Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #1

Concertone zx75 radio issues

Just got back from our first weekend in our new camper....had a great time except the radio quit half-way thru the weekend. Everything seems to be working except the radio. Any ideas? Thanks!
sstaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Knower of Some Things

Concertone is known for problems. A quick search will reveal all sorts of info on the forum. Most likely, your dealer will replace it under warranty. They know also of the problems.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #3

Thank you!
sstaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaPro View Post
Concertone is known for problems. A quick search will reveal all sorts of info on the forum. Most likely, your dealer will replace it under warranty. They know also of the problems.
I hope you are right! I own a 2011 Rockwood Roo with the Concertone ZX75 stereo and have had nothing but problems from day one. The stereo has been checked by a tech and I was told the tuner is shot and that I would have to buy a new one!!! Using the trailer three times on long weekends without the use of a broken radio should not lead to my having to replace it!!!!.
TayKats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayKats View Post
I hope you are right! I own a 2011 Rockwood Roo with the Concertone ZX75 stereo and have had nothing but problems from day one. The stereo has been checked by a tech and I was told the tuner is shot and that I would have to buy a new one!!! Using the trailer three times on long weekends without the use of a broken radio should not lead to my having to replace it!!!!.
Many people buy the FR one-year extension. Even if you purchased in spring of 2010, it should still be covered.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayKats View Post
What about your warranty?
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #7

Concertone ZX75

I have read many forums on this subject and they all say the Concertone products have problems. I haven't been able to find a direct replacement alternative. Has anyone replaced their Concertone ZX75 with somthing that they are happy with and that fits in the same hole?
Camping Chandlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Chandlers View Post
I have read many forums on this subject and they all say the Concertone products have problems. I haven't been able to find a direct replacement alternative. Has anyone replaced their Concertone ZX75 with somthing that they are happy with and that fits in the same hole?
the Concertone comes in two sizes, one tall and one short.
if you have the short one, a Jensen unit will be close to the same size. the AWM970 is very popular.
if you have the tall one, there's nothing else out there, without modifying the hole and putting the shorter Jensen in it.
Concertone's newer units have been much better and much less complaints.
they did have an exchange program but not sure if it's still available.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #9

Thanks Bikendan. Just looked up the Jensen AWM970. Looks good. Think I will order one and give it a try. Thanks for the advise.
Camping Chandlers is offline   Reply With Quote