Old 05-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #1

Question Concertone ZX75

I am wondering if there is anyway to get the sound from the DVD player from the Concertone ZX75 throught the TV speakers, and the TV to play throught the surround sound. I have a salem and the TV turns around into the bedroom, but we can't watch a movie in the bedroom, because we cannot hear the surround sound speakers in there. We just want to listen to it on the TV. HELP!!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #2

we can hear a dvd through our surround, but not just the tv...I wondered the samething about the tv. also is this zx75 really concertone, our dealer said it was not and the yellow slip I found in the tt in a drawer says AFE or something--will have to verify those letters...can't remember for sure, but anyway after reading the horror stories about concertone I asked about this and was told it was not concertone and all the unit says is zx75 ??

Old 05-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentworth7
I am wondering if there is anyway to get the sound from the DVD player from the Concertone ZX75 throught the TV speakers, and the TV to play throught the surround sound. I have a salem and the TV turns around into the bedroom, but we can't watch a movie in the bedroom, because we cannot hear the surround sound speakers in there. We just want to listen to it on the TV. HELP!!!!!!!
I have a wildwood (Salem's twin) with ZX75. I have a red/white/yellow wire from the Zx to my TV which are the sound (red/white) and video (yellow) that allow me to have sound play thru the TV. Make sure you are wired to the "in" on the back of the TV, I have seen other posts where they were not wired correctly either from factory or the dealership may have removed for safe keeping

Also my tv has a small panel that was removed, 2 wires added and then the panel was screwed back on with wires squeezed out. Those wires take tv sound back thru the zx75 so I can have cable or antenna sound in the zx75 speakers. It looks kinda hot wired but it works. And this was factory not my doing
Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #4

It looks to be wired correctly, but still no sound through the tv.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Not sure if you have this resolved yet, but at some point if it still does not work you or someone will need to actually bench test the radio to determine if indeed it is working. Then and if it is, all the wiring will need to be doubled checked so you are 100% sure it is correct.

I know it is frustrating, BUT "looks" correct does not make it correct. VERIFIED correct possibly using bench testing and a multimeter on the wiring goes a long way towards helping answer the questions and solving the issue.

At some point you may need to consult a professional whether that be your selling dealer or a car audio shop (recommended) as they deal with 12Volt sound systems everyday.

Let us know how you are doing.

Thanks
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote