noticed that one!! Will definatly look this weekend!

~ Joel
cmprguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #7

Thanks to all for the reply, I am at the firehouse today, so I will be home tomorrow and will dig into it. I will let you all know what I find.
Joel, just curious any good, bad or ugly you might have for me about the KRSS. This is our first TT as I said... borrowed a friends last year a few times and loved it so I jumped right to what I wanted, so I hope we will be happy with it. If you have any tips or tricks I would appreciate it.

Frank
Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #8

Sorry Frank, Havent been out with this unit yet so not familiar with any of it qwirks! Oh..there is one thing...Don`t hit your head on the overhead storage above the sink!! That one hurts!

~ Joel
Old 01-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #9

Joel,
Did your unit come with the day/nigh shades everywhere but the back room slide window? It seems odd that they put regular curtains on that window and the day/night shades everywhere else.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #10

Frank,
Correct, there is no day/night shade in that window..just a curtain. I didn`t ask because i figured they figured the kids would just mess it up anyway..or that setup woudlnt work because of the swing up bunk. It would probably damage the rigid trim of the shades.

I was in there most of the day today and i did look for the wire in the left drawer.. i have no such thing.

I REALLY need to check polarity on the concertone surround sound! There is no fuzz sound coming out of any speakers except the surround sound ones!

~Joel
Old 01-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #11

Joel,

I am also getting a loud fuzz from the rear speakers when listening to TV or DVD on the main TV. I am not sure what to do about this issue, I have been searching on the net, but no luck. If you come up with something please post.

As mentioned above, I would almost rather just use my TV's speakers for TV and DVD and bypass the Concertone. It does pretty good for XM and Radio.

Frank
Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #12

It is in the surround circuit, contact Jeff Richardson at Forest River Rockwood division, that noise is unacceptable, I went through three
Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #13

what

Hey Rockinwood, can you elaborate on what you did to fix the issue. Also I am on chat now if you see this post.

Frank
Old 05-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #14

I asked the dealer repairman about listening to the TV with out the ZX600concertone, and he simply unplugged the small single wire behind my venturer TV, and pushed a setup button on the remote- not sure which one, but it was the TV remote. As far as the wire.... Try hiding it better out of view.
I'm sure it is needed for something! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 AM   #15

We need help figuring out the whole surround sound thing! We have the Rockwood 8317SS and when the radio or tv is on, sound seems to come out from all speakers and you can change it through the different areas. The problem we have is when we put in a dvd. We have to have both buttons for A and B on. Music comes out of A and you can't hear what anyone is saying unless you have B on. And has you may know, B are the speaker in the master bedroom, right above the master bed! (my son turned on the tv early saturday morning and the DVD from the night before was still in there, scared my husband and I to death) Of course, when you are watching a DVD, none of the speakers toward the back of the trailer seem to be on. Is this right or is there something wrong with our speaker set up?? It just doesn't seem right that you have to have B speakers on to watch a DVD.

Andrea
aharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #16

Sound On Tv

PULL THE TV OFF THE MOUNT BY PULLING UP.
JUST BEHIND THE TV THERE ARE RCA TYPE PLUGS. PULL OUT THE ONE FOR SOUND WHICH I BELIEVE IS THE BLACK ONE - NOT SURE -THE THE TV WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO TO ITS OWN SPEAKERS.TOOK US A WHILE TO FIGURE IT OUT.
HOWIE BEDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #17

Remember that the DVD has to be recorded for surround, in order for your 2 rear speakers to work, you should be able to hear all of them through an Fm Station though, and no you should not have to hear the voices through B, make sure you check the treble/Bass and Balance

It could be a problem with the surround circuit, God Knows that has been a problem, also if you pull the stereo , check all speaker and wire connections
Old 05-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinwood View Post
Remember that the DVD has to be recorded for surround, in order for your 2 rear speakers to work, you should be able to hear all of them through an Fm Station though, and no you should not have to hear the voices through B, make sure you check the treble/Bass and Balance

It could be a problem with the surround circuit, God Knows that has been a problem, also if you pull the stereo , check all speaker and wire connections
Thanks for the insight. I think we may have an issue with the surround sound. They just installed a new concertone, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get put back together right. (of course, after we picked it up from having warranty repairs, we now have more issues that it needs to go back in for!) I will have them look at this. Now here is a weird issue with the surround, we put in Finding Nemo, and sound was coming from where it should be coming from and didn't have to have to be on B but once we changed it to a newer movie, the B needed to be on to hear the voices again. I guess this would make a difference if the sound on both movies was recorded differently??? This is not my thing, has you can probably tell!

Andrea
aharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharrison View Post
Thanks for the insight. I think we may have an issue with the surround sound. They just installed a new concertone, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get put back together right. (of course, after we picked it up from having warranty repairs, we now have more issues that it needs to go back in for!) I will have them look at this. Now here is a weird issue with the surround, we put in Finding Nemo, and sound was coming from where it should be coming from and didn't have to have to be on B but once we changed it to a newer movie, the B needed to be on to hear the voices again. I guess this would make a difference if the sound on both movies was recorded differently??? This is not my thing, has you can probably tell!

Andrea
Andrea,

Look at each DVD, see what kind of surround it was recorded in, it sounds like Ex Nemo is Dolby surround, the Newer movies are usualy Dolby 5.1 even 6.1, if something is wired wrong, or surround circuit is faulty, it is supposed to seperate these sound, IE Voice surround Bass, to the speakers, also make sure try the different sound modes on the unit, that might help

Also look in the manual for DVD audio setting

You can go into the menu and change the audio Format, If you dont have a Manual, one is posted on the Home page on the right hand side

Sorry the Administrators are goin crazy ,this is my 4th Edit.

The more I think about it, the more I am thinking about the sound mode you are in, make sure you are not on Matrix, that will make the voices go away on certain DVD's try your sound modes with the newer DVD playing, I hope you get this going, sorry so long winded!!!