Old 01-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #101

There's no need for the capitals bob. That's the equivelant of yelling on the internet and is an inflamitory and confrontational process.

I'll make this easy for you. You can fill in whatever the appropriate blank is:

The problem is the TV because.......

The problem is the ZX700 because....

The problem is ....... because.........

The purpose of my posting "reams of information", is to inform those reading the thread. They can make thier own decisions as to accuracy. So you can see, it's not to take "pot shots" at you or concertone. If I'm right, that's fine. If I'm wrong, that's fine too. This is what happens in the absence of the "experts" stepping up and disseminating the "correct" information.

Feel free to post the real reason the picture jumps on the screen of all three of my TV's, varying from moderately priced to very expensive when none of them do it on composite out on any DVD player or Set top TV box I've tried. If it were these TV's/monitors, they would "jump" on any DVD player that was using a composite out.

How about this? Post up the video output mode of the ZX700 and what standard it adhere's to. Surely there's no corporate "secrets" there....

As to factual and non-factual information, you haven't posted anything factual either. Just alluisions and innuendos towards what the problem/fix is. That's just damage control, not communicating from a MARKETING and SALES VP (see, capitals are pretty inflamitory aren't they? )

Anything besides the reason why the picture "jumps" is nothing more than argumentative.

I'm not an expert on this stuff, I never professed to be. However, you have given the impression that you are and that you know what the underlying cause is. Yet you do not give any information other than to say "we know what it is".

Well, to put the speculation and "innacurrate information" to rest is a very easy problem to solve on your part:

the problem is the TV sets because.......

The problem is the ZX700 because........

The problem is ..........because........

I'm not spoiling for an internet fight here, I just want to know definitively know what the problem is. Then I can stop wondering and/or chasing my tail looking for a resolution and have some confidence the OEM can actually produce a resolution to the isue.

I don't think that is too much to ask....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #102
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Your ongoing responses are probably why no other manufacturer will bother with forums in general. You have the luxury of not caring about ALL of the relationships one must have in order to do business in a small industry.

If I had not responded to any of your posts - you would have stopped after a couple. But because I tried to answer you, I essentially gave you the green light to keep up with your "speculations" and innuendo creating pages and pages of nothing.

You spurned my invitation to speak with me personally as others have and you challenge our technical specs with NO basis of authority. I don't need to give you the actual measurement as you would not know what to do with it besides “Google it” and then you would find we are within specs.

I have actually answered your questions MULTIPLE TIMES, but you chose to overlook those as “vague” and again I say it makes much more sense for a TV manufacturer to cheapen their circuitry in this regard since they are hoping people like you will not use the composite input.

I will continue to respond to your factual questions or comments about Concertone and update you on a solution for your TV problem as it becomes available.

(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #103

Hey Bob

I have had issues with my concertone (ZX690) but to me its not a big deal. My other camper was a 2001 Forst River Shamrock and the Concertone worked just fine until I sold the camper last spring (its still working with new owner). My 2011 Rockwood has some issues wit the ZX690, mostly intermitent but its not that big a deal. If someone buys a new RV they can get a replacement unit under waranty and stop their bitching. I have owned cell phones, GPS units, microwaves, TV's....that broke down within a few weeks. So I took the things back to where I bought them for replacement. For the money, Concertones are just fine considering the environment they are put thru and the fact that for most people the unit sits iddle for months. So in a nut shell, if it don't work get it fixed, if you don't like it change it, and if you don't want it don't order it. Bob, don't let these people get to you. People spend hundreds every couple of years on cell phones that only last a couple of years, why don't they complain about that!
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #104
The Old Man

Bob

Thanks for hanging in here...as you said, NO other manufacturers are willing to put themselves on the hook and deal directly with the consumers the way you have.

I've only had my Concertone one year, but so far I haven't had any problems other than radio reception. However, in my old TT I also had poor radio reception so it's not likely the Concertone's fault.

I like my television/DVDs for those rainy days, but I didn't buy a camper to watch TV. It might be a bit nicer to have HD, but that is a pretty low priority as far as I'm concerned!

Keep up the good work!

Willis

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #105

Not intended to hi-jack the thread, but there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with capitalizing, bolding or underlining a word or phrase in forum posts (or emails, for that matter) for the purposes of emphasizing the word or phrase. It's a totally different thing than capitalizing the entire post. Just MHO of course.

...VTX-AL
Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #106
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Thanks guys!

My getting involved with discussions in things other than Concertone should demonstrate my enjoyment of being part of this COMMUNITY (EMPHASIS INTENDED).
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #107
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
I've only had my Concertone one year, but so far I haven't had any problems other than radio reception. However, in my old TT I also had poor radio reception so it's not likely the Concertone's fault.
Hey Willis!
I had bad radio reception as well. While I was swapping
my Concertone for a Jensen I did my best to clean up that
rat's nest behind there left by the installers at FR.
My radio antenna is on the roof directly over the cabinet
that held my Concertone. They had installed a radio antenna
with 7 or 8 feet of cable- maybe more. I cut it near the
plug that goes in the back of the radio and cut out
several feet of extra cable. I soldered the ends back
together and taped carefully.

I have markedly better reception now but I've got a
Jensen. Can't say if the shorter antenna cable is helping
but it couldn't hurt. Also found the ground for the
antenna was not attached. I fastened the antenna ground
to the battery neg leads up there. I guess that's "ground"
as far as it goes. Anyway I can get a local PBS station
clearly now in my driveway that was weak and full of
hiss with the old Concertone.

Maybe you should check behind yours and see if
the antenna wire is extra long and if it is grounded.
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #108

I just read through all 11 pages of this thread hoping to find a solution, but to no avail. I am camping for the first time in my new 2010 Wildcat 34FLR fifth wheel. I have the video jump issue with a ZX75 and a 32" Toshiba. I frequently use component video with my standard definition DirecTV receivers when camping and never have an issue with either a 19" Toshiba or a 26" Vizio. I am anxiously awaiting a solution, although I haven't been waiting as long as some of you have!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #109
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesm View Post
Hey Bob
So in a nut shell, if it don't work get it fixed, if you don't like it change it, and if you don't want it don't order it.
I also applaud Bob being here and trying to sort out
these problems.
But you over simplify many of us. I bought my TT at a
RV show and the dealer is 200 miles away. I'd never
seen a Concertone before and it seemed to work at
the show.
Once I got it home I immediately found it would not
turn down even on volume level 1.
I called Concertone repeatedly and always got voice mail
and they wouldn't call me back. I had to take the unit
out myself and UPS it back to the dealer at my cost.
The dealer sent me another that wasn't much if any better.
So I did it again. Number 3 worked the best of the bunch
but not all that great.
I got tired of messing with it and just settled.
It died last year a year out of warranty.

The folks here who are screaming have good reason.
Bob is trying to help and hopefully Concertone will
be able to drastically improve their quality control.
At the moment it seems like Bob is bailing as fast as he can
but the Titanic is still sinking........

As far as your line about "don't order it" I hear you.
My next TT won't have a Concertone.
That's most likely about 2 years away.
In the meantime if the complaints dry up and folks start
to send in glowing reports maybe I'll change my mind
but remember the old adage-- burn me once shame
on you. Burn me twice shame on me.
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #110

Bob,

Personally I have not had any problems with my unit and actually like it. Have the 26 inch Toshiba TV. The DVD quality is certainly not great, but jumping around is minimal and occurs mainly for a few seconds after pause/play.

However, I read your statement "solution coming to make up for this TV short coming" as 'a solution is coming'.

Sorry, but you will never convince me that all these folks (almost identical) problems are 100% caused by their TV's. This does not require a response as I'm just stating a fact.

Larry

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote