Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #131
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Tell the dealer to call FR warranty as I do not have the answer. I simply know they told me about it and that they have a fix. Rockwood warranty definitely knows about this.

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #132
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshenderson View Post
...Additionally, my cousin has a ZX75 and the LED does not display. The LED backlight comes on, but nothing shows...
Does his radio work but no show the display or is it down completely (won't power up?)

Tell him to try and remove the fuse for one minute to reset the unit.

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #133

The unit works, but nothing displays on the LED screen. We have unplugged the unit from power in the hopes that it would reset to factory default.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #134

Has anyone used the Optical input on a GT 3.0 and had it sound good?

I decided to see if I could get actual surround sound so I added the optical cable between my TV to the 3.0. It really does not sound good. I was picking up hiss and digital noise. I ruled out the electrical in the trailer by making sure all appliances and lights were turned off. I tried it both at a campground electric service and at home. Still the same noise. So, in trying to figure out if it was the TV or Radio I connected the optical to a media player. This has noise as well. Mostly some his and a few digital data pops when the player seeks info from the memory. card.

Is this radio just overly sensitive on the optical input or is this the norm? If I take it to the dealer who may not be as in tune with what audio should sound like he would probably say I am getting sound out of it so not much he can do.

The Stereo input is crystal clear, no noise, just no surround....

Any ideas?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #135

I have a ZX100 that is not functioning.

Here are the details.

The unit worked on the first two trips we took but on the third trip would not power on. The clock works, though I have not tried setting it, but the unit itself will not power on and shows no signs of life.

I pulled the unit and checked to see if the fuse was blown. It was not, I tested it, but I went ahead and replaced it just to be safe.

Same problem.

So.....has anyone seen this or have any ideas as to what it could be? I honestly wouldn't have been messing with it were it not for my wife complaining that it still isn't working and we are about to take a 3 week trip.

Also, if the unit needs to be replaced what are the best/easiest options that won't require some custom install or reworking of the wiring?

Thanks for your time!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #136

Hello All - This is my first post out here and I would appreciate any help I can get. I have a 2010 Rockwood with the Genesis Gt 3.0 system in it. I really enjoy it however I have 2 issues. 1. the cd/dvd player will play for about 15 minutes and then lock up and go to a "loading" screen. I have to bounce out to the radio feature to power the unit off and then it will reset. I have never been able to make it past the 15 minute mark in a movie or cd. 2. Last night while camping I was awakened by a flashing blue light in the living room. this proved to be the display on the unit flashing on and off. I have powered it off and pulled the fuse on the fuse box and on the back of the unit itself. when I power it back up it has characters on the display which appear to be written in "Klingon". there is nothing on it that works now ... except the backlight on the display. Help me Bob Fields you're my only hope.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #137

I just received a return call from Forest River Warranty department regarding the LED light and Concertone issue. Their solution is to replace all the LED lights with a different LED light that does not interfere with the Concertone unit. Problem is the new lights have a smaller footprint than the existing lights, so the old screw holes in the ceiling will show. FR is working on getting a decorative plate that will go behind the new LED's and cover the existing holes. i was told that the new plates will not be in for at least 4 weeks.

I am going to try playing around with noise filters to see if I can correct the problem myself
eshenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #138

I got so fed up with the stereo and crappy (not sure if I can say that here) speakers (even after I upgraded the speakers) that I now haul my Pioneer receiver and Bose mini surround speakers (2 and the woofer). I’ve got 13 days of music cd’s saved to my laptop and can’t believe how great this sounds when camping in the woods. I gota have my music and its just me and the misses. Nearest other camper is 5 miles away! Now that’s camping to me.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #139

Concertone ZX600

Ok so ready to head out this next weekend for vaca in VT. I have a ZX600 and yesterday doing a PDI, I put a DVD in the player and about a minute of seeing loading on the tv, it gives an error "SD Err". Then the radio still says loading for about 30 seconds and displays no disk. I tried a DVD player cleaner and pulled the fuse for about 5 hours. I tried it again and no luck, same errors. But what in the world is SD Err mean? Gotta do something, gotta a little girls that will be mighty sad a bed time or when its rainy. ): Any ideas? I have a week left.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #140
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmdnh View Post
Ok so ready to head out this next weekend for vaca in VT. I have a ZX600 and yesterday doing a PDI, I put a DVD in the player and about a minute of seeing loading on the tv, it gives an error "SD Err". Then the radio still says loading for about 30 seconds and displays no disk. I tried a DVD player cleaner and pulled the fuse for about 5 hours. I tried it again and no luck, same errors. But what in the world is SD Err mean? Gotta do something, gotta a little girls that will be mighty sad a bed time or when its rainy. ): Any ideas? I have a week left.

Try a "CTRL-ALT-DLT" and reboot it.

Remove ALL power (including the battery ground wire) for 1 minute and reapply power to the trailer. That will restart the computer that runs the radio.

This is far easier than removing the radio from the wall to access the fuse behind it. Too easy to break the front bezel.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad