Old 10-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #11
Villa Estate 392FLFB

hell i went a few months before TheSasks told me about the zx600 button on the remote.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #12

I have the zx700, on second unit. remote stopped working on the first one, and replaced it. Shortly after installing the second one, the remote stopped working. Grousing about pulling it out again, went on the internet to a concertone site (maybe). One thread with the same problem said to push the zx700 button on the remote. I did and its been working since. Wayne

Old 10-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #13

Talking as an electronics technician, many electronic devices are very voltage sensitive, +/- 15% of rated voltage. When you are dry camping or use many 12 VDC items, the DC voltage could be dropping below the working voltage of your device. IMO if you have been through more than 2 new replacements, there is something else going on. Devices such as the Concertone are processor drivin, meaning if the data to or from the processor and or buffers becomes corrupt, maybe ony one byte, the device would freeze up. By removing the power for a few seconds or longer, I go with a minute, this allows the buffers and processor to clear. As long as power is applied the buffers and processor will hold thier state. Data is high (~5 VDC) and lows (~ 2 VDC). The power button in most electronic entertainment devices just shuts down the display and audio circuits but overall the device is active. To prove this out, you will need a decent multi-meter (highly reccommended for you toolbox) that meassures min/max voltages (if you use a genset get a meter with Hz (frequency)). Place the leads on the positve and negative leads at the Concertone (no where else or you won't get true results). Set your multi meter to VDC and set for MIN reading. Turn on your Concertone and note your reading. Then start turning on your 12 VDC equipment and keep noting the voltages. If you normaly dry camp, make sure you don't have shore power connected. If your voltage drops below 10.5 VDC, I would highly suspect your TT not the equipment. I would re-do every positive and negative connection. Butt (crimp) connectors are famous for this. I tend to solder and heat shrink connections, but then I am a geek . I just find it very hard to believe that there are so many satisfied users of Concertone, myself included, that one could hve that many OBFs (Out of Box Failures). Keep in mind, low voltage doesn't effect all devices the same, for example, your refer controler may not freek out when you run your batt down, but it is designed different, possibily using components to reduce or isolate low voltage situations. I am not an engineer, but a meer technician. You see very strange and unexplainable thinks from low or high voltage. Just thinking, if the low voltage test checks out, do the same tests, but check for high voltage (~14.5 to 15 VDC). Make sure you plug in and the converter/ battery charger is running. You may have a bad converter. Just my thoughts.... Good luck.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #14
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by camper25 View Post
Once more I am complaining about the 8 Concertone ZX600's we have had to replace in our 2009 Rockwood trailer, I would like my money back, they have all failed miserably and the stress of taking our trailer back and forth and it sitting on our dealers lot for at least a week each time to where our dealer felt so badly they actually sent an installer to install #8 at our home. And of course as of 2 weeks ago we went camping and the 8th unit failed, but now there is no warranty left. We are so disappoined in this product they are all lemons. Concertone should make it their business to somehow refund all of us whom have had so much trouble with these units. I am amazed at how many people have had problems with units and a recall has not happened yet even Toyota finally admits when it had a poor product and tried to make things right.
Did anyone actually check the installation wiring?
When you say installer, do you mean RV Service Tech or an actual installer trained in 12volt electronics?
Did anyone ever bench test the units before or after installation?

There is no way that 8 units would fail out of the box. There must be something else going on...

Please email me directly so we can look into this further.

Thanks
Bob
bfields@concertone.com
Old 10-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #15
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
F and E Damp, I am reasonably certain that Concertone is owned by Forest River, it's one of their divisions. Daewoo is a Korean company, maybe ever so slightly better, but not a whole bunch. Just my opinion! Randy
This has been addressed in another thread, Concertone is NOT owned by FR. FR has an Electronics Division, but again Concertone is NOT owned by FR (or their division).

We are a privately held company located in CA. I recently joined Concertone as VP sales & Marketing and am moving to Elkhart to open a Concertone Office there. This will include a service and support department that I hope to have up and running within a few months. I arrive Elkhart full time the 2nd week of November.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #16
Owner - RVtronics

kbrown1075 - Thanks for posting the good advice.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #17
Site Team - Lou

Arrow Lets give the Concertone Folks a chance

Do you need Concertone Support?

Bob Fields is a member of this board!
He is a Vice President of Concertone.
He is here to HELP YOU.
Give the guy a chance to do so.
I highly recommend that in the future, if a member has a Concertone issue or question, the member should be handed off to him before we throw fuel on an out of control fire.

No, I have no connection with him or his company (other than having a ZX-700 in my 2010 Flagstaff - no problems yet - cross fingers).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

He is here to HELP YOU.
I highly recommend that in the future, if a member has a Concertone issue or question, the member should be handed off to him before we throw fuel on an out of control fire.

No, I have no connection with him or his company (other than having a ZX-700 in my 2010 Flagstaff - no problems yet - cross fingers).
x2
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

He is here to HELP YOU.

I think it's great that we have a representative of any rv related product willing to join the forum and address what problems we may have. This type of direct communication between any manufactuer and their customers can only lead to a better product.

Thanks Mr. Fields. I do appreciate your efforts.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #20

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Bob Fields - I think it is great to have you join this forum to help out and as i see it to make a good product an even better product. It really says alot about you and the company you work for !! Yes I agree with everyone, the odds of have a product fail out of box 3/8-times, there is something else wrong. Thank you again and hopefully everyone that has had problems will give you a chance to help them. I would only hope that other RV component manufacturers for Forest River would join the forum like yourself ! We have the ZX-700 in our Windjammer 3065 and have had no problems to date !!