Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #1

Unhappy Concertone Subwoofer Noise

I have Concertone in my 2007 Lexington - not sure of the model. From the very beginning, the sub woofer "crackled", and very loudly. We finally couldn't stand it anymore and cut the wire to the subwoofer. The sound system now works 'acceptably', except for playing DVDs. When we play a DVD the sound is very low and at maximum volume we can barely hear.

I was hoping someone could tell me if the problem is likely with the subwoofer itself, the subwoofer wiring, or with the Concertone unit. The easiest solution would be to buy another Concertone subwoofer and see if the problem goes away. However, I don't want to waste $60 if that is not the problem. I would prefer to just replace the unit since it is anything but easy to use, but I'm not an electrical engineer....

Any suggestions?

Thanks
stubbyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #2

The concertone subwoofer in my 2604SS made a woow woow sound. That is all it did woow woow woow. It was replaced under warrenty. It is good allmost all of the time now. Sometimes will not turn on, pull fuse and reinstall. One time would not work at all, pulled chocks moved 400 miles, set up TT and concertone worked fine.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Are you saying that the sound is fine when in radio mode and that the DVD is having the volume issue? Just trying to understand...

You may want to pull the unit out and double check the wiring just to be sure. The wiring diagram is on a label on the back of the unit for easy reference.

After that, reset the unit as described above and let us know what happens...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #4

on our cedar creek it made the weird noises as you described, then at the next stop it would work fine

soooooo one day we were sitting there watching a movie and all of the sudden we saw these huge dust balls flying around the room, off the ceiling fan.
i shut off the fan and looked up at the woofer, it had dusty looking things in the grill. so i took it down , the back of the hole it sat in was full of wood shavings and all kinds of junk from construction, that i assume were bouncing around causing the oddities

after that i would once ever few months pull the cover down and vacuum the whole area real good
Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
WOW - thats crazy! ;-)
Glad it worked out!
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
receiver, replacement, wiring