Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Knower of Some Things
Cool Concertone ZX600 Success Story

Hi, all. New member here.

Been bumming around the 'net looking for some new info on these concertones, this seems like a great source of information, and to share experiences. I purchased my unit from an unnamed dealer last spring (I don't want to trash anybody), and have had nothing but trouble trying to get them to look at my Concertone ZX600 stereo. When they finally did, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. It didn't like to eject my DVD, I had no sound through my rear speakers, and had an incessent humming through the front left speaker. They said they tried a new ZX600, but nothing changed, so they classified the problems I was having as "normal." The rest of the fifth wheel is great, though. I love the rest of my Puma, but that stereo can make for an absolutely horrible vacation on a miserable rainy day.

A brief search turned up another forest river dealer in Muskegon, All Seasons RV. Man, these guys were great!!! They were able to get me in the very next day. They acknowledged that the Concertones have been rather problematic (I guess they are aware of the isses that we are almost all having, too), and even had a pre-tested ZX600 stereo in stock for just such an emergency.

When I got to All Seasons the next day, I was directed to pull around to the back of the shop, where the tech (I apologize, but his name eludes me at this time, Jim? Maybe?) immediately got to work on my camper. It took only about 5 minutes to change out the stereo, and use one of my DVD's to test it. Surprise! all the problems were gone immediately!! I wonder if the other dealer even looked at the thing.

Another special thank you to the staff at All Seasons RV. I think the service manager's name was Ted. He and I talked about all the bad feedback out there about these stereos, and he said he would be happy to help anyone out there that is experiencing problems with their Forest River trailers. All Seasons is one of the few dealers I have found that is willing to service even the products that they didn't sell. It's nice that there so close to me. He said that any Forest River dealer can service pretty much any Forest River product, but they often play it like they can't (or decline to) service the trailers they didn't sell.

I wish I could share some contact information about them, but I don't want to upset the apple cart by giving away too much free advertising for anyone. If anyone would like their contact info, please PM me. Or, with permission from an administrator, I will post it.

PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
to FRF. Your story is unique in there hasn't been much positive things said about the Concertone Units. There is a thread for Good Dealers and Not so Good Dealers. You could post your positive experience there as well. Hopefully your Concertone Issues are all behind you.

It's time to get Camping! Spring is here!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
Site Team
It's nice to hear a success story- especially with a concertone!!

I am not a moderator here but I see absolutely no reason not to give
kudos to a good dealer.
Go ahead and post their name and city!

I agree that a bad concertone can ruin a rainy day stuck in the
trailer. I've "been there done that" myself.
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Knower of Some Things
Well,the concertone doesn't sound nearly as good as my Harmon-Kardon system at home, but at least it functions now.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote

american/canadian sport