Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #101

This is a photo of the faceplate off...not sure why the RCA cable are just hanging there. I'm not quite sure I'm comfortable taking out the Genesis system, especially since the unit is only a week old. So, I may simply connect the system directly to the back of the television via the extra HDMI input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-14 16.58.31.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	20706  

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #102
Site Team - Lou

There are only 4 screws that hold the radio in BUT you are right it is really easy to break the plastic tabs that hold the trim piece on.

The "extra" Yellow/Red/White sockets are additional inputs for the wallplate. The black wire that goes into the tangle behind the radio is the output of the wall plate that goes to the input on the radio.

The switch on the front must point to the sockets you are using and the radio must be set to the input the wallplate is plugged into.

If you are uncomfortable removing the radio from the cabinet and can't see the radio's back wires from the wall plate; you are better off taking it in to the dealer and let them do it.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #103

Mr. Fields:
At the end of last season, while using our Concertone ZX700 (3 years old) we noticed a crackling/static sound coming through all the speakers intermittently. A short time later we heard a pop-like sound and then silence. The unit itself was still lit up as if it were working properly, but we couldn't get sound from any of the speakers. We tried resetting but this didn't work either. We checked all connections but none were loose. I read through this thread and saw what looked like some similar complaints but did not see any response that might be helpful. Can you tell us if there is anything we should try before we give up on the unit? My DH wants to replace it with a Jensen but I am hoping we can get the present one working again. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Vikki
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #104
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
I apologize for the inconvenience. If you pulled the fuse for one minute and it did not resolve your issues, then unfortunately it looks like you will need to replace the unit.

Considerations when changing from a ZX700 to any competitor:
1. You will no longer have 5.1 Surround Sound
2. This means your center channel speaker will no longer work
3. You will need to add an external amplifier to continue using your sub woofer as no competitors have a built in sub woofer amplifier.
4. You will need to modify the mounting hole.
These are but a few considerations.

I realize others have modified their TT's and the funny part is it goes both ways. We have plenty of folks converting to our systems from others as well.

Depending on your objectives when faced with the replacement question it usually comes down to price and ease. If you want to change brands, it will typically cost more in time and money especially to keep the same feature set. Our refreshed ZX800 deals will cost you less in the long run, will add Bluetooth and HDMI cable connectivity for a better picture as well as digital audio inputs allowing for Surround sound ability from TV broadcast signals. Refreshed units look and feel brand new and come with the same one year warranty.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #105

Have installed new tv in my 2009 Rockford 8315BSS. It has the usual wall plates below tv, eg. satellite coax and tv coax, also the multi-input faceplate for games/satellite etc. I also have another wall plate directly behind TV called "Concertone LCD wall plate, with plugs from left to right labeled, antenna, 12V, video, and tv audio. I am using the video plug to bring DVD signal to tv, what are the other plugs for??? I have the concertone zx 600. Thanks
alpine skiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #106

we have a gt2.0 that has had an issue since we bought the trailer in march of 2012. I've tried to get my dealer to address the issue but they claim the radio brand is junk and there is nothing they can do. I have a gt 2.0 that in now just out of warranty and refuses to tune to nearly any FM channel no matter how close or strong the FM source. I removed the radio and attached a different antenna with no change. I confirmed the installed antenna is not shorted and has proper continuity. I love the other features that all work,but I just can't receive FM. My dealer now refuses to even look at it as he claims none of them tune properly. What can I do???? I've been fighting this for a year and now am out of warranty. I just found this forum and would love some support or ideas to look into. One more item to update.... As I read more in this forum I tried the hold mode ten seconds reset. The radio now stops during a scan at about 6 stations but that are all very very scratchy. We're closer but still not tuning well. I have a cheap pocket radio with a broken antenna inside the trailer that can tune clean to 12 plus stations in the same location.
jgilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #107
Site Team - Lou

Have you tried a "hard reset" by removing the fuses, wait a minute; then put them back in?
Sometimes "Control, Alt, Delete" works for more than Microsoft products...
Old 04-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #108
Moderator Emeritus

Jgilles,

I have the same radio and, although there were issues in the beginning for us (that are resolved), it has always been a great tuner for us. In fact, maybe too good because a scan when at my house often pulled in stations from MI (I'm in WI) that can fade in and out. But, all the local Channel's are clear.

My point is the problem is that your dealer is unwilling to work with you on fixing this. Maybe its your particular unit, but plenty of GT2.0's don't have that problem.

Maybe try calling Concertone directly at the number below or PM member Bob Fields. Good luck!

Signature
Bob Fields
bfields@concertone.com
www.concertone.com
(574) 387-2790

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #109

I have done a hard rest. No change. I'll contact Bob and see if he can help me. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll update you all if I make any progress.
jgilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #110
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
I hate hearing stories like this! Contact us if you still need assistance.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #111

I have a 2011 Puma 356QLB with the ZX700. The problem I am having started out with the outside speakers sounding distorted no matter what level I put the volume on, now it is all the speakers(a,b,&c). Along with that issue, now when you press the volume button the station changes, you press function it changes the speakers, you try to change the station it changes the function, etc.etc. Has anyone experienced this problem, if so what was the solution? I refuse to pay $700 for a polished turd, which is what I think of these so called radios/"multimedia systems". I do not want to bring it to my dealer because it may take another 118 day's to repair/replace the ZX700 like it took them to make the repairs the last time I brought my unit to them. I do not understand why these units are so expensive, it is not because of quality craftsmanship thats for sure. I bought a Pioneer home stereo system in the mid 90's and that same system still rocks my home to this day, that is quality craftsmanship!
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #112

Unhappy

Having an issue with our ZX85 (Genesis 2.0) I had the unit winterized last year just after getting a replacement (warranty at FR factory) sound system for our 2011 Wildcat Fifth wheel and we just un-winterized it today, last year while putting it to bed for the winter we listened to the new sound system we had installed since the other wasn't working. This one the Genesis 2.0 isn't working this year, the back lit display is gone but if you shine a flashlight on it you can see the numbers/letters and I am able to change stations and modes but there is no display to see the nice blue backlight, ALSO NO sound is working? I have tried cd's MP3 as well as radio stations and nothing. The speakers a,b,c are all in the on position, I have no sound or back display, is there a fuse inside the unit? I have tried a hard reset by taking the 15 amp fuse out of the fuse holder in the bedroom where the inverter and fuses are, is this unit defective as well?
Gustheusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #113

Concertone ZX600

Our CD and DVD functions have stopped working. We bought our Rockwood 2009 5th wheel new in 2010 and the first summer it was never ending warranty work. So this Stereo has about 2 seasons and maybe 4 wks on it. I've seen posts about disconnecting the 12v and that fixes some problems, is there a fix for this or am I just out of luck for movies and cd's?

Great forum, btw. I'm glad I found this, better late that never. Can't wait to get caught up!
Cindy Krickbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #114
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Krickbaum View Post
Our CD and DVD functions have stopped working. We bought our Rockwood 2009 5th wheel new in 2010 and the first summer it was never ending warranty work. So this Stereo has about 2 seasons and maybe 4 wks on it. I've seen posts about disconnecting the 12v and that fixes some problems, is there a fix for this or am I just out of luck for movies and cd's?

Great forum, btw. I'm glad I found this, better late that never. Can't wait to get caught up!
Cindy,

Sometimes, especially in humid conditions, when you turn on the air conditioning the cool air will cause condensation on the laser reading lens. This will cause failure to read (no disc present) errors.

The cure (if that is your problem) is to turn it on and let it run for a few hours to bake the moisture ot of the radio; do a hard reset (remove all power including the camper's battery negative cable).

Other times the radio is "twisted" in the wall as the plywood swells or dries out. Usually this symptom causes the disc not to go in or not come out.
Removing the plastic bezel and loosening the mounting screws cfan help in this case.

Other times, it just breaks and will need repair. Contact Bob Fields (here) by PM and he should be able to advise you further.

Herk
Old 06-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #115

Thanks Herk. I will contact Bob. We live in Colorado, with no humidity so I doubt the humidity is an issue for us. Will try the hard reset just in case, was wondering how to do that so thanks again!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #116

No luck with the hard reset. I PM'd both Concertone and Bob to see what options we have. We have a 26 year old special needs daughter that is always with us and she needs her movies
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #117
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Krickbaum View Post
No luck with the hard reset. I PM'd both Concertone and Bob to see what options we have. We have a 26 year old special needs daughter that is always with us and she needs her movies
From your description, the reset was a long shot; but worth taking.
Good luck with the unit.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #118

Well after no answers from Concertone except to unplug it and then plug it back in, we now have a new Jenson for our sound system as well as a 120v amp/dvd combo that can be used as backup. Concertone says its FR's issue and FR says contact Concertone??? With the unit only being 7 months old one would think it falls under warranty with Concertone since it is ultimately their defective product with the quality control stamp sticker on it listing Dec 12. If this is how a "customer" is treated I think Concertone will be belly up soon. It's is actually funny looking at their webpage, if you take out all the items that are listed as "discontinued" they probably would not really require one except to say Look what we used to sell! I should not have let FR take out the ZX75, who would of thought I was getting something worse.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #119

I got an email from customer service. They told me to try a dvd cleaner... will try, but I don't have high hopes. The dvd cleaner says it will not work on a cd player. So I don't know what the result will be since this is a DVD/CD player and both don't work.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #120

Well it won't hurt to try, nothing works on mine, no blue backlit display no sound but if you shine a light on the display I am able to control the numbers and mode just no sound or proper display. I told them "I unplugged it, took the inline fuse out as well as the 15amp fuse by my inverter" Their answer was "unplug the unit for 1 minute and then plug it in? Duh....does anyone read what we write or do they just go to "The Concertone email troubleshoot guide for brand new employees" and rattle off the first line "unplug power" ...........there, another serviced customer. I truely hope their fix from page 2 of their handbook helps you out, you can always go buy a $20 120 volt dvd player at Walmart and hook it up to the RCA imputs on your TV so your daughter will have something to watch, thats the easy fix, I wish mine was that easy.

Tags
led pad