Old 06-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #11

Thanks again for your replies to help me out. The street connection terminates at the amplifier. I was able to disconnect it and terminate it directly to my satellite box. I've also come up with an idea to install a jumper to still allow me to plug into campground cable, without needing a phillips head . There may be some other options at my local RV supplier. Regardless, I've learned something this week, and thankful for our guidance.

bPerrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bPerrier View Post
Thanks again for your replies to help me out. The street connection terminates at the amplifier. I was able to disconnect it and terminate it directly to my satellite box. I've also come up with an idea to install a jumper to still allow me to plug into campground cable, without needing a phillips head . There may be some other options at my local RV supplier. Regardless, I've learned something this week, and thankful for our guidance.
A cheap, down and dirty way is use an A/B switch to switch the park cable input between the sat receiver and the booster (amplifier) panel original connection. Just one way that cost's about $5. An A/B coax switch is not the same as a splitter and will not interfere with the sat antenna to sat receiver signal

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite