Old 09-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostbob View Post
Ok, finally got an answer back from Concertone who says they no longer make The GT 3.0 replacement (even though their web site shows them) for the RV2004D units and they suggested I contact Forest River to see what they recommend. i will have to find away to contact the correct person at Forest River.........

Soooooo, for those of you who decided to replace Concertone with another brand can you tell me

1. Which one
2. Did you lose any functions like the surround sound
3. Was your unit a direct fit plug and play?

Thanks
I can answer # 3,NO it is a "Snake Pit "of wires and colors that Do Not match any replacement unit! Youroo! !

Old 09-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #252
Site Team

I replaced my Concertone with a Jensen several years ago.
It wasn't that hard but I am not new to playing with the wires behind the wall so to speak.

As I recall the Jensen was only stereo and not surround sound but honestly in a small space like an RV the surround sound is over rated IMO.

I had to modify the opening for the Jensen as it was a different size but I don't remember any gaps when I was done. Sorry - it's been a few years and we no longer own that rig.

I used a 9v battery to temporarily short across each separate speaker wire. This would make the speaker pop and once I found which speaker it was I labeled it with masking tape. I quickly found all my speakers and got the wires marked. Once I had all the speakers it was not too difficult to connect them to the Jensen.
EDIT- this was ....~ 6 years ago. I imagine Jensen has new models by now that may well be surround sound but again- in a small space it's not a big deal. To me anyway some decent bass and Hi-Fi response from the speakers is much more desirable than "surround sound" from tinny no bass speakers.

1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
I replaced my Concertone with a Jensen several years ago.
It wasn't that hard but I am not new to playing with the wires behind the wall so to speak.

As I recall the Jensen was only stereo and not surround sound but honestly in a small space like an RV the surround sound is over rated IMO.

I had to modify the opening for the Jensen as it was a different size but I don't remember any gaps when I was done. Sorry - it's been a few years and we no longer own that rig.

I used a 9v battery to temporarily short across each separate speaker wire. This would make the speaker pop and once I found which speaker it was I labeled it with masking tape. I quickly found all my speakers and got the wires marked. Once I had all the speakers it was not too difficult to connect them to the Jensen.
EDIT- this was ....~ 6 years ago. I imagine Jensen has new models by now that may well be surround sound but again- in a small space it's not a big deal. To me anyway some decent bass and Hi-Fi response from the speakers is much more desirable than "surround sound" from tinny no bass speakers.
Thank you I just emailed Forest River to see what they say. Hopefully will hear back next weeks some time.
ostbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:51 PM   #254

FYI;
Forest River says they don't have any replacement so we'd need to just go find a different model and manufacturer.

Have to wonder what they're putting in their new RV's.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #255
Site Team

Here's a thought.... I believe your old Concertone most likely has RGB inputs or something like that. You could get a little cheap portable dvd player and input into your Concertone. You can likely find one at a pawn shop or garage sale for $20.

Also you can visit any RV sales lot and see what they are using for sound systems today just to get an idea what's out there.

Good luck!
Blue Ox WD hitch

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32
Old 09-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Here's a thought.... I believe your old Concertone most likely has RGB inputs or something like that. You could get a little cheap portable dvd player and input into your Concertone. You can likely find one at a pawn shop or garage sale for $20.

Also you can visit any RV sales lot and see what they are using for sound systems today just to get an idea what's out there.

Good luck!
Thank you. I will be checking into my options in the next week or two and will post when I have found a solution.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:27 PM   #257

Ok, so after talking to the dealer and finding out it would cost more to modify the opening for a Jensen or other newer models most of which are wider and shorter in height. I found this direct fit unit and ordered it today. Supposed to have wiring harness included but previous customers said it didn't' have one.

https://www.amazon.com/iRV-Technolog...ct_top?ie=UTF8

The manufacture of this unit said Concertone is out of business.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:08 AM   #258
Site Team

Good luck!
It looks like a pretty good one.
AM/FM/CD/DVD/MP3/MP4/USB/SD/HDMI/Digital5.1/Surround Sound/Bluetooth 3 Zones

You can even control it with a phone app.

Let us know how it works out!
Blue Ox WD hitch

Old 09-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #259
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostbob View Post
Ok, so after talking to the dealer and finding out it would cost more to modify the opening for a Jensen or other newer models most of which are wider and shorter in height. I found this direct fit unit and ordered it today. Supposed to have wiring harness included but previous customers said it didn't' have one.

https://www.amazon.com/iRV-Technolog...ct_top?ie=UTF8

The manufacture of this unit said Concertone is out of business.
A number of FR brands install iRV units.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #260
rbq

Saw that Crutchfield sells the adapters for the wiring. See the link. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-G4kNgi...RV66-ACWH.html

Tags
led pad