Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #1

Unhappy Concertone ZX700 vs. Toshiba 32c100u

Hi all,
Think I need to find Bob Fields on this one I think, maybe someone else has this experience.
Have a 2011 sabre with toshiba 32c100u tv and zx700. Cant watch the tv with the tv's audio going thru the zx700..... seems there are no analog? outputs on this tv only a dolby digital optical output and I don't think the concertone has a input for this...AAARRRRGGGG! Anyone have a answer other than just watching tv thru the crapping internal speakers??? I got all excited when I looked at the quick start guide from Palomino, and it said just click on au2 on the concertone and I then hear the tv's audio thru the system. Bummer.
Thanks!
Dave and Rainy
daverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
AUDIO from Toshiba 32" to Concertone ZX-700

Look on the very bottom left had side on the back lower corner facing the front of the TV. There are two connections, color coded. They look like a add-on to the TV. Has a small sticker next to the two connections. Your audio cables from the ZX-700 plugs in to the two connectors.

You may have to remove the TV to see them on the very bottom.

There should be two cables of clear insulation coming out through the hole for the RG-6 cable.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2022 51 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #3

I have the XZ75 and had to run a new audio cable from the Concertone to the TV
It was wired from the Factory with just the yellow wire (Video output) to the TV and had to had to turn the ZX75 way up to hear the dvd.

There should be audio outputs (Red and white) on the back of the concertone and put them to the Inputs on the TV (Will be next to the yellow connector) so that you can have both audio's (TV and Concertone) when watching DVD's

this is the back of your tv and it does have Inputs that will come from the concertones output (Mono L & R)

I couldnt find a concertone manual for the ZX700 so not sure which outputs to tell you to hook up

Hope that helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lcd-tv-32c100u-600-05.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	5220  
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #4

So cool!

O.K. well those two rca connections are hidden! Found them, guess I need 3 or 4 ft. pair of rca cables, how does one remove the zx700, can't find any screws on it, even with my glasses on! I assume I've got to get to the back of it. Just want to also say thanks for the help!
Went out and plugged apair of cables into the tv output jacks and into the zx700 extra panel and put the cables into the mp3 tv jacks, only heard a thumping sond out of the zx so somethings screwed up. yikes!
Dave
Old 04-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #5

if the ZX700 is similar to my ZX75 you will see panels on the left and right side and close to the wood you will see two small holes that you need to put a small flat tipped screw driver in to un-clip the covers to get at the screws.
look from the side of the unit and you will see the two holes I am talking about and lightly pull the covers towards you after pushing the clips in. It will not take alot of pressure to release the covers either
Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #6

I had the same problem and posted this under Concertone subsection. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...led-10688.html

Quote:
After wrestling with a problem of trying to get my Toshiba 32" Flatpanel TV audio to play thru the Concertone Unit for a week or so I have a solution. I had searched all topics and come across lots of help but none cured my problem of when I connected the audio out from the TV I got this constant Thumping thru all speakers no matter what function I selected. I even carried the TT back to the dealer and was told the unit did not play audio from the TV. After pulling the TV and Concertone unit off the wall numerous times I was pretty familiar with all the connections. After finally giving up and resigning myself that I would have to be satisfied with the TV speaker supplying the audio I quit worrying about it.

Of all the places I was in the shower and I started wondering why the Audio Cable was hooked to the Concertone AV2L and AV2R but hooked to the Toshiba Video in Red and White? Shouldn't one be an input and the other an output? I decided that the DVD would probably only need the Video in (Yellow) as the audio should be supplied by the Concertone unit to the surround speakers. I disconnected the red and white RCA connectors at the TV panel and hooked them to the Audio out RCA Connectors at the bottom right corner of the TV. All is right in Toshiba/Concertone World.

Sorry for the long post but I feel the need to relish my minor conquest of a problem that has been bugging me for the 3 weeks I have owned my new TT. Hope this is clear as mud but if needed I could upload a picture or two to help. Thanks to everyone for their inputs as the whole finally came together in my tiny brain to resolve this problem

Hope this fixes your problem, it did mine and now all happy in campingland.......
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #7

buckisland1950 - If I would have known about your thread I would have posted a link to your thread - I have a feeling it is an input to output issue with his unit as well - seems that is a common thing - I had to rewire the output of the dvd player to the input of the tv from just video to both video and audio cause the ZX75 had to be turned way up to hear the dvd - it works and sounds great if you play the radio but not the DVD - have only had one DVD in it as it was my 2nd trip with my new TT and havent stayed inside much other to watch one movie so far.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #8

Removing the ZX-700

Look at the bottom of the ZX-700 faceplate, you will see two slots near the bottom right and left corners, using a small screwdriver you can remove the complete faceplate. Remove the screws holding the ZX-700
in the cabinet. Carefully pull the ZX-700 out of the cabinet (never mind the rats nest of wires) Look for the two leads (they are married together) with clear insulation one with a red plug, one with a white plug (RCA MALE) these are what needs to be pushed through the hole behind the TV, towards the TV. Also while you are in there you should make sure the
yellow video out cable from the ZX-700 is also run to the TV and plugged into the yellow video-in RCA female connector on the TV.

This may require for someone to help you while you are in the rats nest behind the ZX-700 to hold the ZX-700 while you are running the cables through the hole behind the TV. Be careful the VIDEO cable comes unplugged very easy in the rets nest, should be taped together.
DAYS CAMPED 2022 51 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
Old 04-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #9

Having the same issues here. I am almost certain that the "Audio Out" is a local modification to the 32C100U, it is not mentioned anywhere in the user manual, nor did the Toshiba agent I spoke to in the phone know anything about it!

The "Thumping Noise" for me disappeared as long as I had none of the 3 Colourstream cables connected, if the video from the SAT box was fed to the TV via HDMI or the yellow video connector, the thumping went away.

This led to the next problem. There is no way on the 32C100U of disabling the TV speakersother than turning the volume to zero, which means no audio to the ZX700! So now I can have the TV sound feeding into the ZX700, but there is always sound coming from the TV speakers, this causes an echo effect with the sound coming out of the ZX-700 speakers and TV speakers being slightly out of whack (where's the knocking head against brickwall emoticon when you need it?)

The original TV in our Sabre was a Toshiba 32AVxxxx which had both Audio Out as standard and a way to switch off the speakers. My guess is this model is no longer available and the 32C100U was a replacement. When it was discovered that there was no Audio Out, I suspect they cobbled something up that "almost" worked!

My solution (yet to be proven) is to get a device that will take the Optical Audio from the TV and convert it to the Red and White lead Audio Out to plug into the ZX700. According to Toshiba, setting the TV volume to zero will kill all sound from the TV speakers, but will allow a fixed audio level out of the optical link. The volume then is controlled by the ZX700.

Hope that all makes sense?
wooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #10

Smile Wow!

Thanks to all for the help, I agree that the audio outputs on the tv look like afterthoughts, although In did hook up everything and while I don't like the audio of the tv and concertone together, its better than with out it. A special thanks to daisyboykin,buckisland1950, and wooly, you guys knew exactly what I had going on. I'm going to try a digital to analog adapter and see what happens.
Gefen, LLC - GefenTV Digital Audio to Analog Adapter
Home
Products
News
Media
Support
Distributors
Forums
Account
View Cart

GefenTV Digital Audio to Analog Adapter

Optional Accessories
Overview
Tech Specs
In The Box
Accessories
Buy Now
Digital Audio Transformed to Analog Audio -- Effortlessly and Simply

The Digital To Analog Audio converter box takes your coaxial/optical (S/PDIF or TOSLink) digital audio source and converts it to standard analog left/right audio, available for connection to an external device such as an amplifier or recording deck via standard RCA-style jacks. Now you can bridge your legacy sound system with digital sources such as DVD and CD players that don't have RCA-style analog outputs.
How It Works

Simply run a short extension cable from an available digital audio output jack on your digital source device to the same type of digital input on the Converter. Select which kind of digital signal (coaxial or optical) is being input with the selector switch on the converter, then hook up your analog RCA-style left and right cables to the Converter's analog RCA jack outputs and power up all equipment. That's all there is to it!

Note:
This product does not support encoded Dolby Digital audio. Verify you can turn off Dolby Digital in the source you will be connecting to this converter.
For a Dolby Digital version of this product, please click here to see the GTV-DD-2-AA.
THANKS EVERONE!
DAVE AND RAINY
Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverain View Post
Thanks to all for the help, I agree that the audio outputs on the tv look like afterthoughts, although In did hook up everything and while I don't like the audio of the tv and concertone together, its better than with out it. A special thanks to daisyboykin,buckisland1950, and wooly, you guys knew exactly what I had going on.
Your kidding right?
I guess my post wasnt close to what your issue was
seeing posts like this make me almost not willing to help people
Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #12

Wink Wow!

Yes, I forgot to include you, I'm not the best on these forums and as I was writing out the user names, our huskie was howling at me the same time about going for a walk, I apologize.
Dave
Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #13

I ordered this one, it has good reviews and is a bit cheaper

TosLink to Analogue Converter

Wooly
Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverain View Post
Yes, I forgot to include you, I'm not the best on these forums and as I was writing out the user names, our huskie was howling at me the same time about going for a walk, I apologize.
Dave
after reading my post it didnt sound right - didnt mean to say it as I was mad - not mad - just kinda felt left out
Old 04-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #15

Smile Quick Update

Hi, the converter finally arrived. Out of the box to connected to working was less than 5 minutes.

Plug optical cable from back of TV to Converter
Remove analogue cables from ZX700 to TV
Plug the above cables into converter
Plug in converter power supply

Done!

The TV volume can be turned down to zero, and the fixed audio out of the tv is controlled by the ZX-700 volume.

Now to make my harmony 880 understand the changes!!

Wooly
Old 04-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #16

Hi Wooly,
Is the audio quality any better with the adapter? Do you have any problems with a jumping picture?
Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #17

Hi Dave, the quality is better than the TV speakers. I don't have jumping picture issues (yet!)

Wooly
Old 04-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #18

Arrrggg! NEED HELP

Tried the tv again with a different dvd player, well its not the tv its the zx700. The jumping pic is really annoying.
Now need to get in touch with Bob Fields to get the video adapter , any one with any input on this adapter feel free to chime in! See the forums " jumping video"
Thanks to the previous posters on the audio problem.
Dave and Rainy
Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #19

Zx-700 adapter

I had the jumping video from the ZX-700 to the Toshiba TV. Received the video adapter supplied from Forest River, Installed it according to instructions. Presto, no more jumping video-fixed.
DAYS CAMPED 2022 51 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
Old 04-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #20

Hi Sid,
I sent you a pm,
Dave