Old 03-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
The RV Industry and the Auto Industry handle warranties differently. Auto dealers are REQUIRED BY CONTRACT to service warranty. RV DEALERS ARE NOT. You cannot compare the two. So the fact that the local dealers would not service your warranty issue is NOT a surprise. This has been discussed many times.

My "man up" is in reference to your personal choice - to purchase your RV from someone not local to you (and hence can service your warranty issues). Now, I understand from THIS exchange that your location is based on extenuating circumstances, not choice (as MANY, MANY others are). I can certainly relate to that and you SHOULD have added to your need request the reason you could not return to your selling dealer instead of EXPECTING/DEMANDING something out of the ordinary.

I am also surprised to learn that you are complaining of reception issues. My impressions (right or wrong) have been that you have complained about sound quality which is completely different. I still would have required some level of validation, but as other threads have shown I have not taken those complaints lightly.

You and ronp can agree in bad assumptions about how we run our business if you wish, but thankfully I have enough votes of confidence I can live with that. I will just need to continue to refute the untrue and unproven.

Please let me know when to expect your unit and we will go from there...

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #12

seadoomx..................

Amid all of the back and forth's, I neglected to respond to your offer for the ZX75 you have. I want you to know that I do appreciate your offer. However, after seeing the real quality of the ZX75, and reading all of the prior posts, it is quite evident that I need to cut my loses now, and move on to a better unit. Even our local Forest River dealer, who happens to be one of the largest seller of Forest River products in the nation, has absolutely nothing good to say about the Concertone units. They have apparently spent a lot of money trying to satisfy customers also.
So, I have ordered another unit. I will use this one for an am/fm radio in my wood workshop , if it lasts long enough to do that.

Once again, thanks for the offer.

T

Old 03-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Man, if you never broke that door you would still be satisfied with your Concertone and this entire thread would not have happened. But because you did break your door you now state the entire world has nothing good to say about us.

Who is your dealer? I will visit him personally to discuss.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #14

Cool

Bob,

While on your road trip maybe you should check out the two dealerships that refused my Concertone warranty work!

But maybe they already know what was passed on to ronp...
Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronp View Post
seadoomx..................

Amid all of the back and forth's, I neglected to respond to your offer for the ZX75 you have. I want you to know that I do appreciate your offer. However, after seeing the real quality of the ZX75, and reading all of the prior posts, it is quite evident that I need to cut my loses now, and move on to a better unit. Even our local Forest River dealer, who happens to be one of the largest seller of Forest River products in the nation, has absolutely nothing good to say about the Concertone units. They have apparently spent a lot of money trying to satisfy customers also.
So, I have ordered another unit. I will use this one for an am/fm radio in my wood workshop , if it lasts long enough to do that.

Once again, thanks for the offer.

T
Your welcome!
I did neglect to tell you the AM/FM on mine does not work...it would be good for parts, or Gallaghers Sledge-a-Matic!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #16

Wow, so much negativity on this forum. We're anxiously awaiting our Rockwood 8293RKSS, which will be our first TT. we researched everything thoroughly, but didn't pay a lot of attention to the sound system, seeing as it wasn't high on our list of "musts." Don't get me wrong, it will be used, but it wasn't the deciding factor in our decision to buy a Rockwood. We looked at buying at online dealers. We have four Rockwood or Flagstaff dealers within our area, a max 2-hour drive. We went to two area RV shows and spoke to four different dealers. One outright beat the price of the online dealers and two were WAY over. We decided to go with a dealer 45 minutes from our house who had the lowest price. The first question I asked the first dealer was "will you service our unit if we buy it from an online dealer?" His answer, in a round about way, was an emphatic "no." That ALSO influenced our decision and was the number 2 reason why we went with a local dealer. Thanks to the negativity on this forum, I'll now be expecting the worst when it comes to my sound system. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised and I hope to not have any contact with Mr. Fields.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #17

seadoomx,
do you still have the zx75 for sale? i need it for parts. ironically, also for the cd door! Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #18

Thumbs up

Yes I do...$40.00 including shipping! I take PayPal too...