Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #21

Adapter definitely fixed the jump on my set.

2011 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel
2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlite 831 FKBSS
Fleet of Canoes and one Kayak
So Many Rivers so Little Time!
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #22

Still waiting for concertone and bob fields to come thru, still have a unwatchable unusable entertainment? center.
daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #23

I have a ZX75 and dont have the jumping picture, but I can't hear sound through the tv when we watch a DVD and can't play regular tv sound through the surround sound. Is there anyway to fix this??? O have tried to contact bob fields as well with no return call. Thank you
twentworth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentworth7 View Post
I have a ZX75 and dont have the jumping picture, but I can't hear sound through the tv when we watch a DVD and can't play regular tv sound through the surround sound. Is there anyway to fix this??? O have tried to contact bob fields as well with no return call. Thank you

To hear sound through the sound system, turn the TV volume down and sound system volume up. To hear sound through the TV, do the opposite.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #25

Ha Ha

I hope that was a joke.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #26

Wink

Quote:
I hope that was a joke.

Try it and let me know.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

If I worried about "attribution" I would have quit long ago.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #28

That didn't work
Old 05-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #29
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
There is no obvious way to get sound through the TV speakers when watching the internal DVD. The Concertone IS the sound system. It has a single video out to route video to the TV (which acts like a monitor). You must turn the TV volume to zero so there is no static and you hear the pure surround sound from the Concertone DVD player and speakers.

There should be two line level audio outputs behind the unit. They may not be connected to anything in your installation. You will need to find them and route them to the composite input audio L/R RCA plugs.

here are the wiring diagrams for the ZX700 and the ZX75 (I think).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Concertone Wiring.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	5968  
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ZX500Concertone.pdf (1.52 MB, 44 views)
Old 05-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #30

I actually had the r/c cables hooked up during installation...still nothing.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #31
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
I actually had the r/c cables hooked up during installation...still nothing.
Did YOU hook them up or was it "Clem" from the dealership?

It has been my experience that my six year old grandson has more AV experience than the average RV Tech (no offense)...

I would double check all connections.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #32
Retired US Navy Diver

When I first received my new 2011 Flagstaff the TV played thru the surround sound speakers. The A button turned on the front speakers, the B button turned on the back speakers and the C button turned on the outside speakers.

I took my trailer to, U-Neek RV, one of the local FR approved repair centers to have a swing arm put on the TV as it was mounted to the wall in the entertainment case. They first reported that one of the mounting bolts was broken on the TV and ordered a replacement under warranty. After 2 or 3 weeks got it all back put together. The A button turned on front and rear speakers, B button no longer worked, C button still operated outside speakers. TV no longer played thru surround sound system. Any attempts to connect TV led to electrical popping sounds. Over a 3 or 4 month period they were rude to me, blaming me for all the problems. They replaced the TV again 2 more times. The last time they gave it to me they said I needed to go on Toshiba web site and upgrade the TV firmware and the problem w/ the TV popping and crackling whenever connected to the Concertone System would be resolved. Button A still only operates front speakers. TV still does not play thru stereo system.

Contacted FR warranty. Thank goodness I love this company. They are now sending a replacement stereo, !!!!!! NOT CONCERTONE !!!!!! The warranty man said they are abandoning Concertone products and going to another supplier. I think he said Genesis. Said they were 3 to 4 weeks backordered. My iPhone ipod player wouldn't play on the Concertone system either. Hopefully this is all to be resolved with this new system. They are also having me deal w/ another FR repair center here in town.

I also noted the Concertone Stereo unit had broken mounting brackets. My conclusion is the repair tech at, U-Neek RV, the first dealer, couldn't figure out either the TV or the stereo removal and broke the mounting brackets during their initial modifications to my system.
gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #33
Site Team - Lou

Glenn,

I am at a loss on how to reply to your post.

1) If it worked before some dufus screwed with it and then it didn't, how is it the equipment's fault?

2) U-Neek RV sounds like a place to avoid at all costs. I would drive 500 miles to find a better repair center. Their "repair tech" is a butt munch who blamed YOU for his (or her) ignorance and hack job on your camper.

3) While I don't normally recommend midnight revenge; U-Neek RV sounds like a candidate for a high altitude drone strike with no remorse.

4) Genesis is the next generation Concertone radio and a "repair shop" worth the space it occupies would know that.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #34
Retired US Navy Diver

Yes Lou, it has been very frustrating. I have stood at the counter while the service manager has rudely addressed me complaining about the long hours they have spent on my trailer installing the swing arm and correcting their mistakes. And the money they have lost. Couldn't understand his anger w/ me as it was his guys that had screwed things up. I spoke w/ the Asst Mgr who was doubtful about my claims as his service mgr is such a great standup guy and he's had nothing but customer compliments. And this last time I picked it up, not only all the other problems were the same but the TV antenna no longer worked.

When I contacted FR warranty, Doug Fought, he was very supportive and very willing to help resolve this whole thing. He was willing to switch over from U-Neek RV to McChord's RV and allow them to resolve all issues still under warranty.

I looked at the Concertone website and cannot find anything on a Genesis system. It seems the ZX800 is the latest version available.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:56 AM   #35
Grumpy Old Member

Hi Glenn,

Just an FYI, the Genesis will be re-badged by Concertone as their new ZX800. I have one of the Genesis badged units in my Windjammer and while the audio quality of the amp and speakers is just ok, it is a very feature rich unit and so far has been trouble free for me.

I have been reading all the posts related so the issues surrounding the latest Concertone hardware and I've come to the conclusion that more than half of the troubles presented here stem from the dealers incorrectly installing or re-installing the AV gear.

I hope you get your troubles resolved ASAP.

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2020 RAM 1500
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #36
Retired US Navy Diver

I apologize if I expressed any negativity to Concertone. I actually never even got any time to use the original operational Concertone system as U-Neek RV had the system screwed up in the first few months I owned the rig and all my trips and use has been w/ the damaged/malfunctioning system.

I'm very impressed w/ the Concertone customer care as I have already received a personal msg from Bob Fields, a Concertone VP, introducing himself and offering assurances all problems would be resolved. And offering any assistance he can provide if needed to help resolve problems. Thank you Bob!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #37

Hi Everyone.
Well the good folks at Forest River sent me a replacement Genesis/Concertone ZX800, and WOW! it's miles above the 700! The audio is about the same(no complaints there anymore) but the video is high def, really super just one connection to the tv. Also the wireless phone is neat and the radio section seems stronger. Thanks Palomino and Forest River!
Dave and Rainy
daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #38
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Thanks for the update Dave! Spread the word! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #39

My ZX75 was fried due to a power surge and Bob has been very helpful in helping me select a replacement unit.

I just ordered the new ZX85 and hope it exceeds my expectations.

Thanks Bob for your help!

Al
ALMcKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #40
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Your welcome Al!
Let me know directly you got it and if you have any questions...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote