Old 05-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #171
Site Team - Lou

Bob just informed me that only the recent Concertone/Genesis units have digital inputs.

Sorry for the confusion.

Make sure you do a channel scan using the "cable" tuner in the TV and not the OTA (over the air) tuner.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #172

Concertone and Windgard

Thanks all for the many ideas and links. I will try it all! I just happen to be in a location that only gets one channel on the antenna so the cable is much more desired than ever before. Normally I get enough antenna channels to meet my needs.

I am new to RVing, two years now but it sure is a fast learning lifestyle.

thanks, again
Jim

Old 06-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #173

Concertone and Windgard

I was able to get everything working.
Thanks Bob and all who offered suggestions.
thanks,
Jim
Old 06-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #174
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Thumbs up

Good news!
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #175

Hi all, just joined the forum. I have read all of the electronics thread, especially concerning the Concertone units. I just ordered a new GT-3.0 off eBay to replace an aging ZX500 that was original equipment in my Lexington 283. I also ordered a wire harness adapter from Concertone to make the new GT-3.0 plug and play with the original wiring. From what I have read, the only way to contact Concertone was by a (mostly) none responsive email address. Included on my email receipt from Concertone was the following contact info, which I thought I would share:
Merchant information:
Aridian Technology Company Inc.
support@concertone.com
Concertone® Home Page
574-387-2790

Sure hope this helps people get better response.

Really glad to see people like Bob Fields, and others, share their time and knowledge.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #176
Owner - RVtronics

Cinerama,
Last I knew, you could not buy new units from any ebay seller. There have been a multitude of sellers selling various models in the past (including ZX500s which have not been built since 2007), but none of them are authorized resellers and hence there are no factory warranties associated with the purchase. Hopefully your reseller provides a warranty, exchange or cash back in the event of an issue.
Let us know when you receive and install.
(781) 281-9440
Old 06-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #177

Hi Bob. The seller, who has a 100% rating, purportedly purchased it from Forest River and never installed it, selling it as a new, unopened item. I understand there will be no warranty and I'm taking a chance, but I've always lived on the edge, LOL, ��.
Besides, now I'm a member of this forum and I have you, haha! Thanks for the concern, and I will post a follow up after I receive and install said unit.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerama View Post
Hi all, just joined the forum. I have read all of the electronics thread, especially concerning the Concertone units. I just ordered a new GT-3.0 off eBay to replace an aging ZX500 that was original equipment in my Lexington 283. I also ordered a wire harness adapter from Concertone to make the new GT-3.0 plug and play with the original wiring. From what I have read, the only way to contact Concertone was by a (mostly) none responsive email address. Included on my email receipt from Concertone was the following contact info, which I thought I would share:
Merchant information:
Aridian Technology Company Inc.
support@concertone.com
Concertone® Home Page
574-387-2790

Sure hope this helps people get better response.

Really glad to see people like Bob Fields, and others, share their time and knowledge.
I have tried to call and sent emails til the sky turned blue, never got a return call or email in 2 years. Thanks to Bob I got a hold of Crutchfield and they got me working. As much as said about the 3.0 system once you get it working it's great. The only thing I do not like is the blue tooth with the phone, if you use that you have to run into the trailer because your phone won't work you have to use the G3 system to answer and talk, so I just don't use it. Couldn't find a way to do it....I still say they didn't either install my sub woofer or it's not hooked up. I will have the Goshen people look at that in August. But this stuff is easy to confuse me.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #179
Owner - RVtronics

I hear what you are saying, but as a manufacturer I definitely believe in the authorized distribution channels as they have agreed as sales partners to take care of you (our mutual customer).

Also to be clear, I can help with troubleshooting instructions, but I don't work for the maker of these units.

I hope it all works out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerama View Post
Hi Bob. The seller, who has a 100% rating, purportedly purchased it from Forest River and never installed it, selling it as a new, unopened item. I understand there will be no warranty and I'm taking a chance, but I've always lived on the edge, LOL, ��.
Besides, now I'm a member of this forum and I have you, haha! Thanks for the concern, and I will post a follow up after I receive and install said unit.
(781) 281-9440
Old 06-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #180
Owner - RVtronics

When you are connected to the GT3 via Bluetooth you "should" be able to select answering on YOUR PHONE without needing to run inside. It will depend on your phone as to how it looks on your phone screen, but this should be a relatively easy situation to resolve so you can enjoy the Bluetooth connectivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I have tried to call and sent emails til the sky turned blue, never got a return call or email in 2 years. Thanks to Bob I got a hold of Crutchfield and they got me working. As much as said about the 3.0 system once you get it working it's great. The only thing I do not like is the blue tooth with the phone, if you use that you have to run into the trailer because your phone won't work you have to use the G3 system to answer and talk, so I just don't use it. Couldn't find a way to do it....I still say they didn't either install my sub woofer or it's not hooked up. I will have the Goshen people look at that in August. But this stuff is easy to confuse me.

(781) 281-9440

Tags
led pad