Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Try a "CTRL-ALT-DLT" and reboot it.

Remove ALL power (including the battery ground wire) for 1 minute and reapply power to the trailer. That will restart the computer that runs the radio.

This is far easier than removing the radio from the wall to access the fuse behind it. Too easy to break the front bezel.
I tried the fuse but will try this this evening, Thank you. If this does not work guess I will have to break down and get the zx800. But wow, Expensive fix.
pcmdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #142
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmdnh View Post
I tried the fuse but will try this this evening, Thank you. If this does not work guess I will have to break down and get the zx800. But wow, Expensive fix.
There is more than one fuse for this unit.
I have no idea where the "second fuse" is for mine (behind the power center I think).
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
There is more than one fuse for this unit.
I have no idea where the "second fuse" is for mine (behind the power center I think).
Really? Didnt know about the 2nd fuse. Thank you
Old 08-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #144

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPilot View Post
I decided to see if I could get actual surround sound so I added the optical cable between my TV to the 3.0. It really does not sound good. I was picking up hiss and digital noise. I ruled out the electrical in the trailer by making sure all appliances and lights were turned off. I tried it both at a campground electric service and at home. Still the same noise. So, in trying to figure out if it was the TV or Radio I connected the optical to a media player. This has noise as well. Mostly some his and a few digital data pops when the player seeks info from the memory. card.

Is this radio just overly sensitive on the optical input or is this the norm? If I take it to the dealer who may not be as in tune with what audio should sound like he would probably say I am getting sound out of it so not much he can do.

The Stereo input is crystal clear, no noise, just no surround....

Any ideas?
I have tried the same thing, same problem. I am going to try a optical to coax convertor from my Toshiba TV to the GT 3.0 to see if this works. The noise you are hearing appears to be a digital frequency error, clock rate related.
I was actually working on this last night on my new per. Will update once I check the other option.

Brian
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #145

Quote:
Really? Didnt know about the 2nd fuse. Thank you
There is 2 fuses. One for memory use, keeps stations and settings, second one is for the actual system to use for the amplifiers etc.

B
Old 08-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #146

Here is a link to another forum with Bob Fields as well. Hopefuly some questions could be answered here as well regarding these units.

Genesis Technologies presence on the Heartland Owners Forum
Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post

I have tried the same thing, same problem. I am going to try a optical to coax convertor from my Toshiba TV to the GT 3.0 to see if this works. The noise you are hearing appears to be a digital frequency error, clock rate related.
I was actually working on this last night on my new per. Will update once I check the other option.

Brian
I installed a optical cable from mt Toshiba TV to the GT 3.0. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Let me know if you have better luck and we can compare settings on the TV and GT 3.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #148

Quote:

Brian

I was actually thinking of trying the same thing but haven't had the trailer back home from the storage lot to tinker with it. Looking forward to hear if you have any success. Sounds like getting a replacement radio won't make any difference if you are having the same issue.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #149

Quote:
There is 2 fuses. One for memory use, keeps stations and settings, second one is for the actual system to use for the amplifiers etc.

B
Well removing power both DC and AC didnt work and sent email and phone call to Bob but have had no luck.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #150
Site Team

EDIT- Sept 9, 2013
Bob Fields is no longer working for Concertone.
We do not have a Concertone rep monitoring the FRF site as far as we know.
Concertone e-mail address is

SUPPORT@CONCERTONE.COM

Good Luck!
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
EDIT- Sept 9, 2013 Bob Fields is no longer working for Concertone. We do not have a Concertone rep monitoring the FRF site as far as we know. Concertone e-mail address is SUPPORT@CONCERTONE.COM Good Luck!
Bob was working with me on a Bluetooth issue, as luck would have it he is gone before we get it resolved, I emailed the support line and received the reply below so I'll find a dealer that will run it though for me, my selling dealer is 5 hours away.

Hello,

You need to contact the selling RV dealer for warranty service. We (concertone.com) provide warranty service only for Concertone products purchased from our online store.

Best regards,
Concertone Support
www.concertone.com
2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #152

Ain't That Grand...

So much for customer service in America. One would think that a company would support all of their products, regardless from where it was purchased. Happens will almost all other electronics sold here...
CorpusBragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpusBragg View Post
So much for customer service in America. One would think that a company would support all of their products, regardless from where it was purchased. Happens will almost all other electronics sold here...

Yeah, sounds like more of the same you're on your own bs so many companies 'provide' today.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #154

I have a ZX600. Has worked great until this weekend. No lights or anything come on. I have checked both fuses and they are fine and there is power going to it. Any Ideas?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:03 AM   #155
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
I have a ZX600. Has worked great until this weekend. No lights or anything come on. I have checked both fuses and they are fine and there is power going to it. Any Ideas?
If you checked the fuses in the rear of the unit, you could try a hard reset by removing ALL power (including the constant "clock" power fuse) and reinstalling it. Be careful NOT to warp the unit by over-tightening the mounting screws as that has been known to short out the front circuit board (that contains the face buttons).
Old 05-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
If you checked the fuses in the rear of the unit, you could try a hard reset by removing ALL power (including the constant "clock" power fuse) and reinstalling it. Be careful NOT to warp the unit by over-tightening the mounting screws as that has been known to short out the front circuit board (that contains the face buttons).
What actually happened is someone trip over the shore pwr and battery drained right down. But before all lights went dim, and they where starting to go pretty fast, I plugged the shore line back in and thats when the radio showed no sign of life. Even after pulling both fuses. I will try to diconnect battery tonight and leave it for awhile.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #157
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
What actually happened is someone trip over the shore pwr and battery drained right down. But before all lights went dim, and they where starting to go pretty fast, I plugged the shore line back in and thats when the radio showed no sign of life. Even after pulling both fuses. I will try to diconnect battery tonight and leave it for awhile.
If you did not close the pedestal CB prior to plugging the camper back in, the high current demand may have caused a voltage surge. Since the radio is essentially a computer, the surge may have damaged a component. (Not saying it did, just could have).

One should always connect/disconnect your power cord with the power off to avoid damage to the cord ends (blades and sockets get pitted from arcing on connection). It can also cause voltage spikes/surges if the air conditioner or other high demand item is on (for example).
Old 05-07-2014, 05:25 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
If you did not close the pedestal CB prior to plugging the camper back in, the high current demand may have caused a voltage surge. Since the radio is essentially a computer, the surge may have damaged a component. (Not saying it did, just could have).

One should always connect/disconnect your power cord with the power off to avoid damage to the cord ends (blades and sockets get pitted from arcing on connection). It can also cause voltage spikes/surges if the air conditioner or other high demand item is on (for example).
So to the camper last night, plugged battery back in, put fuse back in and Radio is working again! Must have some kind of protection on the board or something. Just hope it stays up for the seasson. (:
Old 05-07-2014, 06:27 AM   #159
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
So to the camper last night, plugged battery back in, put fuse back in and Radio is working again! Must have some kind of protection on the board or something. Just hope it stays up for the seasson. (:
That is great to hear! You dodged a bullet for sure...
Old 05-19-2014, 04:05 AM   #160

Older concert tone model zx75 has always worked like a champ, powered up camper for the season and nothing will work on the unit.

At first no lights at all, now the power button lights up but will not turn on.

Try the hard reset first?
Db

2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad