Old 08-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Dead Concertone repair

The ZX-50 in my Catalina quit playing CD's a month or so ago. No surprise from what I have been reading... Interestingly I was at my dealer and noticed a new line of Catalina's have Jensen in them...

Anyway, my Dealer just called and said my replacement ZX-50 is there and did I want him to ship it to me so I could replace it myself. He said I could ship the old one back to to them. I am about an hour from the Dealer so it would keep me from towing my trailer back to them.

Would this void my warranty if the 2nd one dies? I guess I could just ask the Dealer, but I'm wondering if something is up?!

2016 Puma 30RLIS
2011 Catalina 19RD - totalled by hail
cbenslay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Owner - RVtronics
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Your warranty would not be void because you did the installation (unless of course it is obvious that you damaged it). Bear in mind your warranty period is still linked to your original purchase.
This is an easy swap and you should be able to do no problem...

Bob Fields
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
Thanks Bob! I appreciate your input. I hope this unit lasts a long time. I love the auxiliary input on the front. That is something I haven't seen much.
2016 Puma 30RLIS
2011 Catalina 19RD - totalled by hail
cbenslay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
My first trailer was a Terry with a radio and tape player. After a few years the tape player crapped out. A friend of mine has a '06 Cougar that the cd player doesn't work. None of the units have a name on them, so maybe Concertone is typical of what the manufacturers use. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Denis & Diane
2010 Sabre 31REDS
Ford F-250 2011
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote

catalina, concertone, zx-50