Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #21
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by riwdfw View Post
Im not sure what is plug into the TV We tried to get it down but couldnt so we stopped before we damaged something. I know the remote works on the Concertone unit not when shooting at the TV. Also down in the cabinet there is a bunch of different plugs but dont remember what they are. I think like video in/out and maybe to plug in games. It seems that maybe the tv is nothing but a monitor but the books I have dont say a thing. If you believe it we did try to read the instructions (the previous owners included all manuals Yea) but of course they didn't help
Pictures please. Include specs on what model of Concertone and TV would be VERY helpful in helping you.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #22

Concertone

Thanks Lou. Our trailer is at a storage unit right now. Too muddy at home to park it there. As soon as we get there I will take some pictures and get model number. Really appreciate the help.
riwdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #23

I have the 2008 rockwood 8313 with 3 tvs. None are digital. each needs a converter. I have mine installed and now I get good tv locals on antenna and the rest on direct tv. You do not need a converter for direct or dish network.
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

one Access HD DTA 1080D Digital Converter is sold.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #25

Bill & Theresa
We kinda figured it wasn't digital but wasn't sure. Now our next problem is knowing how to hook up the converter. In a cabinet we have plug that says antenna and then a whole bunch of plug ins. I think they say video in/out (I sure dont sound like I know what I'm talking about cause I don't)and other things. They look like the plugs that are usually on a tv but these happen to be in a cabinet. Sorry about not being able to explain this better, just a female that knows nothing about this stuff trying to figure it out. I will try to get to the trailer and see if I can get a picture of everything if no one knows what I'm talking about cause I'm not sure I do . Sometimes I think it would have been easier to stay in the tent
Live 4 Camping

Nites Camped 2011 - 10
Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #26

I consulted with bob fields (concertone rep) and with his asistance I removed the concertone head and removed the antenna in wire. With an extension coax and a hole drilled in the cabinet the antenna in wire goes to the converter in and converter out goes back to the concertone antenna in connection. On the other tv's just antenna to converter and converter out to tv. After hook ups the concertone goes on tv3 and the channels are changed using the converter remote. If I can be of further help you can private msg me.
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Those plugs are inputs to the Concertone Sound System, not the TV.

The plugs on the left are game inputs using the video IN function of the Concertone.

I am talking about the TV itself. There should be a tuner in there that is hooked up to the coax from the antenna plate. The gray wire in the lower photo. That coax will get hooked to the digital to analog converter and the yellow RCA plug (and the RED/WHITE stereo) from the converter would get plugged into the wall plate inside your cabinet. You will forever more use the converter to change the channels and not the TV. That will just be a "monitor" to show the picture.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #28

Thanks so much for the information. Everyone has been such a help. Will try this weekend to see how things go. Will let you no. So glad I found this site. Have learned so much. Again a big Thank You
Live 4 Camping

Nites Camped 2011 - 10