Old 05-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #111

I have a 2011 Puma 356QLB with the ZX700. The problem I am having started out with the outside speakers sounding distorted no matter what level I put the volume on, now it is all the speakers(a,b,&c). Along with that issue, now when you press the volume button the station changes, you press function it changes the speakers, you try to change the station it changes the function, etc.etc. Has anyone experienced this problem, if so what was the solution? I refuse to pay $700 for a polished turd, which is what I think of these so called radios/"multimedia systems". I do not want to bring it to my dealer because it may take another 118 day's to repair/replace the ZX700 like it took them to make the repairs the last time I brought my unit to them. I do not understand why these units are so expensive, it is not because of quality craftsmanship thats for sure. I bought a Pioneer home stereo system in the mid 90's and that same system still rocks my home to this day, that is quality craftsmanship!

2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #112

Unhappy

Having an issue with our ZX85 (Genesis 2.0) I had the unit winterized last year just after getting a replacement (warranty at FR factory) sound system for our 2011 Wildcat Fifth wheel and we just un-winterized it today, last year while putting it to bed for the winter we listened to the new sound system we had installed since the other wasn't working. This one the Genesis 2.0 isn't working this year, the back lit display is gone but if you shine a flashlight on it you can see the numbers/letters and I am able to change stations and modes but there is no display to see the nice blue backlight, ALSO NO sound is working? I have tried cd's MP3 as well as radio stations and nothing. The speakers a,b,c are all in the on position, I have no sound or back display, is there a fuse inside the unit? I have tried a hard reset by taking the 15 amp fuse out of the fuse holder in the bedroom where the inverter and fuses are, is this unit defective as well?

Old 06-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #113

Concertone ZX600

Our CD and DVD functions have stopped working. We bought our Rockwood 2009 5th wheel new in 2010 and the first summer it was never ending warranty work. So this Stereo has about 2 seasons and maybe 4 wks on it. I've seen posts about disconnecting the 12v and that fixes some problems, is there a fix for this or am I just out of luck for movies and cd's?

Great forum, btw. I'm glad I found this, better late that never. Can't wait to get caught up!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #114
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Krickbaum View Post
Our CD and DVD functions have stopped working. We bought our Rockwood 2009 5th wheel new in 2010 and the first summer it was never ending warranty work. So this Stereo has about 2 seasons and maybe 4 wks on it. I've seen posts about disconnecting the 12v and that fixes some problems, is there a fix for this or am I just out of luck for movies and cd's?

Great forum, btw. I'm glad I found this, better late that never. Can't wait to get caught up!
Cindy,

Sometimes, especially in humid conditions, when you turn on the air conditioning the cool air will cause condensation on the laser reading lens. This will cause failure to read (no disc present) errors.

The cure (if that is your problem) is to turn it on and let it run for a few hours to bake the moisture ot of the radio; do a hard reset (remove all power including the camper's battery negative cable).

Other times the radio is "twisted" in the wall as the plywood swells or dries out. Usually this symptom causes the disc not to go in or not come out.
Removing the plastic bezel and loosening the mounting screws cfan help in this case.

Other times, it just breaks and will need repair. Contact Bob Fields (here) by PM and he should be able to advise you further.

Herk

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #115

Thanks Herk. I will contact Bob. We live in Colorado, with no humidity so I doubt the humidity is an issue for us. Will try the hard reset just in case, was wondering how to do that so thanks again!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #116

No luck with the hard reset. I PM'd both Concertone and Bob to see what options we have. We have a 26 year old special needs daughter that is always with us and she needs her movies
Old 06-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #117
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Krickbaum View Post
No luck with the hard reset. I PM'd both Concertone and Bob to see what options we have. We have a 26 year old special needs daughter that is always with us and she needs her movies
From your description, the reset was a long shot; but worth taking.
Good luck with the unit.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #118

Well after no answers from Concertone except to unplug it and then plug it back in, we now have a new Jenson for our sound system as well as a 120v amp/dvd combo that can be used as backup. Concertone says its FR's issue and FR says contact Concertone??? With the unit only being 7 months old one would think it falls under warranty with Concertone since it is ultimately their defective product with the quality control stamp sticker on it listing Dec 12. If this is how a "customer" is treated I think Concertone will be belly up soon. It's is actually funny looking at their webpage, if you take out all the items that are listed as "discontinued" they probably would not really require one except to say Look what we used to sell! I should not have let FR take out the ZX75, who would of thought I was getting something worse.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #119

I got an email from customer service. They told me to try a dvd cleaner... will try, but I don't have high hopes. The dvd cleaner says it will not work on a cd player. So I don't know what the result will be since this is a DVD/CD player and both don't work.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #120

Well it won't hurt to try, nothing works on mine, no blue backlit display no sound but if you shine a light on the display I am able to control the numbers and mode just no sound or proper display. I told them "I unplugged it, took the inline fuse out as well as the 15amp fuse by my inverter" Their answer was "unplug the unit for 1 minute and then plug it in? Duh....does anyone read what we write or do they just go to "The Concertone email troubleshoot guide for brand new employees" and rattle off the first line "unplug power" ...........there, another serviced customer. I truely hope their fix from page 2 of their handbook helps you out, you can always go buy a $20 120 volt dvd player at Walmart and hook it up to the RCA imputs on your TV so your daughter will have something to watch, thats the easy fix, I wish mine was that easy.

Tags
led pad