Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
gljurczyk, that is not from Crutchfield. It is from Concertone (as noted in the from field).
That came in an advertisement sent to my email box from the Crutchfield team i'm on there mailing list, The Crutchfield advertisers might have gotten it from Concertone, but it came from them not Concertone,also had a bunch of other electronics that they sell with it. When I called them they only had a few speakers left. Also said they where switching units.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #202
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Thats really weird, because the images you posted state right on it that the email was sent from Support@Concertone. Additionally, there is a logo of "Photonic" which is another company owned by the owners of Concertone.

I see your images are labeled Crutchfield, but the email is from Concertone.

Also, my original response was that Crutchfield NEVER carried Concertone remotes - which they did not and do not. They did carry speakers as noted in your most recent post. I was the person working for Concertone and handled the relationship with Crutchfield, so I know this to be absolutely accurate.

Lastly, I see they told you they are "switching units." I just may know something about that... More to follow... :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #203

I have a Concertone ZX75 in a 2009 Wildcat 30lsbs, bought used a month ago. Took it out last weekend and the DVD no longer spins, (2nd day in use). From reading everything and realizing it's an older unit, I'd imagine it's going to need replacing? I'm pretty tapped out, ($$), with the new/used toy and new rig to pull it plus the little things I needed for a first timer 5th wheel owner. Can I live without it. yepper.. do I want to.. no sir.
The Concertone website has a GT-2.0 in the clearance section for $150. that's' a possibility.
Any thoughts on the durability of that model? Any ideas on the difficultly of replacing it? Would I need wire harness converters, etc?

Thanks in Advance!
darencasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #204
Owner - RVtronics

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Concertone/Genesis created the GT2.0 to replace the ZX75. The wiring is the same, BUT the chassis size is a bit different and you will need to do two things. First, ensure, you have 5" of depth available (As they went to a slot loader as opposed to the vertical disk holder) and second you will need to increase the mounting hole width by 1/2". Other than that, should be a relatively simple swap. I noticed the unit you are quoting has a 90 day warranty.

We offer new replacements that are also easy to swap out, but it is double the price (and quadruple the warranty).

Your story of buying a used ZX75 should be a warning to everyone. Concertone and Genesis systems (as well as iRV) are not available from any AUTHORIZED retailers EXCEPT the companies' own websites or Crutchfield & RVTronics. Sellers on eBay, craigslist and other website buy returns, leftovers and who knows what from where. Buyer Beware for you know not where those "good deals" come from and you will most likely end up with a bad system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darencasey View Post
I have a Concertone ZX75 in a 2009 Wildcat 30lsbs, bought used a month ago. Took it out last weekend and the DVD no longer spins, (2nd day in use). From reading everything and realizing it's an older unit, I'd imagine it's going to need replacing? I'm pretty tapped out, ($$), with the new/used toy and new rig to pull it plus the little things I needed for a first timer 5th wheel owner. Can I live without it. yepper.. do I want to.. no sir.
The Concertone website has a GT-2.0 in the clearance section for $150. that's' a possibility.
Any thoughts on the durability of that model? Any ideas on the difficultly of replacing it? Would I need wire harness converters, etc?

Thanks in Advance!
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #205

Thanks for the prompt response Bob!!!! I'll have to seriously consider the options..
Daren
darencasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:07 PM   #206

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Your story of buying a used ZX75 should be a warning to everyone. Concertone and Genesis systems (as well as iRV) are not available from any AUTHORIZED retailers EXCEPT the companies' own websites or Crutchfield & RVTronics. Sellers on eBay, craigslist and other website buy returns, leftovers and who knows what from where. Buyer Beware for you know not where those "good deals" come from and you will most likely end up with a bad system.

It is obvious to me that you are clearly trying to help some of the owners of the products you sell/represent, and I truly do appreciate that. However, the above quoted statement bothers me in so many ways I couldn't avoid responding.

As a retailer of new products, your motivation for discouraging the purchase of those products used is clear to me. Same goes for "new" but from "unauthorized" resellers. Are you not shooting yourself in your own foot though? Whether the unit is purchased new or used, it was still manufactured by the same company. How can you claim to be offering a quality product and at the same time say "you better not buy one used because it is most likely junk" (paraphrasing)? It seems to me that if Genesis/Concertone were a quality product that lasted, there would be no need to warn of getting "junk" when buying one used.

Personally, I also really struggle with companies that operate on a limited distribution business model as you described....it is not in the consumers best interest. I occasionally buy these products because they are sometimes far superior to the easily obtained and cheaper competition (my MaxBrake Brake Controller is a perfect example). However, I have a tough time believing that Genesis/Concertone is such a quality product with all the complaints/problems posted. One of the first things I did to my RV is remove and replace the Genesis 3.0 it came with due to it being defective straight from the factory.

Anyway, my advice to anyone buying anything used, is to not be discouraged by retailers and manufacturers warning of that being a bad idea. My advice to anyone considering buying Genesis/Concertone products (new or used) is to look at other options. Me, I went with a home stereo receiver and couldn't be happier.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #207
Owner - RVtronics

GreenImp,

No worries, conversation is GOOD.

We can debate NEW product distribution practices and how they benefit the customer (as you have also described), but my warning as you quoted is perfectly reasonable and valid.

When you buy products from the channels described WITHOUT warranty and protection from the SELLER, you are taking a risk just as poor darencasey experienced. Regardless of limited or mass distribution, all retailers become authorized in some way (whether through the manufacturer directly or via a distributor) and rarely are ebay/craiglist sellers authorized in any capacity.

In the RV industry, we also have websites that buy what they call closeouts or other specials that in reality can be warranty returns or other defective/returned products that are not suited for use or public sale. While there are many eBay, Craigslist and other sellers that are good and honorable people, there are too many that are unscrupulous, misrepresent the products and don’t warranty the products they sell.

I believe warning people about buying these particular products via these channels is more honorable than standing by and watching others get burned especially as it somehow becomes a poor reflection on the product manufacturers.

I also believe as evidenced by your first comment (which I appreciate BTW) that I am helping owners of products I represent, although I want to be clear yet again, that I have no current affiliation nor am I representing Concertone/Genesis products.

As you can see by my post count, I did not just appear on this forum recently to promote a new product. I have been around for a while and have the scars to prove it!

Happy to discuss the issues in more detail if I missed something…
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #208
Site Team

Going to Crutchfield's website, it says the Genesis Technologies GT-2.0 & 3.0 are both no longer available.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #209
Owner - RVtronics

Correct, these products are no longer available via Crutchfield. They are only available on the Concertone website.

I am sorry if I am being a broken record - I am NOT affiliate with Concertone or Genesis product or the company that makes them in anyway. I am very familiar with the products as I previously did work with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Going to Crutchfield's website, it says the Genesis Technologies GT-2.0 & 3.0 are both no longer available.
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #210

Bob Fields is a Super Good person,when you contact him he Comes up with the answer! Our (Concertone) is still 100% since 2010! Our (Delphi OnStar) took a Hike early in the Game,it also came in the NEW 2010 unit! After contacting (Delphi On Star) they said our unit was (Discontinued in 2006)! Yes the RV Factorys use NOS! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #211

Bob Fields, I recall from old posts that you used to work for Concertone. I see you no longer do. Are you still involved in the RV electronics industry or are you just helping people out here? Reason for my question is that I have a Concertone ZX500, that this past season failed with respect to the CD / DVD player. Therefore, we are unable to play CD or watch movies in the camper. Are you aware of a non-Concertone replacment that will provide the TV tuner with it? Or do you have other options I should look into? This is not my first ZX500 unit as it was replaced once early on when it wouldn't even turn back on after the winter storage period. I have had some minor trouble with these units almost every year I've owned the RV.
hockeydawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #212

I believe Bob Fields is with rvtronics now.
At least that is his pic on the bottom of the page.
Correct me if I am wrong Bob (see link below)

I believe rvtronics has a direct replacement for the concertone products. Same footprint (hole) and same wiring harness (or a kit to convert). Again Bob correct if ...

http://rvtronics.com/about

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2020 Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel
Previous Trailer -> 2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #213
Owner - RVtronics

HI GUYS,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Indeed RVTronics is selling replacement radios as Barney1 has indicated above.

The ZX500 was the last radio built with a TV tuner built into it. The TV digital change over and low, low costs of high quality TV's today don't make including this feature very practical or cost effective. So when you replace your ZX500, you will need to replace your old monitor only "tv" unless you have a cable / satellite box or a digital tuner.

The replacement for your ZX500 would be the iRV66 (iRV66 Fully featured RV Entertainment Source Unit (Controllable via App) with Digital 5.1 Surround Sound | RVTronics) and while the mounting hole is the same size, you will need to rewire the harnesses as the ZX500 is different that the Concertone/Genesis models that followed.

Lets connect directly HockeyDawg12 when you have some time.
(781) 281-9440
Old 06-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #214

I would like to know if there is a way to play MP4 movies from my iPad through the Genesis 3.0 to view on the TV.
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:46 PM   #215
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejknight View Post
I would like to know if there is a way to play MP4 movies from my iPad through the Genesis 3.0 to view on the TV.
Short answer is a qualified yes.

By connecting the video output of your computer, tablet, or phone to a composite video input on the Genesis, you can play MP4 movies on the TV using the HDMI output on the Genesis to the HDMI input on the TV.

As you discovered, the USB port on the front of the Genesis can't spool large MP4 files (bigger than 100 megs or so).

Long answer (and better one if your TV can support it) is to connect a small (up to 2 Terabyte) USB hard drive (not a stick - only 32 Gig max) to the USB port on your Smart LG LED TV. Just select the device using your input control for the TV. Surround Audio will exit the TV via the Fiber Optic port and go into the Fiber Optic input on the Genesis. This will give you 1080i and surround sound to enjoy those MP4s.

If you are coming to the Rally I would be happy to show you how to set it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZX-800 connections.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	79587   Click image for larger version

Name:	_TOSLINK.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	79588   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6428.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	79589  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #216

You can play an MP4 movie on your Genesis 3.0.
The manual (see link below) indicates that the Genesis 3.0 is MP4 compliant. The best way seems to be burning the MP4 onto a disc (not sure what kind). The manual does state MP4s can be played from A USB or SD card but it also says large MP4 files played this way "may" have buffering issues.
I hope this helps - I haven't tried it myself.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/642...page=17#manual

-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Old 06-10-2015, 08:53 PM   #217

Darn it Herk you type faster than me!!

-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Old 06-10-2015, 08:55 PM   #218

Thanks Herk
Will try that this weekend while camping. We won't be able to make it to the rally, have fun!
Ed
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #219
Site Team - Lou

To be fair, I have never tried the MP4 to DVD disk trick.
It may work and I will try one tomorrow.

My 2 Terabyte drive holds about 1800 movies and weighs about 6 ounces.
I am pretty sure you would need a small trailer just to hold that many DVDs even if you could put 4 MP4 movies on each one.

There are 3 USB 3.0 ports on the LG SmartTV (each capable of 2 Terabytes of movies, photos and music).
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #220

I have searched several postings in this forum with no luck. I just purchased a 2013 V-lite with the Genesis 3.0 installed. I ran a fiber cable from my DTV DVR to the appropriate connector on the 3.0. This puts the sound out on Aux 3. The sound is great - minus the sub woofer of course - I get 5.1 so watching a movie is wonderful; however, the sound will randomly go out. I either turn the unit off or back on or cycle through the audio modes to reset the proc. I do not have a remote but I have ordered one.

Anything that may correct this issue - firmware update, etc or would I be better off getting a new system? There is no specific time for the sound cutting out. It could be 15-30 seconds or it could be hours.
Middleburg Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad