Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #121

We purchased a Forester 2011 3171 and we are having the same issues with the ZX700
fourpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #122

We have the same problem with a 2011 Rockwood 8317RKSS
Old 03-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #123

Go back and read post number 120 or click:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...deo-10740.html

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #124

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Installed video filter

Received a video filter from Forest River, provided by Concertone. Installed it yesterday, tested DVD with my Toshiba TV in my 8285WS, CRAP IT WORKS !!!!!!!!! No more jumping picture from the DVD.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Umm, I just want to know what the findings are. If there are any.

Problem with the unit?

Problem with the install?

If problem with the install, I'd like a list of things I can check before I bring it back to the dealer. IE: something I can fix myself.

I can pretty much guarantee, anything my Dealer can do with the audio video system on my RLBSS831, I can do it better and to a higher standard....

Not being confrontational, just looking for a resolution to the jumping video problem. Be it replacement of the unit itself or an adjustment of attaching components.

P.S. My video does not "jump" with a stand alone dvd player attached to the Toshiba in my trailer.

P.P.S. I do not have video sync problems with the audio track. At least, not that I've noticed or maybe it's just a "not yet"....
Great white I like your thoughts. I agree! I'm no expert electrician, but I can still do a video unit instal better than a dealer. So taking it to them is a large waste of time I have found. Have you fixed yours yet?
ewwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
Received a video filter from Forest River, provided by Concertone. Installed it yesterday, tested DVD with my Toshiba TV in my 8285WS, CRAP IT WORKS !!!!!!!!! No more jumping picture from the DVD.
Dude! Why does your fix work but not mine? So frustrating.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #127

Hello, OP here. Based on Great whites comments (page 9) I can now safely assume replacing the tv will not fix the issue. Forest River is now sending me a 4th unit. Supposedly concertones newest unit (a GT3) in hopes it will fix the jumping video issue. I can't find a single mention of this model on the web. But reluctantly, I will try it out. What choice do I have???
Old 05-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #128
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Wow - if they are sending you a GT3 you really are getting an upgrade. HDMI & Bluetooth on top of a bunch of other stuff - I know a few guys here will be jealous...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #129

OK! I got my GT3.0 as a replacement for my zx700 the other day and just installed it. I am happy to announce that the video no longer jumps. In fact, partly probably because of the new hdmi port, the video quality is now outstanding. Although, now I get this weird low quick base sound coming out of my subwofer every couple seconds. But via the menu I am able to turn off the subwoofer so I'm ok with it for now. Still, a much much lesser of two evils. I am a happy camper again!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #130

I have a ZX 75 installed by my dealer and fairly happy with it so far... Plays CDs/DVDs through the coach speakers fine...my question is. ...if I am just watching television can the sound be run through the zx so I can hear through the coach speakers also?? If so, how do I hook it up ?
Thnks. Wolfie
wolfcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcat1 View Post
I have a ZX 75 installed by my dealer and fairly happy with it so far... Plays CDs/DVDs through the coach speakers fine...my question is. ...if I am just watching television can the sound be run through the zx so I can hear through the coach speakers also?? If so, how do I hook it up ?
Thnks. Wolfie
Mine already works like you've asked about. Take a look at the owner's manual and verify that everything is wired as recommended. Maybe that will show something.
mblanks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #132
Site Team - Lou

As always, photos of the TV connections and wall plate/cables will help us help you. We have no clear idea of what is available on your particular TV as even the same model year can have different TVs installed.

Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote