Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #1

Concertone ZX 75

Does anybody know where I might get parts for a Cocertone ZX 75? All I need is the CD/DVD cover. I have a 2010 28RKBS Wildcat, and the ZX75 is mounted only 2 inches from the living room slide. My wife didn't notice that the door to the player had opened during travel, and it was riped off when the slide was opened. The rest of the unit works fine. Even if I could find a defe3ctive unit that I could remove the door from would be great. My unit is only about 14 months old. It appears that Concertone wants 149.00 for a rebuilt unit, but all I need is a 2.00 plastic lid. I have emailed Concertone's Bob Fields but have not received an answer as of yet. But I certainly will not spend 149.00 on this little piece of plastic.
Any info or help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #2

I hate to break it to you, but you're probably up s$#t creek on that one. Just as if you dropped your laptop or iPad on concrete. One of those moments.

Odds are you will not find parts, and even if you did - it may not be as easy as you think to replace it.

It may hurt, but you should consider the $150 unit from Concertone - not a bad idea.

Good luck.

* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #3

Thanks Denis. You are right . There is no getting parts or assistance from Concertone, although they do have the parts available to repair units that are sent back on exchange. Replacing the door is a piece of cake. I'm in the electronics business and looked at an identical unit that a friend has. It would take about 5 minutes to change. However, I will never own another Concertone unit, because of the support issues. I am ordering a Jensen AWm 970 to replace it. I would rather spend 250.00 on the Jensen than 149.00 on the Concertone .
Regardless, I do appreciate your reply.
Ron
Old 03-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #4

Thumbs up

ronp...

I have a zx75 you can purchase for $55.00 including shipping (lower 48 states). It's five months old and removed from my Surveyor for a better unit!

Let me know...Darrel
Old 03-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
"better" is subjective. That is why there is so many flavors of beer, cars and oh, RV's! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #6

Come by anytime to hear the subjectively "better" sound and quality of the Jensen replacement...
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadoomx View Post
Come by anytime to hear the subjectively "better" sound and quality of the Jensen replacement...
you probably fixed the bad wiring when you did the installation!
(781) 281-9440
Old 03-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #8

Thumbs down

Bob,

You have to stop blaming Forest River and the consumer...The wiring issue is in the unit! If you have paid attention to my posts, I have checked and cross-check wiring, added a antenna signal booster, and even tried the unit on a separate speaker system! It's a defective unit!!

Now, I know what your going to say next....take it to the dealer for warranty replacement!

Yep...right!

Now you can blame Forest River...I have yet to find a dealer willing to handle the claim since I'm based in Florida, and traveling. With that said, as a Rep, man up and admitt I have a defective unit!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
Owner - RVtronics

Actually it really takes me being more of a man to stand up to you and not admit you have a defective unit UNTIL I ACTUALLY SEE IT because your defective complaint is completely subjective. You want to bully me into admitting something you have not proven. Believe me, it would be much easier and less time consuming for me to just let it ride and not respond to you. In fact as I think about it, it would definitely be cheaper than the time it takes me to respond to you each time.

I apologize of I cannot remember the details of each of our conversations, but my responses are necessary to ensure others (who may not have checked their wiring or who do not understand acoustic properties) get the information they need. Other than of course you donít like our radio.

I donít take it as personal, but like you defending your position Ė I need to defend mine. As seen through many other interactions here, I have no problem taking care of problems I know to be real or that we are directly responsible for. In fact, we have also taken care of problems that are not caused by us in some cases. I am just glad that I personally know of lots and lots of people who are not only happy with their Concertone products, but with our responses to their issues & questions. Unfortunately, it seems I will never get that chance with you, but maybe we can agree to disagree and move on.

You also bring up another great point of contention for those of you who purchase your RV's from a dealer some distance from you. I throw it back at you and say, "man up, you put yourself in the situation that does not give you access to service based on your own purchase decision." It is not up to anyone other than you to figure it out and don't throw that back on me. You know warranty is handled through your selling dealer, but you chose to buy in this manner anyway.

If your product definitely demonstrated defective symptoms (like the disk would not load,etc), I am sure you could have gotten it replaced under warranty, but since you just donít like the sound and refuse to bring it to your dealer; you really should not expect anyone to just take your word for it.

That said and after all that - I would love to listen to your unit and give you my opinion of the sound. You can send it to me at:
Mailing/Shipping Address
4000 E. Bristol St, STE. 3
Elkhart, IN 46514
(574) 343-1165 - Office
If I find it to be defective, I will have it exchanged through the appropriate channel. This is not an admission of failing of the process although, I guess it could be since you have failed to follow the process, but rather the chance for you to have your claims validated or not.

I will leave it in your hands, but I would think a chance to prove yourself would be welcome...
(781) 281-9440
Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #10

Cool

Bob,

You are correct...we agree to disagree!

One area I will defend is the purchase of my Surveyor! As with everyone on this forum, selling price is a factor in the purchase. The purchase of the RV from the dealer I chose was my decision! Now, at the same time, I purchased a new car for my wife, and within 30 days had a defective part! The dealership where we are presently staying had no issues at all taking care of my defective part under warranty! No...it was not the dealership I purchased the car from. So, to defend myself on your response to man up to the dealer...I have contacted the two dealerships that sell Forest River in this area, and was told your selling dealer will have to handle the claim! Can't man up much more than that...

Yes, I could pack up, drive 400 miles to the selling dealer, and most likely had the unit replaced. But now I'm at an impasse...travel to the dealership, pay the cost of fuel to get there, and stay at the dealership until the unit arrives, this was not an option! I'm caring for my parents, one of which has cancer, and cannot venture too far...

So, to draw this to an end, that is why I contacted you for assistance via this forum!

Bottom line...the unit has a defective am/fm tuner! After looking at all the options, and your stance on subjectively defective, my best option was to replace the unit with another brand!

I have to agree with ronp...your company is making a killing on refurbished units, and based on this forum, quailty and assistance is poor!

I will "Thank-You" for your offer to send the unit to you and your Company, but this should have been offered after I posted the tuner was defective!

Respectfully,

Darrel Glans