Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #1

Concertone Stereo

We are on our 3rd Concertone stereo unit, this one is less than 1 year old. We went camping and the unit will not turn on. The light is lit and we checked the fuses. We called our dealer and they said they couldn't replace it again. Has anyone had this problem? The first units we had the cd player wouldn't work.
zackcleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #2

Unit has one year warranty this is an email from FR

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 4:42 AM
Subject: RE: REGARDING REPLACEMENT ZX600 REPLACEMENT UNIT BAD

1 year is the warranty
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 4:02 PM
To: Jeff Richardson
Subject: Re: REGARDING REPLACEMENT ZX600 REPLACEMENT UNIT BAD

Hi Jeff, Just to clarify on my Concertone warranty, what will the new one be? The book says 1 year or is this incorrect?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #3

I would show them this website, and all the known issues with their crappy systems that they put there at the factory, and if they will not replace it, tell them you'll get a lawyer. There is no sense in that, as they know these things are problematic. Concertone 725 industrial pkwy. Elkhart, Indiana,46516 technical assistance/warranty 574 534 3167 These are the numbers I got off of here. Hope this helps you! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #4

ONE WHOLE YEAR without music with that crap concertone that Forest River puts in its trailers !!

Yes its warranty up to a year but after 4 and still the same problem, started with the zx500, next the zx550 and now the zx600 (2 times) and still having the same problem on channel A surround making hissing and static noises making it impossible to listen... Now try reaching someone at Forest rivers who takes this problem seriously !! They only want your money to buy and after good luck with your product !! Had all the problems having new stereo while under warranty now imagine the warranty is up since last week. Forest river owns Concertone so they will never admit that they have a problem... we should do a major claim over them because I am really not the only one with that problem.

Good luck with the worst radio on the market also called Concertone !
Yaifin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #5

Unplug fuse

I had the same problem once. I unpluged the fuse powering the radio, waited 15 seconds, plugged it back in and it worked.

Hope it works!!!
radguard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #6

Maybe it's time for a class action lawsuit. Or bringing the problems of cheaply contructed travel trailers and their safety defects like the Dometic refrigerators to the attention of say "60 minutes" Somebody must know somebody
hpage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #7

Concertone

I guess I am lucky. Mine lasted 3 years. Is there another unit that fits in the same space that is durable?
Deardorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #8

I installed a JVC head unit with front aux. input (for the DVD surround) and an amp to run the subs in the cieling. my neighbor built me a wood mounting face to cover the Concertone opening and a cutout to fit the JVC head unit. I`ll try and dig up some pics.

I do have some pics posted here but i can`t find it!

AH HA! found them here is the link http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t=1014&page=13 it`s about 3 posts down.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #9
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Great fix!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote