Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
BaronBigDog

Concertone--very disappointing

I recently installed a ZX-700 in my 09 Flagstaff and tried to use it to play a disk for the first time last week. I did test it when installed, but only for a few seconds to ascertain that it worked.

The disk played for around 15 minutes with the picture deteriorating to the point that it greyed out and then was gone. The unit still produced good sound, but the tv indicated that I had no signal. I have lost all video output as I cannot activate set up either. No signal. The video cable is properly connected.

The sticker is that I can't get in contact with Concertone. I did get one e mail from Bob Fields that simply questioned what I had already sent. Other than that I have not been able to raise anyone. Bob was very helpful in the past and perhaps he is simply temporarily unavailable, but I am really concerned that Concertone has simply gone away. I have read a lot of posts refering to them as Concertjunk. No warm and fuzzies for the most part.

This unit was an out of warranty replacement for the original unit in the camper and I appreciate the break Concertone gave me, but replacing a failed unit with one that perforrmed even worse leaves me with serious doubts regarding the product line.

This leads me to the following question; is there a unit that will replace the Concertone (size wise) or one that will fit the cutout with minimal modification? I have never had so many issues with one camper as I have had with this Flagstaff and the Concertone is just the icing on the cake. I am attempting to replace failed items with similar, but from competitive manufacturers.

In truth I have had more problems with the Flagstaff than my four previous units. Seems if it can go wrong it has, but that not withstanding if anyone out there knows of a suitable replacement for the Concetone I would appreciate your letting me in on the make and model.

I purchased the camper after it had been used one time so it was that, used. Do they have a lemon law for campers? Mine should have been branded "Sunkist". Of course having been used I probably cannot invoke any such law anyway.
BaronBigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Most of the new campers are now coming with Jensen units. Sorry, I don't know the model number. Might take a look at their website.

Sorry for your problems. Hope you can hang in there.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #3

Is your video cable in good condition. I would try another cable to see if it is the problem. Also have you tried another dick to see if it is the problem. If it is the unit I am sure that they will replace it with another one. I like my concertone and the quality is not worse than other makes. We never had any issues with it and I use it all the time.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

This was my solution.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ures-3888.html

As Windrider pointed out, this is the unit going in the new Surveyors. Would assume that is true for Flagstaff as well. Good luck.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #5

Have not had one problem with ours in 13 months. We use it every weekend plus took 4 trips through 9 states for a total of 42 nights on the road this spring and summer so it did its share of bouncing around and still works great.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote