Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
So, I have address the "honest feedback" people have over and over again. If I did not care what you had to say, I would not be here getting into the line of fire. I appreciate you saying "you don't mean to rag", but you do and it does not make me respond any faster. If you need to vent, fine - you can even call and yell at me if it makes you feel better.

I wont get into the he said, she said of your response, but it is very easy for anyone in the food chain to blame someone or something else. Many people here also have units that work perfectly fine, including people who bought units that were built at the same time as yours.

I have demonstrated I am interested in facts, which is why I ask questions no one else seems to. In this case, I now discover you are reporting a NEW symptom ALONG with your video "jumping" issue. A symptom (un-syncing) I have not seen or heard anyone else report, just as the video "jumping" issue is reported by a handful of people.

My next question would be, was the video "jumping" as it was "un-syncing"?

I apologize if you are annoyed with my questions, but it is the only thing that will get to real answers. Just saying something is broke does not help anything, especially when there is a good chance it ain't broke.

As a general update and as previously reported, the ZX700 has been tested in a number of scenarios and with a number of TVs. It's video output is easily within specifications and it performs as expected on the TV's. The "jumping" issue is NOT a consistent or internal issue within the ZX700 and we are looking at what else it may be.

I apologize we have not identified a particular cause for the small number of cases that have been reported and believe me, I will notify you as soon as I have something to report.

Lastly, I totally understand your RV is broke and not just your entertainment system. I care, I care, I care - really!

Best regards,
Bob,
To answer your question , the audio problem was happening as well as the video jumping. The video would slowly get further and further behind the audio the longer you played the dvd with out stopping it and restarting. The sreen would jump every few seconds.
Do you know, are the zx700's on back order from concertone or is that just an excuse from my dealer possibly? Figure you might know being a concertone employee. Its been on order nearly two and a half months all ready. first trip of the season planned at the end of March. Just wanting to find out where the hold up is, A: Dealer, B: FR, or C: Concertone.
wfkssvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #62

Umm, I just want to know what the findings are. If there are any.

Problem with the unit?

Problem with the install?

If problem with the install, I'd like a list of things I can check before I bring it back to the dealer. IE: something I can fix myself.

I can pretty much guarantee, anything my Dealer can do with the audio video system on my RLBSS831, I can do it better and to a higher standard....

Not being confrontational, just looking for a resolution to the jumping video problem. Be it replacement of the unit itself or an adjustment of attaching components.

P.S. My video does not "jump" with a stand alone dvd player attached to the Toshiba in my trailer.

P.P.S. I do not have video sync problems with the audio track. At least, not that I've noticed or maybe it's just a "not yet"....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
P.S. My video does not "jump" with a stand alone dvd player attached to the Toshiba in my trailer.
Same here. Interesting don't you think? and we're told it's not the unit itself.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #64
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfkssvlite View Post
Same here. Interesting don't you think? and we're told it's not the unit itself.
I challenge you to hook up another TV - I'll bet a dinner there is NO jumping. :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #65
Infractee

Quote:
I challenge you to hook up another TV - I'll bet a dinner there is NO jumping. :-)
Bob, are you saying that the Toshiba TV is causing a problem?
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #66

My brother-in law pointed out a few years ago that the sound and picture weren't syncronized on his big screen t. v. Noticed the same on mine when I got home, the sound was ahead of the picture. Haven't paid any attention to it lately. Have the ZX700 in my trailer, but haven't used it enough to see if I have a problem.
Sent the first unit back because the remote didn't work. Same thing happened to the second one. Before sending it back, got on some forum that said to push the zx700 button on the remote. That fixed the problem on the second one anyhow.
Was never able to set the time on either unit, but then there is a large clock on the wall. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #67

Quote:
Have not tried that yet. Will give it a shot. I did discover today that if I come out of my SAT box and BACK feed signal through the ant. connection right off the booster (turned off) which goes to all tv's, the picture does not jump and I also get surround sound through my zx700. I am bypassing the zx700 for video but I'm not exactly sure how the audio ties in there. If I send my SAT signal through the AV jacks input I had the jumping. Have you noticed any pattern with certain tv brands having this issue? Mine is a Toshiba.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #68

Quote:
For the love of God Bob!

Stop beating around the bush if you know what's wrong, and tell us something concrete.

If it's the TV, then fine say so.

If it's the hook up, power imbalance, install procedures, or something else completely, then same deal; Say so.

If they're not exactly sure what it is, that's also fine. But at least give us an idea instead of what now amounts to "teasing".

Parts to change, trouble shooting procedures, return it to the dealer.....whatever.

I really don't care either way, I just want it fixed (or fix it myself).

Soon, I'll be forced to return it to the dealer (warranty stuff) and it will be on the way back to Indiana (or where ever Concetone is located). If these forums/threads didn't exist, it would have gone back to the dealer a couple months ago. But, since you profess to be a company rep, I'm waiting on a possible solution to be posted first in the hopes of saving me some frustration with unneeded returns and wait times.

For the record, I'm not mad or fed up no matter how this post may be interpreted.

But I am getting a little frustrated with this lack of concrete direction on what to do to resolve it.

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 01-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #69
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne anthony View Post
Sent the first unit back because the remote didn't work. Same thing happened to the second one. Before sending it back, got on some forum that said to push the zx700 button on the remote. That fixed the problem on the second one anyhow.
Was never able to set the time on either unit, but then there is a large clock on the wall. Wayne
Communicating Operations has been a challenge and I am working on an FAQ and video Help Section for our new website.

Sometimes we over look the obvious! Me absolutely included.
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #70
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
For the love of God Bob!

Stop beating around the bush if you know what's wrong, and tell us something concrete.

Boy how I wish we could just go out for a coffee or beer!

As Joe Kennedy taught his famous sons, you Don't write what you can speak. You don't speak what you can whisper and you do not whisper that which you can nod. How is that for a lesson regarding integrity - that way they never ACTUALLY lie!

You should all recognize that I am in a sensitive position and while I have been upfront with plenty of info in retrospect I probably should not have shared all that I have.

This particular issue has been interesting (from a technical perspective) and frustrating for users and ALL involved. Clearly I have been 'hoping" for a resolution before now, but I also need to RESTATE the FACT that if you hook up your ZX700 to another TV it will work perfectly fine.

I DO NOT recommend returning either your ZX700 or TV to your dealer at this time as a simple solution should be available shortly - sorry for the TEASE!

If your RV is fast approaching the end of your warranty period then that is a different issue and my recommendation does NOT apply to you. Clearly you must document the issue in order to have it resolved under warranty IF applicable.

Hang in there - we'll get er' done!

Please, if you have individual questions, comments or concerns feel free to call me. That way I may speak that which I may not wish to write...
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #71

ok, so here's a question for anyone out there that has had the "screen jump" going on and wondering whats going on. Bob said try another tv and he bets it won't jump. Don't know if he ment different brand or type (plasma, LCD, tube, whatever...) so what does everybody have or tried with the zx700 and got screen jump? Maybe this will help him in this quest to figure this out. As for myself I have a Toshiba LCD flat screen. 2 of them to be exact. jumps on both when hooked up through video port from the zx700. Does not jump when hooked up through the cable/ant. port. Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #72

Bob,
Still waiting on an answer if the zx700's are indeed on backorder like my dealer told me or not? If you don't know, please just say so. Just trying to figure out who's stalling. Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #73
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
ok, so here's a question for anyone out there that has had the "screen jump" going on and wondering whats going on. Bob said try another tv and he bets it won't jump. Don't know if he ment different brand or type (plasma, LCD, tube, whatever...) so what does everybody have or tried with the zx700 and got screen jump? Maybe this will help him in this quest to figure this out. As for myself I have a Toshiba LCD flat screen. 2 of them to be exact. jumps on both when hooked up through video port from the zx700. Does not jump when hooked up through the cable/ant. port. Thanks
Please re-read post #70 - we need no further action to "help". I know your frustrated, but hang in there.
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #74
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Bob,
Still waiting on an answer if the zx700's are indeed on backorder like my dealer told me or not? If you don't know, please just say so. Just trying to figure out who's stalling. Thanks
I have asked if you have INDIVIDUAL questions you should contact me directly. NOT everything is open for public discussion. I am happy to discuss.
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #75

That's it.

I'm going to investigate this on my own and you know darned well I'll post what I find.

Good or bad.

I understand when you work for a company, you gotta "toe the line" and be careful what you let out.

But this is just too much now......

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 01-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #76
Owner - RVtronics

Which part is too much now???

My non-answer on the video issue or the "backorder" scenario or my unwillingness to discuss EVERYTHING on public?

1. Video issue - Not a Concertone Specific Issue, be patient and you will be rewarded.

2. Backorder Scenario - Not an issue that affects the general population nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of anyone beyond my company (which as you recall is NOT Forest River). How can you ask me to answer a questions or validate what they have told you? Forest River is a valued client of my company and I want to support their efforts of course!

3. Unwillingness to discuss EVERYTHING publicly = GOOD BUSINESS! I have offered MANY people the option to speak with me personally (including you great white). While some have taken me up on that others haven't - a personal choice for those involved. My direct phone number is on every post here - so I really do NOT see how I am ducking any questions, but yes choosing which ones to discuss publicly. That does not make me a bad guy (or a mindless pawn "toeing the line") but more likely one who want to share complete and accurate information when and where APPROPRIATE.

So in the end, which point am I really debating here???
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #77
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
ok, so here's a question for anyone out there that has had the "screen jump" going on and wondering whats going on. Bob said try another tv and he bets it won't jump. Don't know if he meant different brand or type (plasma, LCD, tube, whatever...) so what does everybody have or tried with the zx700 and got screen jump? Maybe this will help him in this quest to figure this out. As for myself I have a Toshiba LCD flat screen. 2 of them to be exact. jumps on both when hooked up through video port from the zx700. Does not jump when hooked up through the cable/ant. port. Thanks
Ok, here is a possibility. Each TV implements the standard of the connection differently and there may be an issue with the input you are using. The HDMI input on my home TV flickers red screen occasionally when the Comcast DVR box is hooked up with an HDMI cable. If I use the component outputs on the cable box and the component input on the TV; no red screen issue.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #78
Owner - RVtronics

I guess I also feel like IF you just reread post #70 you will get the information I am trying to communicate. If NOT, please call me so we can SPEAK! My typing skills must not be as good as I thing they are.

wfkssvlite ONLY - you may have another issue since you are the ONLY ONE reporting that your audio and video are out of sync, but I would LOVE to see that for sure. Does it happen with every DVD???
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #79

Quote:
I guess I also feel like IF you just reread post #70 you will get the information I am trying to communicate. If NOT, please call me so we can SPEAK! My typing skills must not be as good as I thing they are...
I'm not "spoiling" for a fight or anything like it here Bob so I'm not going down that road.

But I'm a direct and deliberate man, I give direct questions and answers, and I expect direct answers. Call it an occupational hazard of someone who flys Search and Rescue helicopters, I have little time or use for beating around the bush.

Post #70 said nothing other than give me a call.

Post #76 is the closest you've come to any kind of explanation to the possible problem (not the concertone, so it must be the tv, the install, the connecting bits, etc).

This means there's no point returning the unit to the dealer. It wil just be a month or so wait for a unit that will do the same thing this one does. No thanks, that's just chasing your own tail.

I also don't think you're a "mindless drone" (your words not mine), I simply acknowledged that when working for an employer, you can't always say what you want. I'm military, believe me when I say I know what it is not to be able to say what you want to whoever you want.....

I also fail to see the difference in you sending me a PM (or telling me over the phone) what the issue is and posting on the forum.

Heck, you could tell someone and then they post it on the forum. The cat is still out of the bag.....

Like I also told you, I only have cell phones (SAR, I'm in contact all the time with work). I'm also in another country. Charges would be astronomical to call you from where I am (Canadian cell phone companies are much more expensive for everything compared to the States) to find out something like "we're working on it".

If you want to tell me what is going wrong in a private forum, you can email directly to this address I've created just for you to respond:

bobfieldsconcertone@gmail.com

All you have to say is it's the TV, or the cables, or the component video or the aspect ratio on the TV vs the ZX700 output, or whatever. You don't have to tell me what the rectification your company is working on (although that would be nice), but when it will be available or if it will have to be bought would be appreciated.

That's all I'm looking for.

I apologize if you're offended Bob, that is not my intention.

But I am beginning to feel strung along with the innuendos towards what the problem is. That's the source of my frustration.

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 01-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #80

Bob,
Have not had time to sit down and watch a dvd long enough to see if any others have the audio/video lagging problem. I did do as you suggested and tried my zx700 on three (3) different tv's. They were all tube tv's and they all three just showed up black and white mostly, maybe a little color in there but it was unveiwable. Not very electronics savvy so bear with me here on my explanation. It almost reminded me of the old super 8 movie reels. Picture was traveling from the bottom of the screen to the top pretty fast. I could see there was a movie playing but could not recognize anything. I tried eliminating the video cord extension and plugged into all three video cables on the back of my zx700 and still had the same thing. Thanks