Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #181

To Bob Fields: I got the GT-30 installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
I hear what you are saying, but as a manufacturer I definitely believe in the authorized distribution channels as they have agreed as sales partners to take care of you (our mutual customer).

Also to be clear, I can help with troubleshooting instructions, but I don't work for the maker of these units.

I hope it all works out!

Hi Bob, here is my follow up to the unit I purchased from the private seller on eBay.. I received the GT-30 as advertised. All new and everything still sealed. Removed the old unit (ZX500), installed the optional adapter plug kit purchased from concertone, plugged all wires into the new unit and slid it into place. Everything went great. TV, surround sound, outside entertainment center, DVD player, rear bedroom all work . My wife and I took it for a week long test drive over the Denali Highway (a VERY rough, 125 miles of 15 mph dirt road 200 miles north of Anchorage) and everything still works. I hope this unit lasts as long as the last one (8 years).
Thanks for all of your input and concerns.

2006 Lexington 283 GTS
1998 Saturn SL2 toad
Cinerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #182

I have a Concertone RV 2004D that lost the ability to read DVDs 2 years ago (three?) this year when I power it up I get a red light (getting power) and nothing else. No display or sound of any kind. I pulled the unit out, disconnected it, pulled and reinserted the fuse and still get nothing.
Any ideas or am I just screwed?
ZChurchZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #183

ZchurchZ - try a reset?

On my unit you hold down the mode button for 10 seconds to reset it. It should tell you how to do it in your manual. If you need a manual you should be able to download it from concertone.com
Good luck.

2006 Lexington 283 GTS
1998 Saturn SL2 toad
Old 07-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerama View Post
On my unit you hold down the mode button for 10 seconds to reset it. It should tell you how to do it in your manual. If you need a manual you should be able to download it from concertone.com
Good luck.
I have no "mode" button. There is a 'function' button and pressing it (and every other button on the unit) for 10 seconds had no visible effect.

I downloaded the manual and unfortunately there was no troubleshooting section.....
Old 07-25-2014, 07:04 AM   #185
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
If disconnecting the radio from power and reconnecting (the only way to reset these old units) did not work, then unfortunately you will need to replace. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZChurchZ View Post
I have no "mode" button. There is a 'function' button and pressing it (and every other button on the unit) for 10 seconds had no visible effect.

I downloaded the manual and unfortunately there was no troubleshooting section.....
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #186

Assumed as much . Going to try for a car DVD rerofit.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #187

Question about 5.1 audio through optical input

Looks like this question has been touched on but with no real answers. I have a 2015 Rockwood with the Toshiba TV and Genesis GT3.0 system. Initially the audio from the TV was fed to the GT3.0 just by L/R coax via the AU2 setting (because the only thing the TV initially received was OTA broadcasts).

I've just added a satellite receiver and BluRay player that feed the TV via HDMI 2 and 3. The TV will redirect the selected HDMI audio bitstream out its optical connection and, with the appropriate optical cable in place, that comes up as AU3 on the GT3.0.

My problem is that I can't see any way to get any kind of bass/treble/EQ adjustment on the optical input - those options just don't show up on the unit's display when you cycle through the 'Audio setup' functions while on AU3. With no EQ, the audio is weak and flat and the AU2 (stereo) input is far superior.

The manual is no help - barely mentions optical or surround setup at all and nothing about actually using the optical input - and there's nothing better than that skimpy manual on Concertone's website.

Is there a trick I'm missing?

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #188

EQ settings

Dave, it may be that the Genesis settings only affect the internal hardware. Did you try adjusting the settings through your TV audio settings menu?

2006 Lexington 283 GTS
1998 Saturn SL2 toad
Old 07-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #189

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZChurchZ View Post
Assumed as much . Going to try for a car DVD rerofit.

I ditched the GT 3.0 and went with a home receiver and couldn't be happier. The TV can't be used without AC hooked up or an inverter installed anyway. A receiver designed to work with low impedance loads (due to the RV's using "car" speakers) would be preferred. I also replaced the Concertone SW-4 "subwoofer" with a non-powered Bose Acoustimass Bass Module. Unlike the Genesis/Concertone products, this setup actually works great and does not disappoint.

I did consider going the car DVD player route as a friend of mine had just done, but digital inputs for surround sound or HD video (I use a media player exclusively...no DVD's), and on screen menus are incredibly hard to find...if not impossible.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:18 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerama View Post
Dave, it may be that the Genesis settings only affect the internal hardware. Did you try adjusting the settings through your TV audio settings menu?
I checked that out and its not possible... the TV's own audio controls are disabled when the TV speakers are turned off, which you obviously want to do when feeding the audio into the Genesis by either stereo coax or optical (there's a time-delay echo if you don't).

The EQ settings in the Genesis seem to be common for both the AU2 and AU3 inputs. When you change them when on AU2 input (where they have an audible effect) the same settings are present when you switch to the AU3 mode - you can even change them in AU3, they just have no effect.

It seems like the audio EQ module has just been omitted from the sound processing pipeline in AU3 mode. Its possibly just a bug that could be corrected with a software update (this unit probably runs a Linux kernel like so many things do these days - the front panel has an update port for this).

Guess I'll have to contact Concertone support.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:57 PM   #191

And Concertone support replied with the blindingly obvious: "The audio EQ is not functional in AU3 mode, and there is no software update to modify those settings."

Hard to believe someone would design something that way, but good thing I only wasted $10 on the optical cable.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #192

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I have found no way to adjust this. I use analogue ins. With AC going surround does really matter at all.

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #193
Site Team - Lou

For those of you "tweaking" your Gen 3.0 video; DO NOT select 1080p unless you are SURE your TV supports it!

My TV only goes to 1080i and burped on the 1080p setting.

The factory default reset (hold "mode" for 10 sec) DID NOT work to reset the video.

I had to remove the unit from the wall to access the "Composite" video output and connect it to the tv to select the 1080i again.

I was then able to reinstall the unit and use the HDMI again.
Herk

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #194

I have received a email from Crutchfield electronic's. It seems they are back in business with all Concertone parts and models, they have units, remotes and speakers as of the end of December. I know there were some members looking for a remote. I have not talked to them about repairs. So if you blew a speaker or lost your remote they now have them all.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #195
Infractee

I have a concert tone remote if anybody wants it!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:05 PM   #196
Owner - RVtronics

Can you post that email here? Crutchfield never had remotes and a quick search only shows one speaker.

Bob Fields
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-07-2015, 03:48 PM   #197

Concertone remotes and stuff can be found here.

http://www.concertone.com/online_store.html

2020 Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel
Previous Trailer -> 2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #198

Quote:
Can you post that email here? Crutchfield never had remotes and a quick search only shows one speaker.

Bob Fields
Sorry deleted it already, They had a web page that showed every model, I was surprised being I thought they were not producing the product anymore. It looked like the FR site. It showed each model then each remote under it and then speakers. I'll see If I can get some info. Bob I just called them he said they are now out, even speakers, they were listed and shown the G-3 model under RV and big trucks, Said that they will not be carrying that brand anymore it was a closeout, Infact they still haven't changed the web site with the picture of the G-3, I thought they were going out, once you click on the G-3 it still brings up the speaker but they are now out of stock of that already.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #199

Quote:

Bob Fields
Found it, It was sent to me Dec. 20th.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crutchfield0002.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	68226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crutchfield0001.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	68227  

Old 03-31-2015, 01:41 PM   #200
Owner - RVtronics

gljurczyk, that is not from Crutchfield. It is from Concertone (as noted in the from field).
(781) 281-9440

Tags
led pad